2021 NFL Thread | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

2021 NFL Thread

Dak is not in the same conversation as Watson, Brady or Lamar. Come on. Those three have earned their way to that tier with far far less than the cowboys have granted Dak.

Im happy he bet on himself and won, but he’s not in that conversation. Plain and simple.

I don't think any of the "others" are debatable with Dak right now (though I think Kyler and Burrow in particular are capable of becoming that level of QB). I'd put Herbert below Dak for now but no doubt he had an amazing rookie season.

For me, Mahomes, Rodgers, and Wilson are hands-down better. Assuming Dak continues to play at his usual level, I think he's up there with Allen, Lamar, Watson, and Brady, at least for now. Obviously Allen was incredible this season and may ultimately prove that this past year was no fluke. If that's the case, he's on the same level as my top 3.

So for me, it's basically:

Tier 1: Mahomes
Tier 2: Rodgers/Wilson
Tier 2.5: Allen
Tier 3: Brady/Lamar/Watson/Dak in some order.

At worst, Dak is #8 IMO, though I'd probably argue for him as #6.
Dak is no where near anyone mentioned above...not even close.

herbert is better now and at a minimum argument, you can add him to murray, burrow & baker as QBs who are ascending and will pass Dak.

we know who Dak is.

Dak hit his ceiling and bounced back down, its over for him.

congrats on the $$ and double yippee!! on not as much cap space for the pokes.

i also expect Jones to pass him while rising with murray and the killer B's.

we will see...

Daks problem is consistency not talent. If he can break the roller coaster trend he is easily top 10. Jones better speed up his progress if he is going to surpass Dak. Dak needs to trim down by about 15 lbs. If he can do that and drop the consistency problems he will be right there.

Dallas' problem has not been Dak even though he is an easy target. The vaunted OL was either banged up or under performed, Zeke put the ball on the ground or the DL, LBs and Safeties got shredded vs the run. The criticism towards Dak is the same as it was towards Romo and it would be the same if anyone not named Brady or Mahomes was QB at Dallas. Everybody hates the cowboys so find the largest name and claim he sucks.

Chris Carson not being tagged. Will be interesting to see where he lands.

Daks problem is consistency not talent. If he can break the roller coaster trend he is easily top 10. Jones better speed up his progress if he is going to surpass Dak. Dak needs to trim down by about 15 lbs. If he can do that and drop the consistency problems he will be right there.

Dallas' problem has not been Dak even though he is an easy target. The vaunted OL was either banged up or under performed, Zeke put the ball on the ground or the DL, LBs and Safeties got shredded vs the run. The criticism towards Dak is the same as it was towards Romo and it would be the same if anyone not named Brady or Mahomes was QB at Dallas. Everybody hates the cowboys so find the largest name and claim he sucks.
Consistency is the game in all of each and every pro sport. you could sya that about so many athletes it's not funny. Honestly, I haven't seen Dak accomplish much.

Dak is basically Russell Wilson. When Wilson won his SB and went to the other the team was carried by its defense. Since the defense aged out and they have become an offensive team they haven’t won much in the playoffs.

I don’t see much difference beteeen the two.
The problem with QB payments are mediocre guys like Kirk Cousins, Jimmy G, Matt Ryan, Jared Goff got overpaid because teams are stupid. Only Matt Ryan of that bunch really earned his contact. By paying them ridiculous money it raised the bar for better players.

Mahomes and Watson are worth their contracts.
Brees, Brady, Rodgers earned their contracts.
Big Ben is overpaid and took the haircut.

I wish contracts were slotted for how good they are since they are used for future signings.

The reason this deal isn’t bad is because the new TV deals will raise the salary cap in the future.

I think the Chiefs deal with Mahomes was a steal. He is going to be underpaid in a couple of years.
Dak is probably closer to 35 million per year like Wilson but I get his agent was able to leverage the situation he was in to get ahead of Watson’s 39 million per year.

Last edited:
Dak is basically Russell Wilson. When Wilson won his SB and went to the other the team was carried by its defense. Since the defense aged out and they have become an offensive team they won’t much in the playoffs.

I don’t see much difference beteeen the two.
The problem with QB payments are mediocre guys like Kirk Cousins, Jimmy G, Matt Ryan, Jared Goff got overpaid because teams are stupid. Only Matt Ryan of that bunch really earned his contact. By paying them ridiculous money it raised the bar for better players.

Mahomes and Watson are worth their contracts.
Brees, Brady, Rodgers earned their contracts.
Big Ben is overpaid and took the haircut.

I wish contracts were slotted for how good they are since they are used for future signings.

The reason this deal isn’t bad is because the new TV deals will raise the salary cap in the future.

I think the Chiefs deal with Mahomes was a steal. He is going to be underpaid in a couple of years.
Dak is probably closer to 35 million per year like Wilson but I get his agent was able to leverage the situation he was in to get ahead of Watson’s 39 million per year.

Coming off injury I felt Dak is worth maybe 30-32. Seattle's D for sure led the way but Wilson was clutch when he had to be vs good teams. That is the missing piece for Dak. Can he make the plays to win when it's there to do so. It's a fine line.

Dallas should dump Elliott. He’s cooked.

He is. He is way too slow to the hole and has slowed down in general a ton not to mention having Tiki Barberitis. Good RBs can do a lot for you and get you into the playoffs but when is the last time a team rode their way to a SB on the back of a feature RB?

Speaking of RBs I would be worried about Barkley too. He had even more mileage on him from Ped St days than Elliott did at OSU. Now he has a major injury on top of that as a pro.

Speaking of RBs I would be worried about Barkley too. He had even more mileage on him from Ped St days than Elliott did at OSU. Now he has a major injury on top of that as a pro.
now thats a sound point.

this year will be interesting to say the least for him.

Giants need a big time playmaker at WR to take some pressure off him...and he was supposed to be the guy to take the pressure off Jones and the WRs.

im still confident they win the East.

Last edited:
Now it's show time. Cap hit of just $3.5 mil on that; they structured it that way on purpose to make sure they can sign some other guys. Wonder who...
I don’t get how they can do that on just a 2 year contract.
If it’s longer I get how to spread the signing bonus over X years.
If he is signing 2yrs 25 million if the cap hit next year is 3.5 then the cap hit would have to be a lot more year two but how much is guaranteed?

I don’t get how they can do that on just a 2 year contract.
If it’s longer I get how to spread the signing bonus over X years.
If he is signing 2yrs 25 million if the cap hit next year is 3.5 then the cap hit would have to be a lot more year two but how much is guaranteed?
It's a 5 year deal that voids after 2.

It's a 5 year deal that voids after 2.
Okay so that makes sense. Bucs are going to have dead money for 3 seasons after.

Yeah I don’t blame them for that.

Dak is not in the same conversation as Watson, Brady or Lamar. Come on. Those three have earned their way to that tier with far far less than the cowboys have granted Dak.

Im happy he bet on himself and won, but he’s not in that conversation. Plain and simple.
Look at Dak and Watson's numbers they are very similar. Both have one playoff win.

Look at Dak and Watson's numbers they are very similar. Both have one playoff win.
Look at the skills players on the boys vs what Watson had this year.

Look at the skills players on the boys vs what Watson had this year.
Will Fuller is a stud. Coutee isn't bad either. Remember they just drafted Lamb last year. Before Cooper came he didn't have great options. And before o'brien went brain dead he had Hopkins.

Scrolling through looking for something to watch, come across “Super Bowl Classics” on NFL Network. I think “awesome, an old Super Bowl would be fun to watch. I wonder which one it is.”

Bucs/Chiefs from a month ago. Woo hoo.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom