2021 NFL Thread | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

2021 NFL Thread

So dumb if they do a MNF playoff game.
This year’ format was perfect.
Triple headers.
Stop breaking what works.

We all knew the 17th game.

Giants will have a huge crowd in Miami.
Pats fans always make up a solid part of the crowd because of snow birds and it’s best annual road trip.

I expect giants fans will do the same.
went 2x in the 90s, both were in early Dec.

made for nice 3 day weekends.

2 victories too.

Simms and Dave Brown for the 2nd if you can believe it.

id say it was 60% Giants fans.

Giants didnt play there again for 20 years.

played '@miami' in 07 in London.

ESPN is reporting that Dak and the Cowboys agreed to terms on a new contract

As expected. Now we wait to see if they're able to bring back David and Shaq as well.
Barrett will get paid he is gone.
He has 2 rings he isn’t taking a discount now. He will want to get the payday now.

New England’s number 1 target for FA is Levonte David and they have 58 million in cap space.
Tampa can’t keep all 3.

Barrett will get paid he is gone.
He has 2 rings he isn’t taking a discount now. He will want to get the payday now.

New England’s number 1 target for FA is Levonte David and they have 58 million in cap space.
Tampa can’t keep all 3.

They can keep all 3 if they're willing to spend the money. They have the space/cap flexibility to do it. It's really just a question of how valuable they think those players are and how willing they are to push guaranteed money into future years.

I'd be shocked if they aren't able to keep at least one of David/Shaq, if not both.

Dak has beaten the Giants 7 straight times not sure what you are celebrating..
the past does not win games in the future.

i know what ive been seeing.

this is good.

the past does not win games in the future.

i know what ive been seeing.

this is good.
40 million for him is just too much. That means they won't have money to spend in other areas that they need help in. I don't agree with kaiser that he sucks. but I wouldn't say he is very good either. Dallas can have him.

40 million for him is just too much. That means they won't have money to spend in other areas that they need help in. I don't agree with kaiser that he sucks. but I wouldn't say he is very good either. Dallas can have him.

On the record I would have let him walk for that money and let someone else overpay him. The oline has not been good for a couple years now especially at Tackle. His numbers against non NFC East teams aren't great. He has though dominated the NFC East in general. Dalton wasn't good enough to warrant making the starter. They don't have the capital to really make a move up in the draft.

It's either he wins a lot or he flounders. We shall see what happens.

He is definitely very good. At worst a fringe top 10 QB, but to me he's solidly in the top 10.

It is a lot of money but it sounds like the cap hit won't be THAT high. Sounds like it's roughly $22 mil this year, $33 mil the next, and then it starts to climb, but by then, they'll have more flexibility to play with anyways (and will likely be able to restructure his deal to lessen the cap burden if needed).

Dak's contract is good for both Dak and the team as long as he stays healthy. The issue is some of the other contracts they've handed out in recent years (Zeke and Jaylon for example), but Dallas should honestly be fine.

He is definitely very good. At worst a fringe top 10 QB, but to me he's solidly in the top 10.

It is a lot of money but it sounds like the cap hit won't be THAT high. Sounds like it's roughly $22 mil this year, $33 mil the next, and then it starts to climb, but by then, they'll have more flexibility to play with anyways (and will likely be able to restructure his deal to lessen the cap burden if needed).

Dak's contract is good for both Dak and the team as long as he stays healthy. The issue is some of the other contracts they've handed out in recent years (Zeke and Jaylon for example), but Dallas should honestly be fine.
You and I couldn't really disagree more on this one. I have 8 qb's solidly in front of him. These are guys that there is no doubt in my mind that I would rather have. I think you may disagree with one but that is why Baskin Robbins has so many different flavors of ice cream.
The 8 are Josh Allen, Lamar Jackson, Deshaun Watson, Pat Mahomes, Justin Herbert, Aaron Rodgers, Tom Brady and Russell Wilson,
The 10 that he is in a league with are Joe Burrow, Baker Mayfield, Ben Roethisberger, Ryan Tannehill, Derek Carr, Kirk Cousins, Matt Ryan Kyler Murray, Matthew Stafford and Jimmy Garoppolo. A guy in that mix shouldn't get 40 million a year. Especially when he has been given every advantage. he has been a starter behind a great o-line with a great back and some great wide outs. I look forward to your response and i assume, your disagreements.

You and I couldn't really disagree more on this one. I have 8 qb's solidly in front of him. These are guys that there is no doubt in my mind that I would rather have. I think you may disagree with one but that is why Baskin Robbins has so many different flavors of ice cream.
The 8 are Josh Allen, Lamar Jackson, Deshaun Watson, Pat Mahomes, Justin Herbert, Aaron Rodgers, Tom Brady and Russell Wilson.
I have 10 others that I think may or may not be better. Joe Burrow, Baker Mayfield, Ben Roethisberger, Ryan Tannehill, Derek Carr, Kirk Cousins, Matt Ryan, Kyler Murray, Matthew Stafford and Jimmy Garoppolo. We can debate those but that is sort of my point. the guy in that mix shouldn't get 40 million a year. I look forward to your response.
I don't think any of the "others" are debatable with Dak right now (though I think Kyler and Burrow in particular are capable of becoming that level of QB). I'd put Herbert below Dak for now but no doubt he had an amazing rookie season.

For me, Mahomes, Rodgers, and Wilson are hands-down better. Assuming Dak continues to play at his usual level, I think he's up there with Allen, Lamar, Watson, and Brady, at least for now. Obviously Allen was incredible this season and may ultimately prove that this past year was no fluke. If that's the case, he's on the same level as my top 3.

So for me, it's basically:

Tier 1: Mahomes
Tier 2: Rodgers/Wilson
Tier 2.5: Allen
Tier 3: Brady/Lamar/Watson/Dak in some order.

At worst, Dak is #8 IMO, though I'd probably argue for him as #6.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom