2021 NFL Thread | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

2021 NFL Thread

I think the Eagles are going to stink next season so this has to be Howie Roseman’s last stand.

Fitzpatrick has another team that could use him as a bridge starter as well.

Marcus Mariota is on the market PFF had an article saying NE should give up a 3rd round pick for him. I said 2nd round thinking the market was jacked up but Wentz trade corrected the market.

I'm curious about the Steelers now too. The GM was very elusive the other day about Ben being back next year. He said something along the lines of "As of now, he is a member of the team." I wonder if the Steelers will ask him to retire.

I think the Eagles are going to stink next season so this has to be Howie Roseman’s last stand.
Next year’s QB draft has two prospects seen as first round talent Solvis-USC and Howell-UNC this tells me the Eagles are getting a QB.

Panthers want a QB.

Jags are getting Lawrence.

Teams like the Falcons, Eagles, Panthers as well.

Watson is probably a Panther, Jet or Dolphin as well.

If the Colts manage to sign Allen Robinson now I'd be pretty afraid of that team. Wentz was pretty excellent in 2019 when the Eagles were healthy. Over 4000 yds with 27 tds and only 7 picks. That's a pretty high level player when he had decent pieces around him. He cratered like most guys would last year with all backups at OL/WR. Colts have a loaded line, great young RB. If they add an elite WR to Pittman that's a really good offense. Already have a top 5-8 defense as well.

I'm curious about the Steelers now too. The GM was very elusive the other day about Ben being back next year. He said something along the lines of "As of now, he is a member of the team." I wonder if the Steelers will ask him to retire.
Steelers are over the cap 15 million.

Cutting or retiring Ben would save them 17.5 million.

So you will get under that way but can’t afford Juju or Bud Dupree without the Ben reconstruct saving a lot more.

If the Colts manage to sign Allen Robinson now I'd be pretty afraid of that team. Wentz was pretty excellent in 2019 when the Eagles were healthy. Over 4000 yds with 27 tds and only 7 picks. That's a pretty high level player when he had decent pieces around him. He cratered like most guys would last year with all backups at OL/WR. Colts have a loaded line, great young RB. If they add an elite WR to Pittman that's a really good offense. Already have a top 5-8 defense as well.
Robinson and Godwin are projected to be franchised.

I would watch a pair of Titans day one of free agency.
Jonnu Smith and Corey Davis both will get huge contracts day one.
I wouldn’t be surprised if the Colts were the team.

Robinson and Godwin are projected to be franchised.

I would watch a pair of Titans day one of free agency.
Jonnu Smith and Corey Davis both will get huge contracts day one.
I wouldn’t be surprised if the Colts were the team.
Haven't seen nearly as much about Robinson. Godwin is a no doubter and Golladay is likely though may be a sign & trade possibility if they go full tear down.

The chances any of these QB’s are on any of the teams that draft them in 5 years is about 5%. There’s no QB’s drafted from 2009-2016 still with the teams that drafted them and teams have zero clue how to manage young QB’s. They are willing to give up way too early now IMO. I can’t believe after 100 years that teams still can’t figure out how to scout and get these guys to succeed.

I am just thankful he isn’t going to NE.
Reich is probably the best guy to try and save this guy’s career.

That conditional pick is key to this trade. If he is good Indy won’t care about losing a pick in the 20’s.

Also this puts Philly in the market for a QB at 6 now.

The Rams-Lions trade was a 3rd this year and first next year.
The second first round pick was for taking Goff’s contract back.

I'm sure Philly would like to draft a QB with that #6 pick cuz I know they're not sold on Hurts. But I'd bet three QBs will be taken by that point so it's unlikely they get the guy they would want. I hope they don't draft Justin Fields. Just don't feel he is worth being taken that high. I'd love Zach Wilson but he's long gone by that pick.

I'm sure Philly would like to draft a QB with that #6 pick cuz I know they're not sold on Hurts. But I'd bet three QBs will be taken by that point so it's unlikely they get the guy they would want. I hope they don't draft Justin Fields. Just don't feel he is worth being taken that high. I'd love Zach Wilson but he's long gone by that pick.

If I was Philly I‘d bring in a veteran like Mariota. I’m not sold he isn’t a good player. I think Tennessee did him few favors.

Good points. Wentz goes from a horrible OL to a team with a way above average OL with much better weapons at the skill positions. They also can and will run the ball instead of throwing 35-45 times a game. That will take the pressure off and not to mention Indy has a much better defense too.

The chances any of these QB’s are on any of the teams that draft them in 5 years is about 5%. There’s no QB’s drafted from 2009-2016 still with the teams that drafted them and teams have zero clue how to manage young QB’s. They are willing to give up way too early now IMO. I can’t believe after 100 years that teams still can’t figure out how to scout and get these guys to succeed.
The stat is no 1st rd QBs. Dak and Carr still are with their teams. If you look at those drafts, there really isn't many good QBs period. Luck, Stafford and maybe Cam were actual franchise guys in that entire time period and all went #1.

Steelers are over the cap 15 million.

Cutting or retiring Ben would save them 17.5 million.

So you will get under that way but can’t afford Juju or Bud Dupree without the Ben reconstruct saving a lot more.
I have, unfortunately, thought for a while we have seen JuJu's last day as a Steeler. Dupree is a difference maker too. They are in a tough situation this year.

The stat is no 1st rd QBs. Dak and Carr still are with their teams. If you look at those drafts, there really isn't many good QBs period. Luck, Stafford and maybe Cam were actual franchise guys in that entire time period and all went #1.

That wasn’t the thinking then.

That wasn’t the thinking then.
Debatable. I'd think the only ones people thought were no brainers were Jameis, Mariota, RG3 and Bradford in that time period. Rest of the guys all had fairly significant question marks, even guys that went top 5 like Goff, Wentz, Bortles.

Debatable. I'd think the only ones people thought were no brainers were Jameis, Mariota, RG3 and Bradford in that time period. Rest of the guys all had fairly significant question marks, even guys that went top 5 like Goff, Wentz, Bortles.

Do you really think scouts and coaches have a good handle on identifying, drafting, developing and building an offense around QB's? I think most are average to poor at it. Not everyone is Andy Reid.

Do you really think scouts and coaches have a good handle on identifying, drafting, developing and building an offense around QB's? I think most are average to poor at it. Not everyone is Andy Reid.
Absolutely not. They are almost all coin flips except for about 2 or 3 per decade.

Good points. Wentz goes from a horrible OL to a team with a way above average OL with much better weapons at the skill positions. They also can and will run the ball instead of throwing 35-45 times a game. That will take the pressure off and not to mention Indy has a much better defense too.

You forgot to add that he leaves the meat grinder that is the NFC East for the pillow fight in the AFC South.

;)

Farewell, Carsy-cakes. I wish you much success to add anguish to Iggs fans in 2021.

(At least the Birds have the possibility of firing Howie; can't say the same in Big D)

Jameis is a “no-brainer” alright

You forgot to add that he leaves the meat grinder that is the NFC East for the pillow fight in the AFC South.

;)

Farewell, Carsy-cakes. I wish you much success to add anguish to Iggs fans in 2021.

(At least the Birds have the possibility of firing Howie; can't say the same in Big D)
Crazy thing is that there are similarities between Lurie and Jones. Neither one wants to hire a football guy to run the show. They both want to meddle.

Crazy thing is that there are similarities between Lurie and Jones. Neither one wants to hire a football guy to run the show. They both want to meddle.

Yep, Lurie (or maybe it's due to Howie's cap focus) seemingly meddles to cheap out on talent while Jerry meddles to overpay players and strangle his cap position.

The upside is I can now root for Wentz without feeling dirty about it. :)

I like the kid and hope he bounces back.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom