2021 NFL Thread | Page 26 | Syracusefan.com

2021 NFL Thread

Yeah even if those two RBs are gone at 36, the UNC guy arguably is just as good if not better and he'll almost certainly be there if the other two aren't.
Yep I like Carter.

Wouldn’t hate Miami taking a safety at 36, but there’s quality safeties to be had later as well.

edit: thats a lie, if we take anything other than an RB at 36 (if any of those three are available), I’ll blow up

I'd be extremely happy if I were you. Just plucked an extra 1st for a minimal move down and will still get a pretty similar player at 12 as 6 in this draft.

All I know is that if any GM becomes the architect for a Bills Super Bowl winning squad that he would be celebrated until the end of time.

Find your fanbase exceptionally weird. Were pretty irrelevant for a while, then Roseman builds a roster that wins a damn SUPER BOWL and now everyone has turned on him because the bill came due on that championship roster. Same folks that are whining now would have been the same ones whining if he didn't pay to keep those guys all together.
That would be great if he were really the architect of that team but that is very debatable. There was a stretch when he was relegated to be salary cap man and not full time GM.

Take a peak at his drafts over the last five years when he has been fully in charge. Sift through that wreckage along with some brutal FA signings and then maybe you'll better understand the angst. There was a honeymoon for a few years for sure and deservedly so. But he has been awful for a quite a long stretch now.

I'd be extremely happy if I were you. Just plucked an extra 1st for a minimal move down and will still get a pretty similar player at 12 as 6 in this draft.

All I know is that if any GM becomes the architect for a Bills Super Bowl winning squad that he would be celebrated until the end of time.

Find your fanbase exceptionally weird. Were pretty irrelevant for a while, then Roseman builds a roster that wins a damn SUPER BOWL and now everyone has turned on him because the bill came due on that championship roster. Same folks that are whining now would have been the same ones whining if he didn't pay to keep those guys all together.
Btw there will be 2-3 stud receivers that are likely to be taken in that 6-12 range. Not like they couldn't use one given they've had the worst core of WRs in the NFL for a few years now. Not to repeat myself but moving down six spots at the top of the draft can be costly particularly if the return is a late first rounder (of course it may not be a late first rounder, who knows). This draft is not considered to be all that deep either.

That would be great if he were really the architect of that team but that is very debatable. There was a stretch when he was relegated to be salary cap man and not full time GM.

Take a peak at his drafts over the last five years when he has been fully in charge. Sift through that wreckage along with some brutal FA signings and then maybe you'll better understand the angst. There was a honeymoon for a few years for sure and deservedly so. But he has been awful for a quite a long stretch now.
2016 - Wentz

2017 - Both were busts but seems everyone picked around both guys are garbage too.
1st Derek Barnett - only 1 really good player went in next 10 picks.
2nd Sidney Jones - Only Joe Mixon was decent over next 10 picks.

2018 - only pick in top 125 picks was Goedert at 49 which was solid.

2019 - Dillard and Miles Sanders at 22/53, jury is still out on both I suppose. Arcega-Whiteside at 57 seems like a bum but so are the next 6 guys drafted after him.

2020 - Reagor & Hurts. Who knows.

Seems like he does about average I imagine with picks that aren't very high. Main takeaway for me is that it's going to be a pretty rough go at it when you give up 4 high picks to go get Wentz. Don't have room to be an average drafter after that point.

Btw there will be 2-3 stud receivers that are likely to be taken in that 6-12 range. Not like they couldn't use one given they've had the worst core of WRs in the NFL for a few years now. Not to repeat myself but moving down six spots at the top of the draft can be costly particularly if the return is a late first rounder (of course it may not be a late first rounder, who knows). This draft is not considered to be all that deep either.
There certainly will be but either Smith or Waddle would be a real weird fit with Raegor already being a little guy. I don't know that you want to spend consecutive 1sts on 2 little WRs regardless of how explosive they are. Think at 12 you just sit and wait to see who falls. Guaranteed 1 of Chase, Smith, Waddle, Pitts, Sewell, Parsons, Surtain, Slater at that spot.

There certainly will be but either Smith or Waddle would be a real weird fit with Raegor already being a little guy. I don't know that you want to spend consecutive 1sts on 2 little WRs regardless of how explosive they are. Think at 12 you just sit and wait to see who falls. Guaranteed 1 of Chase, Smith, Waddle, Pitts, Sewell, Parsons, Surtain, Slater at that spot.
I gotta think Mac Jones is in play at #12 also. If they preferred him over Lance may be no reason to stay at 6? Seriously, no matter how good Lance ends up can you really draft 2 NDSU QB's in the top 6 within 5 years of each other? Not saying that's what I'd do, I'm not a big Mac Jones fan. But they need a QB. Hurts and Flacco might get them to 7 or 8 wins if they have a strong running game and defense. Personally I'd take the best WR/TE (from your group) on the board. I think it's fair to say the presence of Jalen Reagor shouldn't stop them from taking a chance on getting a better playmaker.

Miami, you’re doing a great job, definitely stick with Tua. Definitely a franchise QB. Definitely.

I approve.

2016 - Wentz

2017 - Both were busts but seems everyone picked around both guys are garbage too.
1st Derek Barnett - only 1 really good player went in next 10 picks.
2nd Sidney Jones - Only Joe Mixon was decent over next 10 picks.

2018 - only pick in top 125 picks was Goedert at 49 which was solid.

2019 - Dillard and Miles Sanders at 22/53, jury is still out on both I suppose. Arcega-Whiteside at 57 seems like a bum but so are the next 6 guys drafted after him.

2020 - Reagor & Hurts. Who knows.

Seems like he does about average I imagine with picks that aren't very high. Main takeaway for me is that it's going to be a pretty rough go at it when you give up 4 high picks to go get Wentz. Don't have room to be an average drafter after that point.
Average? I wish I had you as a professor in college. :)

I wouldn't expect u to know the ins and outs of the Eagles just like I certainly don't with the Bills so let me provide more color.

2016- Like you said Wentz. Nada otherwise for rest of the draft. That's below average.

2017- Barnett has been decent but he's constantly hurt and just not that productive. Below average production for that level. Sidney Jones blew out his achilles in workouts b4 the draft yet they took him anyway. Sat out the SB year and was a bust thereafter. Big miss. Nada in the rest of the draft. It isn't just about the top two rounds as u occasionally have to hit with middle round picks too. Not Howie.

2018- one decent player, nothing special. You gotta do better than that.

2019 - Dillard appears to be a complete bust and they traded up to get him in the first round. They moved him to RT when Lane Johnson got hurt and he said no mas I can't play RT. The Eagles have been trying to trade him and there has been little interest. Sanders is a very good RB though he seems injury prone. Arcega Whiteside has been a massive bust. A guy named DK Metcalf went seven picks later. Rest of the draft was empty.

2020- The Birds took Raegor instead of the consensus pick of Justin Jefferson of LSU. Huge miss by the Eagles. That dude tore the league up in his first year. Raegor not so much. Nobody had Raegor going in the first round. Every Eagle fan alive Killed Howie when he made that pick i/o Jefferson. Same with Hurts, nobody had him in the second round. He looks like a capable back-up QB. Not much more. Of course Howie famously said "we're a QB factory." Rest of the draft appears to have yielded nothing.

All five of those drafts were below average imo.

Last edited:
It seems to me that u can get either Sewell, Chase or Pitts with #6 because three QBs will prolly go in the top six. All three of those guys are considered pretty much can't miss studs. The Eagles need a serious playmaker on the perimeter, haven't had one for years. Chase and Pitts fit that description while a stud OT is always desirable. You ain't gettin' any of those guys at #12.

Agree with all of that but fwiw would note that Jones supposedly had a mediocre pro day. Maybe that drops him lower in the draft.

EDIT: responding to cuseincinci

I don’t think Mac Jones will get below 8 and Carolina now.

If Miami is wrong about Tua .. they’ve set themselves back 5 years minimum

If Miami is wrong about Tua .. they’ve set themselves back 5 years minimum
Not sure about that with the money and draft picks they have.

Not sure about that with the money and draft picks they have.
They already blew it up, bottomed out and rebuilt it in like 4. Would be odd that they would now be set back more than where they started this build from.

Weekly reminder to how spectacularly stupid Ben Volin is.

Looking over the odds for the upcoming 2021 season a couple of things surprised me.

I fully expected Philly to have the longest odds to win the NFC East. They are at +425 to win the division but the NYG are + 475.

With all of the moves the NEP made they're still +375 to win the AFC East and on a Yes/No to make the playoffs the No is -150. The Bills are -155 to win the division.

I have no idea how the Watson case will play out but could you imagine if a team mortgaged their future by giving up three first rounders six weeks ago and then the worst case scenario unfolds here in terms of suspension/criminal charges etc. ?

I have no idea how the Watson case will play out but could you imagine if a team mortgaged their future by giving up three first rounders six weeks ago and then the worst case scenario unfolds here in terms of suspension/criminal charges etc. ?

Yeah ..if you made me choose right now between it’s all true or completely made up .. I’m leaning latter...

This lawyer is a lying scum bag ..

Yeah ..if you made me choose right now between it’s all true or completely made up .. I’m leaning latter...

This lawyer is a lying scum bag ..

Yeah it's a classic he said, they said. I wouldn't want to bet a nickel on it EITHER way.

Looking over the odds for the upcoming 2021 season a couple of things surprised me.

I fully expected Philly to have the longest odds to win the NFC East. They are at +425 to win the division but the NYG are + 475.

With all of the moves the NEP made they're still +375 to win the AFC East and on a Yes/No to make the playoffs the No is -150. The Bills are -155 to win the division.
Id go for the Nfc east

Cowboys
Giants
Wft
Eagles

Unless wft finds a better qb, then Id switch them and the Giants.

Id go for the Nfc east

Cowboys
Giants
Wft
Eagles

Unless wft finds a better qb, then Id switch them and the Giants.
I'd actually favor the WFT to win the division as I think they have the far superior defense and Fitz should provide a lift at QB. I agree Philly will likely finish in last.

I'd actually favor the WFT to win the division as I think they have the far superior defense and Fitz should provide a lift at QB. I agree Philly will likely finish in last.
Don't love their offense. Not sure how much fitz has left.

Don't love their offense. Not sure how much fitz has left.
You don't think he's an upgrade from a one legged Alex Smith or Haskins?

Dallas' defense was hideous last year. The worst in the NFL. I expect it to be just bad and not hideous this year. That's not enough to win the division.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom