2021 NFL Thread | Page 45 | Syracusefan.com

2021 NFL Thread

People REALLY think the vaccine is bad for your health. The misinformation out there has done major damage.
“Misinformation”

To the windows, to the walls

Ahhh Bleet bleet bleet bleet bleet bleet.

“Misinformation”

To the windows, to the walls

There’s no misinformation out there?

There’s no misinformation out there?
The issue for many is that there is not enough information.
The rush to get it out, (prior to this, the quickest development of a vaccine was about 4 years, if I recall my reading) the emergency usage, bypassing the normal approval methodology, the different delivery method and the unknown long term effects (if any) of the vaccine, the fact that it is not fatal for the vast majority of people, (my oldest son and wife had it, and felt the effects for about 48 hours. A son of friends of hours had it 2 Februarys ago. For him, it was a bad cold), the politicizing of the virus and the process from the start, have some people questioning whether it is right for them to inject themselves.
If the virus is totally safe, why are the manufacturers wholly exempt from liability, and there is also no recourse through the federal mechanisms to be made whole by vaccine injuries?
The fact that injected people have gotten, and are getting , the virus , also calls into question the efficacy of it all. It may or may not help prevent the spread.
To demonize people who have made a decision about what they want to put into their body is, in my opinion, immoral.
I also think the NFL is being political with this. Why aren’t checks forfeit if games are lost to Covid, period. Why does it matter if they are vaccinated or not? What if an unvaccinated player gets it from a vaccinated player. What if there is a variant that the vaccine wouldn’t have addressed?
The NFL is a shepherd , and gets upset when the flock doesn’t go along.
The player should be ticked at the Union, not the NFL.

Private companies vs government requiring the vaccine will be interesting to see play out in the courts.

BTW - I have been vaccinated

If everyone that has posted in the last hour ever wants to post again in this thread, think long and hard about your next post, and make sure it is totally NFL-related.

Anyone discussing vaccine efficacy, their freedumbs, misinformation, or whatever, won't be happy.

The NFL did what it did. End of story.

Want to discuss all the other stuff? Take it to the OT forum. Thanks.

If everyone that has posted in the last hour ever wants to post again in this thread, think long and hard about your next post, and make sure it is totally NFL-related.

Anyone discussing vaccine efficacy, their freedumbs, misinformation, or whatever, won't be happy.

Didn’t realize that this wasn’t the OT board when I was first replying tbh...until Nate replied to me. Then I realized, lol.

My bad!

Didn’t realize that this wasn’t the OT board when I was first replying tbh...until Nate replied to me. Then I realized, lol.

My bad!
You guys got a Rick Dennison thread over there, do ya? Nice!

He sure sucks at running an offense. I could go on all day abt his neutering of the Bills O in ‘17.

My post was totally related to the foregoing posts about the NFL’s position on the vaccine and that of some of the players, right down to the players’ grief about the policy really being with the Union, which agreed to the policy.
Nuke all of the posts about the players who do and don’t want the vaccines if you don’t want a discussion, but don’t single out someone who might be sympathetic with a players right to not have his livelihood at risk because he does not want to have a vaccine.

You guys got a Rick Dennison thread over there, do ya? Nice!

He sure sucks at running an offense. I could go on all day abt his neutering of the Bills O in ‘17.

B9CB739F-3929-4FA3-B0FB-AE3AE4DA1B9C.jpeg

My post was totally related to the foregoing posts about the NFL’s position on the vaccine and that of some of the players, right down to the players’ grief about the policy really being with the Union, which agreed to the policy.
Nuke all of the posts about the players who do and don’t want the vaccines if you don’t want a discussion, but don’t single out someone who might be sympathetic with a players right to not have his livelihood at risk because he does not want to have a vaccine.
I couldn't care less if it was pro or anti player. Anything political or has the potential to go political gets warned or nuked.

Them's the rules. Take it to the OT forum.

I couldn't care less if it was pro or anti player. Anything political or has the potential to go political gets warned or nuked.

Them's the rules. Take it to the OT forum.
Nothing in my post was political, other than pointing out that from the beginning, Covid has been politicized.

Nothing in my post was political, other than pointing out that from the beginning, Covid has been politicized.
i dont care.gif

This is the NFL thread. If you want to opine on the virus in general, this is not the place to do it. Let it go.

I get player empowerment and everything, but this dude just signed a 5 year contract last year.

X. Howard for C. Jones would be a trade to explore.
Cardinals could use Howard and Dolphins could use Jones.

The issue for many is that there is not enough information.
The rush to get it out, (prior to this, the quickest development of a vaccine was about 4 years, if I recall my reading) the emergency usage, bypassing the normal approval methodology, the different delivery method and the unknown long term effects (if any) of the vaccine, the fact that it is not fatal for the vast majority of people, (my oldest son and wife had it, and felt the effects for about 48 hours. A son of friends of hours had it 2 Februarys ago. For him, it was a bad cold), the politicizing of the virus and the process from the start, have some people questioning whether it is right for them to inject themselves.
If the virus is totally safe, why are the manufacturers wholly exempt from liability, and there is also no recourse through the federal mechanisms to be made whole by vaccine injuries?
The fact that injected people have gotten, and are getting , the virus , also calls into question the efficacy of it all. It may or may not help prevent the spread.
To demonize people who have made a decision about what they want to put into their body is, in my opinion, immoral.
I also think the NFL is being political with this. Why aren’t checks forfeit if games are lost to Covid, period. Why does it matter if they are vaccinated or not? What if an unvaccinated player gets it from a vaccinated player. What if there is a variant that the vaccine wouldn’t have addressed?
The NFL is a shepherd , and gets upset when the flock doesn’t go along.
The player should be ticked at the Union, not the NFL.

Private companies vs government requiring the vaccine will be interesting to see play out in the courts.

BTW - I have been vaccinated

so If the vaccine trials were just dragged out over years then people would be less skeptical ? Because the number of people in the trials is significant . People that have “done the research “ and think the vaccines are more risky than getting Covid lack the ability to understand the data .. cause I can promise you the chances of anyone .. young or old / in shape / out of shape / having a very bad outcome from the virus is magnitudes of order more likely than a suffering major issue with the vaccine …..

I’m not demonizing those people .. I’m calling in to question their ability to understand data and math

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom