2021 NFL Thread | Page 40 | Syracusefan.com

2021 NFL Thread

Bravo, KC. Wrecked Danny Fumbles.

Edit - more like Danny Stumbles...amirite!

(look at his shoelaces)

Phins schedule is bs.

Hope we get a tough win vs NE week 1 to prepare us for the wagon circlers

I cannot believe I am going to do this but I am going to play that card.

He gets so much hate because of his fan base. All the middle aged, white people who act like the only reason he is not TB12 is because of his faith. Totally ignoring the vast majority of other players who are of the same faith and succeeding in the league at all levels.

It is all utter nonsense. If he could play QB he would be in the league. The league is littered with guys at that position who were fantastic in college and flamed out in the pros.
Yeah I really am not aware of his fan base as being any kind of a thing. I guess I missed that. He's popular among Gator fans for obvious reasons.

I am far more aware of the haters who hate him BECAUSE of his religious beliefs. They are numerous and vocal and many of them are in the media.

I think we all know he's not an NFL QB.

Yeah I really am not aware of his fan base as being any kind of a thing. I guess I missed that. He's popular among Gator fans for obvious reasons.

I am far more aware of the haters who hate him BECAUSE of his religious beliefs. They are numerous and vocal and many of them are in the media.

I think we all know he's not an NFL QB.

Did people hate Reggie White for his religious beliefs? Dude was a pastor. Even fans of opposing teams in the NFC east loved the guy.

In the current NFL Dak, Wilson, Mahomes, and Carr all are open about and in some cases outspoken about their faith. Are they hated because of it? Wilson and Mahomes in particular are gushed over by the media.

The whole Tebow thing doesn't hold water. It is silly really because he has not even been signed yet that I know of and it all seems like a publicity stunt for the Jags to bring in the most popular football player ever in the state of Florida 9 years after he was out of the league.

Did people hate Reggie White for his religious beliefs? Dude was a pastor. Even fans of opposing teams in the NFC east loved the guy.

In the current NFL Dak, Wilson, Mahomes, and Carr all are open about and in some cases outspoken about their faith. Are they hated because of it? Wilson and Mahomes in particular are gushed over by the media.

The whole Tebow thing doesn't hold water. It is silly really because he has not even been signed yet that I know of and it all seems like a publicity stunt for the Jags to bring in the most popular football player ever in the state of Florida 9 years after he was out of the league.
Exactly. Different sport, but nobody hates Kershaw because of his faith. That such a BS narrative. In fact, most MLB fans seemed to be happy for him that he finally got his playoff moment in the sun.

It’s all the publicity stunts and making a big show of everything that annoys people.

I think the hate is unwarranted. I guess we disagree on that.

Exactly. Different sport, but nobody hates Kershaw because of his faith. That such a BS narrative. In fact, most MLB fans seemed to be happy for him that he finally got his playoff moment in the sun.

It’s all the publicity stunts and making a big show of everything that annoys people.
hate is a strong word. Seems over the top.

You’re the only one saying “hate”. I said “annoyed”.
Nah I'm not the only one here that mentioned the word hate. But I'll go with your term "annoying". Of all the things and people to get annoyed about in this world it puzzles me that Tebow annoys so many.

I was listening to satellite radio (Mad Dog Radio- forgot the host's name) this week and the topic of Tebow came up. The host said he had done some work with Tebow where he (Tebow) made an appearance in FL for some event. Tebow's only request was that his appearance fee must be donated to underprivileged youth in the area. The host said Tebow couldn't have been nicer and was the real deal. I've read that type of thing a few times.

You’re the only one saying “hate”. I said “annoyed”.
Nah I'm not the only one here that mentioned the word hate. But I'll go with your term "annoying". Of all the things and people to get annoyed about in this world it puzzles me that Tebow annoys so many.

I was listening to satellite radio (Mad Dog Radio- forgot the host's name) this week and the topic of Tebow came up. The host said he had done some work with Tebow where he (Tebow) made an appearance in FL for some event. Tebow's only request was that his appearance fee must be donated to underprivileged youth in the area. The host said Tebow couldn't have been nicer and was the real deal. I've read that type of thing a few times.

There's that word hate again.

There's that word hate again.
Huh? I was responding to YOU saying it. Lol.

Huh? I was responding to YOU saying it. Lol.
Enlighten me on his "publicity stunts" and his "making a big show of everything".

My initial comment to you in this thread was related to your absurd take re Kaepernick and Tebow. Speaking of publicity stunts that kinda sounds like Kap's workout where he changed locations at the last minute.

Enlighten me on his "publicity stunts" and his "making a big show of everything".

My initial comment to you in this thread was related to your absurd take re Kaepernick and Tebow. Speaking of publicity stunts that kinda sounds like Kap's workout where he changed locations at the last minute.
Well there was the time where he was going to play Tight End for his old college coach, 9 years after he last played in the NFL as a QB.

Well there was the time where he was going to play Tight End for his old college coach, 9 years after he last played in the NFL as a QB.
Pales in comparison to that clown show that Kap put on.

Sounds like your beef is with Urban Meyer more than Tebow. Why is Tebow a bad guy for taking a shot?

Pales in comparison to that clown show that Kap put on.

Sounds like your beef is with Urban Meyer more than Tebow. Why is Tebow a bad guy for taking a shot?
“Bad guy”, “hate”...your words, not mine.

I’d suggest those words are more likely to apply to how you feel about Kap than how I feel about Tebow.

I hope a young, hungry Tight End gets that roster spot and sticks.

“Bad guy”, “hate”...your words, not mine.

I’d suggest those words are more likely to apply to how you feel about Kap than how I feel about Tebow.

I hope a young, hungry Tight End gets that roster spot and sticks.
Nah I'm just annoyed with Kaepernick.

Oh yes he did.
Ok wrong wording. He didn't take snaps in real games and have you rip your hair out and scream at your tv with his 48% completion percentage and ground balls.

Ok wrong wording. He didn't take snaps in real games and have you rip your hair out and scream at your tv with his 48% completion percentage and ground balls.
Fair enough. You gotta admit though that one throw down the middle of the field on that post pattern against the Steelers was a nice throw. He got u to the playoffs and won a playoff game. That's more than Daniel Dimes will ever do. :)

Btw u won a SB a few years later with a guy that wouldn't have won a Punt Pass and Kick contest against 12 year olds that season.

Fair enough. You gotta admit though that one throw down the middle of the field on that post pattern against the Steelers was a nice throw. He got u to the playoffs and won a playoff game. That's more than Daniel Dimes will ever do. :)

Btw u won a SB a few years later with a guy that wouldn't have won a Punt Pass and Kick contest against 12 year olds that season.
Our D dragged us to the playoffs despite him. As far as PM and that season, people underestimate one of the biggest parts of playing qb; getting your team in the correct play according to what the defense is doing, PM was one of the best if not the best at that, all time.

Our D dragged us to the playoffs despite him. As far as PM and that season, people underestimate one of the biggest parts of playing qb; getting your team in the correct play according to what the defense is doing, PM was one of the best if not the best at that, all time.
No doubt your Defense was the difference but Tebow did have an uncanny knack that year to make the critical play down the stretch when it had to be made. Admittedly that came after 3-1/2 quarters of awfulness.

Agreed on PM. QB is played from the neck up more than any other position in any other sport but it always amazed me why defenses didn't drastically shorten the field on PM at that juncture. He couldn't throw the ball more than 30 to 35 yards down the field.

I think the hate is unwarranted. I guess we disagree on that.

Of course it is unwarranted but that is the very definition of fandom, no? Everything about it basically irrational.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom