2021 NFL Thread | Page 39 | Syracusefan.com

2021 NFL Thread

With all of the jerks out there in the sports world it's always amazed me how so many - particularly the media - get worked into a lather over Tim Tebow.
There’s a better Tight End out there that is missing out on his opportunity because of this clown show stunt.

Just like better baseball players were missing out on the chance to move up a level or to start because of that multi year clown show stunt.

There’s a better Tight End out there that is missing out on his opportunity because of this clown show stunt.

Just like better baseball players were missing out on the chance to move up a level or to start because of that multi year clown show stunt.
That view would hold more water with me if he made the team when he didn't deserve to make the team. We're a long way from that happening.

Many times I've seen hoops players or track stars get invited to NFL camps when they were major longshots as well. Did they take a an opportunity away as well? Did MJ take away from someone else's dream? Just don't think this is anything to get too worked up about but it's Tim Tebow so haters gotta hate.

That view would hold more water with me if he made the team when he didn't deserve to make the team. We're a long way from that happening.

Many times I've seen hoops players or track stars get invited to NFL camps when they were major longshots as well. Did they take a an opportunity away as well? Just don't think this is anything to get too worked up about but it's Tim Tebow so haters gotta hate.
I don’t hate him, I just think it’s annoying and weird that he gets so many chances to do things at the highest level that he’s not good at.

I don’t hate him, I just think it’s annoying and weird that he gets so many chances to do things at the highest level that he’s not good at.
I think we're both right here. You're right that he's lucky to get this shot. Also seems like there is extra sauce added to the equation which goes back to my original comment about why people get extra torqued about anything Tebow. There are so many professionals in sports whose lives are clown show stunts but they don't elicit anywhere near the same venom as Tim Tebow.

All the talk about anticipating the bad blood matchup between Philly and the NYG and yet both games are Sunday 1 pm affairs. Surprising.

All the talk about anticipating the bad blood matchup between Philly and the NYG and yet both games are Sunday 1 pm affairs. Surprising.
Philly probably won’t be all that good this year though. Seems like they’re anticipating the Giants and Washington to be the class of the division. Parcells-Gibbs days coming back!?

Philly probably won’t be all that good this year though. Seems like they’re anticipating the Giants and Washington to be the class of the division. Parcells-Gibbs days coming back!?

lol. You might want to let Vegas in on your theory. Dallas is a heavy favorite to win the division at + 105. The Gmen are just slightly shorter odds than Philly (+450 vs +500) to win the division. Bettors not feeling your pie in the sky optimism. Having the worst record in the nfl over the last four years can have that effect.

lol. You might want to let Vegas in on your theory. Dallas is a heavy favorite to win the division at + 105. The Gmen are just slightly shorter odds than Philly (+450 vs +500) to win the division. Bettors not feeling your pie in the sky optimism. Having the worst record in the nfl over the last four years can have that effect.
Dallas’s defense is trash and Dak is coming off a serious injury.

The Giants finished 5-3 in the second half, and had a great offseason.

Philly has a QB who will put up some 1980s era stats.

Dallas’s defense is trash and Dak is coming off a serious injury.

The Giants finished 5-3 in the second half, and had a great offseason.

Philly has a QB who will put up some 1980s era stats.
I can understand the hesitation on Dallas because of the defense.

I've seen plenty of teams win the offseason but it didn't mean jack when the real season played out.

I can understand the hesitation on Dallas because of the defense.

I've seen plenty of teams win the offseason but it didn't mean jack when the real season played out.
Our defense is strong, our staff is good, our skill positions are loaded up, and our QB has shown flashes and should be ready to make the leap in year 3.

If the OL is adequate, I like our chances.

Though as bad as we’ve been for a long time, I understand the hesitancy.

Our defense is strong, our staff is good, our skill positions are loaded up, and our QB has shown flashes and should be ready to make the leap in year 3.

If the OL is adequate, I like our chances.

Though as bad as we’ve been for a long time, I understand the hesitancy.
Btw that 5-3 close to the season featured one win over a team with a .500 or better record.

Btw that 5-3 close to the season featured one win over a team with a .500 or better record.
Which means we can probably just go 6-0 against the NFC East and be good...

Should’ve beat Tampa, took the Bears and Rams to the final play. We’re coming. This is the breakout.

Should’ve beat Tampa, took the Bears and Rams to the final play. We’re coming. This is the breakout.
All the Cowboys need from their defense is to get that extra stop or two because the offense is going to be terrific. Not sold on your QB.

All the Cowboys need from their defense is to get that extra stop or two because the offense is going to be terrific. Not sold on your QB.

Saquon, Golloway, Toney, Slayton, Shep, and maybe the pro bowler Engram if he finally steps it up. Jones will have OPTIONS. He’s accurate and mobile, and can throw it downfield. This is his year.

You're starting to make Kaiser look cautious. One of these years you guys are gonna be right.

You're starting to make Kaiser look cautious. One of these years you guys are gonna be right.
11-6 this year.
Washington, 9-8.
Dallas, 8-9.
Philly, 5-12.

I think we're both right here. You're right that he's lucky to get this shot. Also seems like there is extra sauce added to the equation which goes back to my original comment about why people get extra torqued about anything Tebow. There are so many professionals in sports whose lives are clown show stunts but they don't elicit anywhere near the same venom as Tim Tebow.

I cannot believe I am going to do this but I am going to play that card.

He gets so much hate because of his fan base. All the middle aged, white people who act like the only reason he is not TB12 is because of his faith. Totally ignoring the vast majority of other players who are of the same faith and succeeding in the league at all levels.

It is all utter nonsense. If he could play QB he would be in the league. The league is littered with guys at that position who were fantastic in college and flamed out in the pros.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom