Nike schools pay too | Syracusefan.com

Nike schools pay too

Cusesky8214

Living Legend
Eeekkk...surprised this wasnt posted here yet...

“It’s a corrupt space as it is and cheating is cheating,” Code is quoted as saying in the transcript. “Whether I give you a dollar, 100,000, or I get your mom and dad jobs, it’s cheating. … So in some form or fashion, Duke, North Carolina, Syracuse, Kentucky and all of the schools are doing something to help get kids. That’s just a part of the space.”

Well we aren't getting our monies worth since we aren't even a top 25 program anymore.

Not worried about JB and SU involvement.
Duke and Kentucky are the obvious schools to watch.
Re-read that. Think of the other 2 schools besides us. Tell me you’re not worried.

I dont know about Nike, but it sure seems likely some Nike schools do, while the NCAA and federal government dont care. I'm glad the former Nike employee(Code) spoke to federal investigators and admited how dirty they were, even though it seems evident the country has more pressing issues that could be addressed with our tax dollars than CBB recruiting.

And whomever said Nike deserves a refund for our recruits would be correct, if it were actually true.

“It’s a corrupt space as it is and cheating is cheating,” Code is quoted as saying in the transcript. “Whether I give you a dollar, 100,000, or I get your mom and dad jobs, it’s cheating. … So in some form or fashion, Duke, North Carolina, Syracuse, Kentucky and all of the schools are doing something to help get kids. That’s just a part of the space.”

Co-authored by Forde, huh?

Reactions: CIL

Wait a second. We are being mentioned with Duke, North Carolina and Kentucky.

I have been told our program will not survive once Boeheim retires.

Dean Smith, Adolph Rupp, Rick Pitino... all left the aforementioned schools.

Guess what -- they're still there!

(For the record, we don't belong in the same paragraph or on the same page with those three schools right now, basketball wise.)

Wait a second. We are being mentioned with Duke, North Carolina and Kentucky.

(For the record, we don't belong in the same paragraph or on the same page with those three schools right now, basketball wise.)

Agreed. Or corruption wise.

Re-read that. Think of the other 2 schools besides us. Tell me you’re not worried.
Duke and Kentucky aren't getting dinged and the NCAA has already shown they have a hard on for SU, so i'm concerned, even if we're clean.

That’s ugly! Why did our name cross his lips?

Nike promising our guys summer jobs at the Utica YMCA. Thx Phil!!

As a guy whom worked at the Utica Y while in high school and my first year home from college in the late 90’s/00... yeah, never bumped into a Syracuse player.

I dont know about Nike, but it sure seems likely some Nike schools do, while the NCAA and federal government dont care. I'm glad the former Nike employee(Code) spoke to federal investigators and admited how dirty they were, even though it seems evident the country has more pressing issues that could be addressed with our tax dollars than CBB recruiting.

And whomever said Nike deserves a refund for our recruits would be correct, if it were actually true.
Let's review this one more time. The Federal government didn't care about college basketball recruiting until an on-going white collar crime case expanded to include bribes paid to college basketball coaches. They did not target Addidas over Nike, Addidas was dropped into their lap. If the target of the white collar crime case had been working with Nike/Under Armour/Puma/etc., they would have gone after them instead of Addidas. The FBI specifically told the NCAA to stay out of their way until the trials were finished. They are now finished and the NCAA has received all the materials that were presented at the trail. Sean Miller, who was mentioned in the transcripts of the wiretaps, has been notified by the NCAA that he is under investigation. Those investigations don't happen overnight.

Now as far as the NCAA and their turning a blind eye to everything is concerned - Don't you think that if rumors are circulating on the Web that School X is paying Player Y that the NCAA has heard about it, too? The big difference is, we can say anything we want on the multitude of message boards, but the NCAA can't say anything until someone rats out School X and gives them the evidence. Apparently everyone in the process, players, their families, booster, coaches, and fans would rather just curse under their breath and on message boards than do something that would really stop the cheating.

How fast would the judge rule in School X's favor in the inevitable lawsuit because the NCAA put them on probation and took away scholarships because they saw "a posting on School Z's fan message board that School X had paid Player Y?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom