2021 NFL Thread | Page 27 | Syracusefan.com

2021 NFL Thread

You don't think he's an upgrade from a one legged Alex Smith or Haskins?

Dallas' defense was hideous last year. The worst in the NFL. I expect it to be just bad and not hideous this year. That's not enough to win the division.
He's an upgrade but he's going to be 39 this fall. Wft doesn't have much talent at the skill positions. The Dallas defense can't be as bad. Dan quinn is a huge upgrade over Nolan. Dak played 4.5 games last year and had as many tds as Danny times did all year. The offense has a chance to be top 3 in the league.

He's an upgrade but he's going to be 39 this fall. Wft doesn't have much talent at the skill positions. The Dallas defense can't be as bad. Dan quinn is a huge upgrade over Nolan. Dak played 4.5 games last year and had as many tds as Danny times did all year. The offense has a chance to be top 3 in the league.
Antonio Gibson
Terry McLaurin
Curtis Samuel
Logan Thomas.

Washington has weapons and a great defense.

Plus they got the best coach in the division.

Antonio Gibson
Terry McLaurin
Curtis Samuel
Logan Thomas.

Washington has weapons and a great defense.

Plus they got the best coach in the division.
Cowboys have Dak Zeke Pollard Lamb Cooper Gallup and Jarwin. If the oline stays healthy they have the best offense in the Nfc. All they need is for the defense to get a little better and get that extra stop or two. I think Dan Quinn will help.

Cowboys have Dak Zeke Pollard Lamb Cooper Gallup and Jarwin. If the oline stays healthy they have the best offense in the Nfc. All they need is for the defense to get a little better and get that extra stop or two. I think Dan Quinn will help.
The Football team has a way better defensive core and better coaching staff.

The Football team has a way better defensive core and better coaching staff.
They have an excellent front 7 their secondary is suspect. When healthy the Cowboys offense is the best unit of any Nfc east team. I would probably agree that Rivera is the best coach. I was not a McCarthy fan last year but he does have a Sb.

Unfortunately in order to be the best offense in the NFC you have to have a very good OL. The two go hand in hand. It's not clear to me that Dallas has a very good OL. If they do then I could see your point.

Unfortunately in order to be the best offense in the NFC you have to have a very good OL. The two go hand in hand. It's not clear to me that Dallas has a very good OL. If they do then I could see your point.
They still have Martin. They didn't have Smith or Collins most of last year. I think the center they drafted from Wisc is going to be good. They need to draft another ol this year for depth.

Don't love their offense. Not sure how much fitz has left.

He’s an excellent reliever ... they should give the other dude first shot and then bring in Fitz if it goes bad... but they aren’t going to do that based on relative monetary distribution between the two

Looking over the odds for the upcoming 2021 season a couple of things surprised me.

I fully expected Philly to have the longest odds to win the NFC East. They are at +425 to win the division but the NYG are + 475.

With all of the moves the NEP made they're still +375 to win the AFC East and on a Yes/No to make the playoffs the No is -150. The Bills are -155 to win the division.
So the Giants will make me a rich man this year if I bet on the inevitable? Our defense is primed. Barkley is back. Golladay. Loaded.

So the Giants will make me a rich man this year if I bet on the inevitable? Our defense is primed. Barkley is back. Golladay. Loaded.
I know you're convinced. Now you just need to convince the betting public. They seem to hail from Missouri. They look back at the last four years and see the worst record in the NFL over that period. I am surprised they're at +475 to win the division. That is an attractive #.

I know you're convinced. Now you just need to convince the betting public. They seem to hail from Missouri. They look back at the last four years and see the worst record in the NFL over that period. I am surprised they're at +475 to win the division. That is an attractive #.
it really is.

get it now before the draft and everyone sees what the lineup will be.

it really is.

get it now before the draft and everyone sees what the lineup will be.
Is Gettleman still conducting the draft? Let me wait to see if he drafts a RB with that first rounder. :)

So San Fran really overpaid to go from 12 to 3.

Now that Carolina got Darnold.
They could have likely gone from 12 to 6-9 range and not given up the farm.

Picks 1-3 QBs

4. Atlanta could do anything
5. Cincinnati- OL or WR
6. Miami OL or WR or LB
7. Detroit Anything
8. Carolina anything
9. Denver anything
10. Dallas defense

Are 5 QBs going top 10?

I want Parsons so that would help if it did.

Good for the Jets and good for Darnold since Carolina obviously has plans for him given the picks they are giving up. It would have been toxic to keep Darnold and Zach Wilson. I keep liking Joe Douglass more and more.

Picks 1-3 QBs

5. Cincinnati- OL or WR
6. Miami OL or WR or LB
7. Detroit Anything
8. Carolina anything
9. Denver anything
10. Dallas defense

Are 5 QBs going top 10?

Panthers now get to hang out at 8 and likely have a choice of 1 of Sewell/Smith/Waddle or whoever their top rated Def player is.

Picks 1-3 QBs

5. Cincinnati- OL or WR
6. Miami OL or WR or LB
7. Detroit Anything
8. Carolina anything
9. Denver anything
10. Dallas defense

Are 5 QBs going top 10?

I tend to think a QB goes #4 as well, but you're right that Atlanta could theoretically go in any direction there.

I would tend to think:

1-3: Lawrence, Wilson, Lance/Fields
4-7: Lance/Fields, Sewell, Pitts, Chase in some order

And then it really opens up.

I tend to think a QB goes #4 as well, but you're right that Atlanta could theoretically go in any direction there.

I would tend to think:

1-3: Lawrence, Wilson, Lance/Fields
4-7: Lance/Fields, Sewell, Pitts, Chase in some order

And then it really opens up.
Everyone is saying San Fran wants Mac or Lance at 3.

Shanahan and Lynch went to Mac Jones pro day over Justin Fields the same day.

I don’t know who will trade up to 4.

This Carolina deal kinda killed Atlanta’s leverage.

Unless Denver or Detroit want the 4th QB I don’t see a suitor.

Pitts to Atlanta at 4 is the strong assumption.

Yeah it's a classic he said, they said. I wouldn't want to bet a nickel on it EITHER way.
Then there is the 18 other shes who say he is a perfect gentleman when getting messages, and they put their names to their affidavits.

Then there is the 18 other shes who say he is a perfect gentleman when getting messages, and they put their names to their affidavits.
Like I said, who knows? Innocent until proven guilty. Dude does have a hankering for massages. How many massage therapists did he employ?

Everyone is saying San Fran wants Mac or Lance at 3.

Shanahan and Lynch went to Mac Jones pro day over Justin Fields the same day.

I don’t know who will trade up to 4.

This Carolina deal kinda killed Atlanta’s leverage.

Unless Denver or Detroit want the 4th QB I don’t see a suitor.

Pitts to Atlanta at 4 is the strong assumption.

I know there's a lot of Mac Jones buzz, but I just don't buy it. I can definitely see Lance being the one Shanahan wants and I think Fields would make more sense than Mac as well. I wouldn't blame Atlanta at all for taking Pitts; he's an incredible prospect. We'll see though. They're good enough that they shouldn't be picking this high again and they're going to have a very good QB prospect sitting there for them; there will be a lot of pressure to take a QB unless someone else wants to trade up to take one themselves.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom