2021 NFL Thread | Page 34 | Syracusefan.com

2021 NFL Thread

Indeed.

He was as talented as he was brittle.
I've put a fair amount of money down on Patrick Surtain going by the 10th pick or earlier. My theory is that Dallas won't pass on him if he's there at 10. What do u think?

I've put a fair amount of money down on Patrick Surtain going by the 10th pick or earlier. My theory is that Dallas won't pass on him if he's there at 10. What do u think?
That would make me very happy. I either get my guy or you lose money. Jk

Safest pick for the Jones clan to make so it’s got about 25% chance of happening.

Just kidding, only way they don’t pick Surtain at 10 is if Jerry trades up for Pitts.

Either way I think your bet is safe that Surtain II won’t be around after 10 - whether it’s Dallas or somebody else.

Last edited:
Safest pick for the Jones clan to make so it’s got about 25% of happening.

Just kidding, only way they don’t pick Surtain at 10 is if Jerry trades up for Pitts.

Either way I think your bet is safe that Surtain II won’t be around after 10 - whether it’s Dallas or somebody else.
Seems to me the only two other potential defensive players they could take at 10 would be Jaycee Horn or Micah Parsons. Like u say, Surtain seems the safest pick. I def think Philly would take him if he falls to 12.

Seems to me the only two other potential defensive players they could take at 10 would be Jaycee Horn or Micah Parsons. Like u say, Surtain seems the safest pick. I def think Philly would take him if he falls to 12.
I would wager Dallas goes BPA (OL?) before they reach on D.

Not saying either of those guys, particularly Parsons, would be a big reach at 10.

Just that Jerry prefers to reach on offensive talent. Which is why the defense has been shite for so long.

I hope Surtain goes 9th and that Pitts falls to 10 so your head can explode. jk
Pitts is probably the best non-qb on the board. As a Cowboys’ fan, I could live with that pick.

Pitts is probably the best non-qb on the board. As a Cowboys’ fan, I could live with that pick.
Understood but Briancuse would be agitated if it plays out that way. I would take a small measure of enjoyment in that. I'd also be pleased to see them not address their obvious needs on defense.

Which of these guys is most like Brady?
SF trading all the way up to three to take Mac Jones seems insane to me. Immobile, average arm, started one year in college surrounded by NFL talent. What could go wrong? Even more damning is that I highly doubt he goes in the top ten if SF doesn't draft him.

Dallas 3rd place in the NFC East regardless of who they pick. Philly in 4th.

Can’t wait!

Looks like the Giants will pick up a 3rd to move back 2 spots.

Kaiser wanted a 2nd to go back 4 spots.
Never was happening.
for a QB.

and if i recall, it was not for 13, but for something in the 20s.

context is everything.

i also used the draft chart.

I am leaning towards Micah Parsons as the pick. Lee retired, LVE too hurt to finish a season, Jaylon an absolute joke of a LB at this point and Joe Thomas gone via FA ... LB is such a bigger hole on the team than CB.

I am leaning towards Micah Parsons as the pick. Lee retired, LVE too hurt to finish a season, Jaylon an absolute joke of a LB at this point and Joe Thomas gone via FA ... LB is such a bigger hole on the team than CB.
Will be interesting.

I think Horn is the best CB in this draft.
I am hoping for one of Horn or Parsons on the clock at 15.

I was able to find a very inexpensive hedge in case Dallas drafts Parsons. There is a prop where you can bet which position Dallas takes with its first pick. DB is -240 while LB is +1000. Obviously the market thinks Dallas drafting a LB is highly unlikely, notwithstanding the need you cited, so I'm covered if it happens.

I think Horn is the best CB in this draft.
I am hoping for one of Horn or Parsons on the clock at 15.
Unless Surtain falls to 12, Horn should get taken by the Eagles. They have no DB opposite Slay. Of course I'm using logic, they'll prolly draft another WR.

I want Parsons at #9, good chance that happens.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom