2021 NFL Thread | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

2021 NFL Thread

Eli might’ve been as good as Dak if his DL hadn’t carried him for so many years.

Dak’s proven he can win in the playoffs if given a barely average defense.

It could be worse...

Dak deal is fine. He's certainly good. Probably not great. Whoever is the latest franchise QB to sign becomes the highest paid, it's not anything new. He played in 5 games and the offense scored 17, 40, 31, 38, 37. That 17 was against the Rams who are pretty damn good.

His cap hit of $22m this year also negates any argument of him taking too much money that they can't field a competitive defense. A lot bigger issue is having $78m in cap hits this year for Zeke, Cooper, Martin, Tyron & Collins.

Dak is no where near anyone mentioned above...not even close.

herbert is better now and at a minimum argument, you can add him to murray, burrow & baker as QBs who are ascending and will pass Dak.

we know who Dak is.

Dak hit his ceiling and bounced back down, its over for him.

congrats on the $$ and double yippee!! on not as much cap space for the pokes.

i also expect Jones to pass him while rising with murray and the killer B's.

we will see...
Dak is basically Russell Wilson.
He isn’t top 5 but when bum QBs get paid Cousins, Goff, Wentz then Dak deserves his money.
Dak can win a SB no QB can really win a SB by themselves.

If Daniel Jones has a good season and you guys have to pay him it will be in the Dak range.

Until NFL teams learn to slot QB salaries every one of them is going to get paid and people will be shocked.

Brady (until he shows he can't), Mahomes, Rodgers. Right now that is the list and everyone else is trying to find a way past them.

Trailing are Jackson, Wilson followed at a slight distance by Ben, Tannehill and then everyone else trying to move up. We can argue all day about teams making their moves to make a run but unless injury steps in there is still a big wall to overcome to honestly expect you can make it happen and that wall is the aforementioned QBs. Brees is left out for obvious reasons.

Pretty amazing that the NFL didn’t have a attendance at 14 stadiums at all last year and the other 18 really only Miami, Dallas had decent crowds.

The lost revenue didn’t really kill the cap as we know the league is a TV product.
The actual cap without it being smoothed a little bit would have been 165 million. So the owners did up it 17 mlllion because they know their TV deals are going to be insane.
So they gave the players an advance of 544 million for next year’s cap that will come out of caps from the following seasons.

Brady (until he shows he can't), Mahomes, Rodgers. Right now that is the list and everyone else is trying to find a way past them.

Trailing are Jackson, Wilson followed at a slight distance by Ben, Tannehill and then everyone else trying to move up. We can argue all day about teams making their moves to make a run but unless injury steps in there is still a big wall to overcome to honestly expect you can make it happen and that wall is the aforementioned QBs. Brees is left out for obvious reasons.
Ben and Tannehill but not Josh Allen

Excuse Me Reaction GIF by Mashable

FAs I want for Patriots.
Jonnu Smith, Curtis Samuel, Manny Sanders.
I would say Shaq Barrett but he will get overpaid.

FAs I want for Patriots.
Jonnu Smith, Curtis Samuel, Manny Sanders.
I would say Shaq Barrett but he will get overpaid.

I'd much prefer Corey Davis to Sanders. Sanders is a good #3 but I feel his days as a #2 WR are just about over. I fear he would be Sanu 2.0.

All that being said, I dont think we get any of the above without a plan at QB. None of the above will likely come aboard for noodle arm newton

Seems to me that connecting the dots, there's probably a very high likelihood Samuel ends up in Washington. I would think Manny is chasing rings at this point so probably not New England, but you never know.

I'd much prefer Corey Davis to Sanders. Sanders is a good #3 but I feel his days as a #2 WR are just about over. I fear he would be Sanu 2.0.

All that being said, I dont think we get any of the above without a plan at QB. None of the above will likely come aboard for noodle arm newton
$$$$ is what will bring them.
Pats have enough to get whomever they want to pay.
Only Jax, and NYJ have more cap space.

They will get a QB most likely Jimmy G.
Samuel and Sanders will be less than Davis or Golloway will get.

I want a either Smith or Henry at TE.

Then 2 WRs and try to get Parsons in the draft. He is my number pick 1 in this draft. I am thankful their are enough studs that at 15 the Pats will get a good player in the draft.

Seems to me that connecting the dots, there's probably a very high likelihood Samuel ends up in Washington. I would think Manny is chasing rings at this point so probably not New England, but you never know.
I think Samuel ends up in the AFC East Miami, NY Jets or New England.

Washington has the Carolina connection but we don’t know if Samuel even cares about the coaching staff.

$$$$ is what will bring them.
Pats have enough to get whomever they want to pay.
Only Jax, and NYJ have more cap space.

They will get a QB most likely Jimmy G.
Samuel and Sanders will be less than Davis or Golloway will get.

I want a either Smith or Henry at TE.

Then 2 WRs and try to get Parsons in the draft. He is my number pick 1 in this draft. I am thankful their are enough studs that at 15 the Pats will get a good player in the draft.
It must be sad that you guys are going to have to pay market value on guys nowadays after 2 damn decades of discounts being taken all over the place.

It must be sad that you guys are going to have to pay market value on guys nowadays after 2 damn decades of discounts being taken all over the place.
It’s a myth the Patriots don’t pay market rate.
They just don’t dip into FA that often. They typically just resign their guys and shop for bargains.
In FA
Devin McCourty was paid
Stephen Gilmore was paid
Adalius Thomas was paid

The Pats have paid guys in FA. Their problem now is the talent decayed on offense and they need to pump in some talent.

It’s a myth the Patriots don’t pay market rate.
They just don’t dip into FA that often. They typically just resign their guys and shop for bargains.
In FA
Devin McCourty was paid
Stephen Gilmore was paid
Adalius Thomas was paid

The Pats have paid guys in FA. Their problem now is the talent decayed on offense and they need to pump in some talent.
You named 3 guys in the last 14 years. I think that mostly proves the point. Would always get quality vets to come in and fill important roles for cheap. A lot more examples like Chris Long and the 2nd Jamie Collins tour where guys come and play for almost nothing to win a ring.

Can he make the plays to win when it's there to do so. It's a fine line.

Comes down to this being a team sport. Unless you have the ball last the defense has to step up. Dak has made plenty of drives to take very late game leads only for the defense to crumble. That defense has been historically bad. The better spend most of their draft on defense.

I've said this before. I love the kid but spending that much on him when the defense is in shambles seems like a recipe for mediocrity.

Comes down to this being a team sport. Unless you have the ball last the defense has to step up. Dak has made plenty of drives to take very late game leads only for the defense to crumble. That defense has been historically bad. The better spend most of their draft on defense.

I've said this before. I love the kid but spending that much on him when the defense is in shambles seems like a recipe for mediocrity.

Yep.

What's the alternative though? Start over with a new qb? And take a Justin Fields or Lance at 10? We need to start drafting better on d. Hopefully we can get surtain at 10 and id love cisco in the 2nd round.

What's the alternative though? Start over with a new qb? And take a Justin Fields or Lance at 10? We need to start drafting better on d. Hopefully we can get surtain at 10 and id love cisco in the 2nd round.
Seems to me that Dallas is freeing up cap space to make a splash on defense as well (I'm assuming it's defense but I suppose it's theoretically possible that it's not).

Seems to me that Dallas is freeing up cap space to make a splash on defense as well (I'm assuming it's defense but I suppose it's theoretically possible that it's not).
I hope to get Shaq Barrett.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom