Nice article on Jeremi Grant... | Syracusefan.com

Nice article on Jeremi Grant...

SUGIANT

2nd String
Nuggets exit interview: Jerami Grant’s versatility may make him top priority this offseason
Nice article...but...anybody need work?
The Denver Post obviously has an opening for a sports copy editor.
" Grant got a paw on Devin Booker’s game-winning shot attempt..."
Really?
A "paw"?

Nice article...but...anybody need work?
The Denver Post obviously has an opening for a sports copy editor.
" Grant got a paw on Devin Booker’s game-winning shot attempt..."
Really?
A "paw"?
Yeah the DP like most newspapers, is a ghost town, they got rid of all the old veteran sports staff.

And that folks is why I always stress how important it is to be ready to get that 2nd contract.

And that folks, is why I always stress that it is literally IMPOSSIBLE to get that 2nd contract, if you never get the 1st.

Was Jerami “ready” when he left early?

Ima take an wild guess and say that Brian was likely strongly on the
“NO - he should come back and work on his game” side of that discussion. ;)

1596975824743.gif

And that folks, is why I always stress that it is literally IMPOSSIBLE to get that 2nd contract, if you never get the 1st.

Was Jerami “ready” when he left early?

Ima take an wild guess and say that Brian was likely strongly on the
“NO - he should come back and work on his game” side of that discussion. ;)
I had no problem with him leaving.

You must be using the phrase “no problem with him leaving” in a very creative way because you know damn well these things are easily searchable.
I was more upset about Ennis. The point is if your not ready for that 2nd contract your not going to make the big bucks. Grant was ready and is going to be set for life. Other guys who left su weren't.

OK

But...you said you had “no problem with him leaving” and, well like I said these things are searchable.

Because we both know that while you say you thought Grant was ready, we both know that in the Summer of 2014 you...didn’t.
It was 6 years ago. I just remember I was upset about ennis. I don't believe I had a problem with Grant leaving. Bottom line though who's bball career would you rather have right now?

I was more upset about Ennis. The point is if your not ready for that 2nd contract your not going to make the big bucks. Grant was ready and is going to be set for life. Other guys who left su weren't.

Sorry. I don't believe any player in the 30+ years I have watched SU basketball ball has improved their jump shot post their SU career more than Jeremi. No one, not Jeremi himself could have known he would improve this much. He went from not being able to hit a college 3 (which was closer then) to shooting 39% from NBA range this year.

As for Ennis his issues are physical limitations i.e. height, foot speed , jumping ability. He needed to get that guaranteed money. A second contact was always going to be tough for him.

Last edited:
It was 6 years ago. I just remember I was upset about ennis. I don't believe I had a problem with Grant leaving. Bottom line though who's bball career would you rather have right now?

yea, you don’t want to read these two threads.

Yeah so no I’m not talking about Ennis. I’m talking about Grant because you said you had no problem with him leaving. As it turns out if you do a search on the topic there are myriad posts wherein you do, in fact have a problem with him leaving.
It was likely because he wasn't a first round projection. It doesn't matter what I think.

I was happy Ennis got out when he did. He stays his value plummets like Chris Thomas. Tyler was slow with a suspect jump shot. Staying longer doesn't change that and further exposes him and the "potential" is gone. He got enough exposure to make some teams believe. Most folks that make the NBA don't last more than 2-3 years. At least he got the guaranteed money before the league moved on from him.

Sorry. I don't believe any player in the 30+ years I have watched SU basketball ball has improved their jump shot post their SU career more than Jeremi. No one, not Jeremi himself could have known he would improve this much. He went from not being able to hit a college 3 (which was closer then) to shooting 39% from NBA range this year.

As for Ennis his issues are physical limitations i.e. height, foot speed , jumping ability. He needed to get that guaranteed money. A second contact was always going to be tough for him.
Yeah, my opinion on Grant at the time was that it was a huge gamble moving on to the league as a second rounder without a jump shot. I wasn't too worried about him carving out a career for a while because he was a freak athletically and was a big, long guy. What I was surprised about was that so many people thought it would be crazy to return and work on his offensive game. To me, I thought that might have given him a good opportunity to climb into the lottery and not have to spend so much time standing in the corner ignored offensively.

Happily, I was wrong. I don't feel like I was that crazy but clearly he had confidence in his abilities and took the proper path. Good for him!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom