2021 NFL Thread | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

2021 NFL Thread

Seems like Green Bay would be an ideal fit.
Assuming they can get enough space under the cap to sign him, I agree. I would love for Buffalo to get involved if he's open to other contenders outside the Midwest.

Honest question as a white person I can’t answer this but isn’t this racist from Florio?

I mean it’s just so god damn disingenuous. I am properly progressive on these social issues but making everything about race is really getting annoying.

Florio doesn’t even hide it here.

Assuming they can get enough space under the cap to sign him, I agree. I would love for Buffalo to get involved if he's open to other contenders outside the Midwest.
He is from Wisconsin and wants to chase a ring.
Green Bay is the perfect fit.
He isn’t going to command a lot of money as he is probably a situational player on pass downs now.

Pittsburgh or Green Bay make the most sense.
LA Rams and Tampa maybe as well.

He is from Wisconsin and wants to chase a ring.
Green Bay is the perfect fit.
He isn’t going to command a lot of money as he is probably a situational player on pass downs now.

Pittsburgh or Green Bay make the most sense.
LA Rams and Tampa maybe as well.

I get the connection with Pittsburgh, but they're like $20 mil over the cap as is and DLine is at the very bottom of their team needs. Maybe they do it just to make TJ happy but it would be a poor use of their very limited resources at this point.

Green Bay is in the same cap situation, but they could use an upgrade to their line much more than Pittsburgh so I could see them trying to move money around to make it work and I believe they're probably JJ's #1 choice or close to it.

Tampa's insiders are saying they likely won't be interested in him due to all the other free agents they need to re-sign but he'd fit their scheme well and until they re-sign their own guys, they do technically have the space for him.

I can't imagine LA is in a good cap situation, it probably isn't a need for them, and I think he'd likely prefer to be near the Midwest if possible.

I would guess Green Bay, Buffalo, Tampa, or Indy.

Honest question as a white person I can’t answer this but isn’t this racist from Florio?

I mean it’s just so god damn disingenuous. I am properly progressive on these social issues but making everything about race is really getting annoying.

I'm a white person too but I didn't think he was implying that that was due to race. I thought he was just pointing out how differently they're handling the two situations.

Stupid point regardless though; Houston wants to build around Watson. Watt's time as the franchise centerpiece to build around has come and gone.

Houston saved 17 million by releasing Watt. It’s crazy how just in a couple years the Texans went from having one of the best rosters in the league to one of the worst. They basically did the opposite of everything they should have done.

Beyond absurd. Watson is a 25 year old franchise QB. Watt is an interior lineman who's been in the league for ten years with a ton of wear and tear on.his body.

Nothing warms the heart like when awful people fail upwards.

Yeah interesting decision by Urban. Doyle sent out a tweet after the allegations broke at Iowa, but before he was let go. I realize we're not dealing with Mensa candidates for the most part, but he really could not have been more tone deaf to the situation if he had tried. I'm guessing his attitude has not changed that he did nothing wrong.

Houston saved 17 million by releasing Watt. It’s crazy how just in a couple years the Texans went from having one of the best rosters in the league to one of the worst. They basically did the opposite of everything they should have done.
Houston Texans fans should be able to do the equivalent of the 25th amendment on Cal McNair.

How the NFL lets McNair destroy the organization for a terrible Christian stand up comedian is disgraceful to the fans of the team.

How can PSL users be forced to pay when McNair is destroying the organization for a snake.

Yeah interesting decision by Urban. Doyle sent out a tweet after the allegations broke at Iowa, but before he was let go. I realize we're not dealing with Mensa candidates for the most part, but he really could not have been more tone deaf to the situation if he had tried. I'm guessing his attitude has not changed that he did nothing wrong.
I think it would be great if some of the Jags players gave him a pep talk on day one that they're professionals and not college kids and won't tolerate his BS for one second.

I think it would be great if some of the Jags players gave him a pep talk on day one that they're professionals and not college kids and won't tolerate his BS for one second.
Kind of like Zach Thomas and Jason Taylor did with Saban.

I wouldn't be shocked if they do. I definitely don't think pros will put up with some of the alleged acts as long as the college kids did

Kind of like Zach Thomas and Jason Taylor did with Saban.
Looks like there are two former Iowa players (both African-American) on the Jaguar roster. That will be a very interesting dynamic if those guys experienced racism from him.

Looks like there are two former Iowa players (both African-American) on the Jaguar roster. That will be a very interesting dynamic if those guys experienced racism from him.
I didn't even realize this was the racist coach. This is even worse how Meyer hire a racist with all the social injustice movements is a disgrace.

With all his high-profile charity work after natural disasters and super-hero type personality Watt might be the most popular athlete in the history of the city of Houston. I feel like people there will be devastated to lose him.

Raiders are the betting favorite at +300, Dallas at +600.

I'm not a huge Russ fan, I wouldn't give up too much if I were LV and I don't think I would do it if I'm Dallas. I'd rather have Dak.
I'm a Cowboys fan. I always have confidence that Russell Wilson will win in the last 2 minutes: not so much with Dak.

Watt would be a terrific fit in Buffalo but I can't blame him if he wants to play with his bro or play in his native state for a contender. DE market is looking better so Bills will do alright

I have no idea what point he was trying to make. It’s obvious the situations are completely different.

Tweets like these are just dumb because it serves as red meat for the Clay Travis’s of the world and their audience to disingenuously use as a shield in saying everything is “too woke” and all the issues around racism are exaggerated or not real.

I have no idea what point he was trying to make. It’s obvious the situations are completely different.

Tweets like these are just dumb because it serves as red meat for the Clay Travis’s of the world and their audience to disingenuously use as a shield in saying everything is “too woke” and all the issues around racism are exaggerated or not real.
I mean I get pissed at the minority coaches getting HC jobs chit. That is the stuff that needs to change.

A close to washed up JJ Watt getting released now instead of traded isn’t because he is white.

Everyone knows Watson is getting traded eventually why Florio says it the way he does only pisses people off.
No way is it because Watson is black he isn’t traded yet.

I mean I get pissed at the minority coaches getting HC jobs chit. That is the stuff that needs to change.

A close to washed up JJ Watt getting released now instead of traded isn’t because he is white.

Everyone knows Watson is getting traded eventually why Florio says it the way he does only pisses people off.
No way is it because Watson is black he isn’t traded yet.
I don't think everyone knows this at all tbh. Seems like most of the media does not expect Watson to be traded.

I don't think everyone knows this at all tbh. Seems like most of the media does not expect Watson to be traded.
exactly.

why should they, Houston has said they have no desire to trade him.

and he, needs to learn that he cannot call the shots...even if management is inept.

because also being inept, would be to allow the players to pick the coaching and management staff.

Watson will sit out if they don’t trade him.
Only way he stays is if Easterby is fired before the season.

Imagine finding a hardcore Houston sports fan a year or two ago and telling them: "hey in 2021 James Harden, Chris Paul, Russell Westbrook, George Springer, JJ Watt, Deshaun Watson and Deandre Hopkins... yeah they're all gone."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom