NFL memo on faking injuries | Syracusefan.com

NFL memo on faking injuries

The Giants don't have to fake injuries ... they have plenty of real ones.

Just lost Domenik Hixon for the year. Same knee as before.

Tyree may be getting a phone call any day now. :(

I don't think fines/suspensions/etc. are the way to go since you can't tell for sure most of the time. Ways that could work:
  • Require the injured player to leave the game for a longer time period than the current one play. Either a bigger number of plays, for a quarter or set amount of time on the game clock, or the rest of the game. The problem is the impact of this would be minimized at the most critical time (during game-ending drives).
  • Punish their manhood instead of their wallet. Release film each week of questionable injuries. Don't judge or accuse the players of anything, just make it known that the situation was looked at and let public opinion and the players sense of pride do the rest.

I don't think fines/suspensions/etc. are the way to go since you can't tell for sure most of the time. Ways that could work:
  • Require the injured player to leave the game for a longer time period than the current one play. Either a bigger number of plays, for a quarter or set amount of time on the game clock, or the rest of the game. The problem is the impact of this would be minimized at the most critical time (during game-ending drives).
  • Punish their manhood instead of their wallet. Release film each week of questionable injuries. Don't judge or accuse the players of anything, just make it known that the situation was looked at and let public opinion and the players sense of pride do the rest.

Yeah, it's tough to deal with the situations where it will still be worth losing the player to slow the game down. Maybe in the last 2:00, if i guy is hurt you play a man down until he can come back in haha.

I think the best way to stop it would be to force them to sit out either the remainder of the series or the drive

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom