2021 NFL Thread | Page 29 | Syracusefan.com

2021 NFL Thread

He failed a physical.
He got paid the money he would have made by failing the physical.
He won’t be in Tampa.
They won’t pay the money he got for failing his physical and the Bucs have Scotty Miller.

He wouldn’t do the video if he wasn’t done this year. Book facts.
Scotty isn’t even a slot receiver lol. You’re right though that he’s pretty good and Tampa has no need for Edelman at this point unless he just wanted to be depth in case of injury.

He failed a physical.
He got paid the money he would have made by failing the physical.
He won’t be in Tampa.
They won’t pay the money he got for failing his physical and the Bucs have Scotty Miller.

He wouldn’t do the video if he wasn’t done this year. Book facts.
if the bucs are 5-4 in mid Nov and Tommy makes a call...

Edelman - as much as I hate the little bastard - left it all on the field. Unsurprising that his body can’t hold up after all he put it through.

Plus PED’s weren’t an option anymore after he got caught.

if the bucs are 5-4 in mid Nov and Tommy makes a call...
He is broken.
Edelman is 35. He is old. Gronkowski was only 29 when he retired and it’s because he had a pre-existing back injury from college.

He is broken.
Edelman is 35. He is old. Gronkowski was only 29 when he retired and it’s because he had a pre-existing back injury from college.
i get it, Gronk also took a year off to re-charge.

i think hes done too.

pretty sure the pats could still block it or have to trade him too.

UPitt players assaulting people!? Nooo

NFL Draft is this week. It has been pretty quiet. Maybe talks will heat up over the next few days...

1 JAX - QB Lawrence
2 NYJ - QB Wilson
3 SF - QB Mac Jones?
4 ATL - QB or Pitts or trade? #4 is where the draft begins.

NFL Draft is this week. It has been pretty quiet. Maybe talks will heat up over the next few days...

1 JAX - QB Lawrence
2 NYJ - QB Wilson
3 SF - QB Mac Jones?
I agree on 1 and 2. I think SF will take Fields and ATL or somebody else will take another QB at 4. Maybe Lance.

1 JAX - QB Lawrence
2 NYJ - QB Wilson
3 SF - QB Mac Jones?
NFL draft is NEXT week.

the more QBs that go, the better it is for the GIANTS.

The QBs coming out next year - at least on paper anyway - look abysmal. Much better class this year so I think a few teams will look to be aggressive in moving up to try to get one. I'd have to believe NE is going to try mightily to move up.

The QBs coming out next year - at least on paper anyway - look abysmal. Much better class this year so I think a few teams will look to be aggressive in moving up to try to get one. I'd have to believe NE is going to try mightily to move up.
Agreed. The more QBs that go early the better for the Birds. But it all comes down to a Howie pick anyway...

If NE doesn’t end up with a new QB Aaron Rodgers will end up in NE or Las Vegas after next year.
Green Bay didn’t restructure his contract this offseason because they don’t want any dead money if they move on from him which appears likely to happen soon.

Plus the USC and UNC QBs look like first round picks next year.

NE isn’t going to trade to above 7 at most which would likely cost just one additional future first.
Belichick isn’t going to overpay to trade up to 4.
Atlanta needs a team like Washington, Chicago or Denver want to move up to 4.

If NE doesn’t end up with a new QB Aaron Rodgers will end up in NE or Las Vegas after next year.
Green Bay didn’t restructure his contract this offseason because they don’t want any dead money if they move on from him which appears likely to happen soon.

Plus the USC and UNC QBs look like first round picks next year.

NE isn’t going to trade to above 7 at most which would likely cost just one additional future first.
Belichick isn’t going to overpay to trade up to 4.
Atlanta needs a team like Washington, Chicago or Denver want to move up to 4.
A lot more QB depth this year. The only way to get the top one or two QBs next year is to finish pretty much dead last. And neither one of those guys look anywhere near as good as Lawrence, Wilson or Fields.

I would expect there would be a lot of competition for ARod besides those two teams. I would also think that since NE spent a lot of money this offseason that maybe that handcuffs them next year.

You guys looking to draft a RB again? :)
i know you would like them too, since it would be redundant and a wasted pick instead of whomever they draft as the Giants continue to get better.

Giants shouldve drafted Darnold.

wait...

its not like that have Wentz on the roster to save the day.

wait...

i know you would like them too, since it would be redundant and a wasted pick instead of whomever they draft as the Giants continue to get better.

Giants shouldve drafted Darnold.

wait...

its not like that have Wentz on the roster to save the day.

wait...
I think it would be kind to say that the jury is still out on Danny Dimes.

It wouldn't shock me in the least to see Darnold and/or Wentz have a revival with their new squads.

A lot more QB depth this year. The only way to get the top one or two QBs next year is to finish pretty much dead last. And neither one of those guys look anywhere near as good as Lawrence, Wilson or Fields.

I would expect there would be a lot of competition for ARod besides those two teams. I would also think that since NE spent a lot of money this offseason that maybe that handcuffs them next year.
Wilson was a nobody hoping to keep his starting job at BYU last year at this time. Burrow was a 5th rd guy. Kyler was a future baseball player with 0 career starts. Baker was an undersized 3rd or 4th rd type guy. None of those guys were well thought of the year prior to going 1 or 2 overall the last 4 years. Its normal now for guys to just blow up. Someone will do it next year and combine with Howell, Slovis, maybe Rattler or Daniels to have a normal QB class up top.

I think it would be kind to say that the jury is still out on Danny Dimes.

It wouldn't shock me in the least to see Darnold and/or Wentz have a revival with their new squads.
this is most certainly a big year for Jones.

we are going to need to see 9 or 10 wins and compete all year for a playoff spot or he will see a vet in camp next year and maybe even a draft pick and hes Darnold'ed.

no bad starts and a big run to get back in it.

start strong and surf the season.

Wilson was a nobody hoping to keep his starting job at BYU last year at this time. Burrow was a 5th rd guy. Kyler was a future baseball player with 0 career starts. Baker was an undersized 3rd or 4th rd type guy. None of those guys were well thought of the year prior to going 1 or 2 overall the last 4 years. Its normal now for guys to just blow up. Someone will do it next year and combine with Howell, Slovis, maybe Rattler or Daniels to have a normal QB class up top.
Fair points. It's a crapshoot every year but proof is in the pudding this year that it's quite possible the first four guys taken will be QBs. That's unusual.

I was aware of Wilson just cuz I bet on a ton of college football. He had the same mobility and rocket arm last year but he just put it all together and the weapons around him, particularly the O-line was much better this year. There was never much doubt about him keeping his job as long as he stayed healthy. He has a tendency to put his body in harms way more than he should.

Btw futher to discussions you and I had a month ago - have u caught any of these articles recently (Athletic and a few others) published that have detailed the dysfunction in the Eagles' front office/ ownership. Much worse than even the most negative Eagles fan could have imagined.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom