NFL HOF announcement | Syracusefan.com

NFL HOF announcement

Alsacs

Living Legend
It looks like Jason Taylor and LaDanion Tomlinson are getting in.
Apparently Tagilbue and Terrel Owens got squeezed.
I don't think Terrell Davis is a HOFer. He was a stud for 4 years. You need more than 4 elite seasons and nothing else to be a HOFer.
If Owens doesn't get in then Davis shouldn't.

Last edited:
BREAKING: LaDainian Tomlinson, Terrell Davis, Kurt Warner, Morten Andersen & Jason Taylor make up 2017 class of the Pro FB Hall of Fame.
Lynch/Dawkins/TO didn't make it.

Last edited:
No problem with anyone except Morton Anderson. Dude kicked literally HALF the games of his career inside a Dome. Never made a big kick in his life cause his teams were always pretty bad. I don't see it honestly. When you make no big kicks and really don't have to deal with the elements it's a joke he got in.

Glad TO got left out, he was a clown.

It is interesting that 3 current NFL Network analysts and 1 current Sirius NFL Radio analyst got in this year. Goes to show ya it's who ya know and it doesn't hurt to be on the NFL Payroll when it comes to HOF voting!

No problem with anyone except Morton Anderson. Dude kicked literally HALF the games of his career inside a Dome. Never made a big kick in his life cause his teams were always pretty bad. I don't see it honestly. When you make no big kicks and really don't have to deal with the elements it's a joke he got in.

It is interesting that 3 current NFL Network analysts and 1 current Sirius NFL Radio analyst got in this year. Goes to show ya it's who ya know and it doesn't hurt to be on the NFL Payroll when it comes to HOF voting!
But now that Andersen is in, hopefully that paves a path for Gary Anderson. You have to think his career is very similar to Morton. Also, when you look at MA's stats, it amazing how good he was in the latter part of his career. Yes, indoors, but still.

Morten Andersen: Career Stats at NFL.com

Right? Morten, but not Gary? Really? Does ATL being in SB influence any?

I don't think Terrell Davis is a HOFer. He was a stud for 4 years. You need more than 4 elite seasons and nothing else to be a HOFer.
To add;
TD - 2 rings, SB MVP
TO - 0 rings

the want to use Sayers as the example. but he was so dynamic in other ways too. I look at it this way.. had davis had 3-4 yrs of avg play then 3-4 great years then 3-4 yrs of avg play would he still have gotten in? probably not.

it sucks he got hurt but doesnt make him a HF.. he needed another yr or two.

Agree about Davis. 4 great years doesn't equal HOF to me but I guess people compare it to Gale Sayers situation.

An absolute outrage that Brian Dawkins didn't get in as 1st ballot or even make the final 10

But now that Andersen is in, hopefully that paves a path for Gary Anderson. You have to think his career is very similar to Morton. Also, when you look at MA's stats, it amazing how good he was in the latter part of his career. Yes, indoors, but still.

Morten Andersen: Career Stats at NFL.com

Gary Anderson isn't getting folks. He isn't even making the list of semi-finalists each year that they eventually trim down to the finalists that gets trimmed down to the people who make it. No shot of getting in.

Jerry Jones gets in also, I'm kind of torn on Jerry.

He made a lot of owners (and media people) a lot of money because he has grown the league into a multi-billion dollar business. You make people rich, guess what they really really like you. Not surprised he got in

Gary Anderson isn't getting folks. He isn't even making the list of semi-finalists each year that they eventually trim down to the finalists that gets trimmed down to the people who make it. No shot of getting in.
he was never making the list until M. Anderson got off the list..

Jerruh and Davis are not HOF worthy.

CANNOT believe those clowns got in and Jacoby did not.

To add;
TD - 2 rings, SB MVP
TO - 0 rings
Davis was a winner but his career was 4'stud years and then nothing. Marshawn Lynch is a HOFer if
Davis.
The NFL HOF bar to get in was lowered.
Morten Anderson and Terrell Davis were weak selections.
If Davis didn't get hurt he likely gets in but he didn't. Put OJ Anderson in next year he ran for 2500 more yards than Terrell Davis and had a dominant SB and has 2 SB rings.

Jerruh and Davis are not HOF worthy.

CANNOT believe those clowns got in and Jacoby did not.
Jerry got in as a contributor his selection was going to happen. All influential owners get in.

An absolute outrage that Brian Dawkins didn't get in as 1st ballot or even make the final 10

Amen x 10.

Morten Andersen gets in but not Dawkins? :bat:

Dawkins was probably the best three way safety that ever played in the NFL. Coverage, run stuffing and blitzing. Nobody could do all three better than him. Go to an Eagles game today and more fans have Dawkins jerseys on than any other player - past or present. Phenomenal player.

Davis was a winner but his career was 4'stud years and then nothing. Marshawn Lynch is a HOFer if
Davis.
The NFL HOF bar to get in was lowered.
Morten Anderson and Terrell Davis were weak selections.
If Davis didn't get hurt he likely gets in but he didn't. Put OJ Anderson in next year he ran for 2500 more yards than Terrell Davis and had a dominant SB and has 2 SB rings.
My point was you shorted him some awards and hardware. No more, no less. OJ Anderson never sniffed 2,000 yds. And didn't dominate the way TD did on every touch. Whole body of work. I don't care really, if they wouldn't have put TD in. I wouldn't have complained.

My point was you shorted him some awards and hardware. No more, no less. OJ Anderson never sniffed 2,000 yds. And didn't dominate the way TD did on every touch. Whole body of work. I don't care really, if they wouldn't have put TD in. I wouldn't have complained.
Otis DOMINATED for about 4 years. He was the man.

By your definition, tiki barber should already have a gold jacket.

Davis, is not a HOFer. Hell, TO should be in eons before they ever get to a candidate by the name of Terrell Davis.

Otis DOMINATED for about 4 years. He was the man.

By your definition, tiki barber should already have a gold jacket.

Davis, is not a HOFer. Hell, TO should be in eons before they ever get to a candidate by the name of Terrell Davis.
I stand by everything I said. And I don't care whether someone says TD shouldn't be in. OJ Anderson didn't have the ability of TD. Barber LOL.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom