13. Loyola
14. UMass
15. Army
16. Lehigh
17. Richmond
18. Penn
19. Rutgers
20. Johns Hopkins

Also considered (alphabetical order): Albany, Brown, Bucknell, Hofstra, Navy, Providence, Villanova

I don't really understand the argument for Penn State at #4. Losing Ament has to be worth at least a couple more spots in the rankings.

I would also put UNC ahead of UVA, but I guess that's nit-picking. UNC returns pretty much everyone from last year and adds McCarthy to the midfield. UVA, which didn't look all that terrific in 2020 to begin with, loses Aitken and Kraus. The transfer from Merrimack will help but may not be a 1-for-1 replacement for Kraus. They're top 10, but 5 is a stretch for me. Based on their 2020 season and the personnel they have I don't think UNC has done anything to warrant being outside the top 5. They're #2 in the ACC, and #1 in the event the Cuse suspensions hold up.

Cornell and UNC could both be put higher. Not sure how you can put Cornell so far away from Penn St. after their game last year and who each team has returning.

UMass too high. At least Richmond Army and Penn are better. They lost to Harvard and Long Island U was giving them a game for over 3 quarters last year.

Penn as usual is not ranked high enough and they have Handley back in action, but they could feel the Gallagher loss.

Yale maybe a little too high as their offense has been gutted a bit and they had a couple red flags already, but TD did manage to stick around and the D should still be ok.

Hopkins could very well end up higher by the end of this season if Epstein is healthy and Grimes looks good right away, but the D is probably still a mess.

Hopkins could very well end up higher by the end of this season if Epstein is healthy and Grimes looks good right away, but the D is probably still a mess.

Why is Hopkins even ranked now? It feels like it is a requirement for every list to have them on the list.

Why is Hopkins even ranked now? It feels like it is a requirement for every list to have them on the list.

Probably anticipating Epstein being back to 100%. He was the most promising freshman in the class a year ago and could do some damage along with Williams and Grimes (very promising top 10 recruit at attack). The D really is a mess though. I think they have a top recruit at D but they lost at least 1 starting long pole and starting SSDM. Goalies have to be considered un-reformable at this point so unless they have some surprise stud freshman that will also be a joke. If they put them any higher than 20 or 19 I would start asking questions. If they beat any legit teams this year it will probably be a 16-15 type of score.

How can Syracuse be ranked second when they’re at risk of losing how many top players to suspension? Sorry, I can’t get behind any of this excitement until we know the outcome of those appeals. Without Curry, Trimboli and Dordevic or whoever else is rumored to be in trouble, this just isn’t the same team.

Also interesting that they used a picture of Dearth on the Twitter. I guess we can assume he’s not in trouble.

Also interesting that they used a picture of Dearth on the Twitter. I guess we can assume he’s not in trouble.
There was just a feature on Rehfuss and Trimboli (which i didnt read) in the Syracuse University Magazine.

Goalies have to be considered un-reformable at this point so unless they have some surprise stud freshman that will also be a joke.

Hopkins brought in Josh Kirson from Ohio State, who was one of the best goalies in the country during the abbreviated 2020 season. He should bring some stability to the position for them, but he alone will not fix the defense, which indeed remains a mess. My Hopkins sources are very high on the new defensive coordinator Koesterer but they don't expect to see a huge impact until 2022 or 2023.

How can Syracuse be ranked second when they’re at risk of losing how many top players to suspension? Sorry, I can’t get behind any of this excitement until we know the outcome of those appeals. Without Curry, Trimboli and Dordevic or whoever else is rumored to be in trouble, this just isn’t the same team.

Hard to not agree with this unfortunately.

Hard to not agree with this unfortunately.
I think it is perfectly fine to rank us as if everyone is playing because as far as we know now that is the case. No news is good news and that is all we have heard since Rehfuss entering the portal dropped. I won’t believe any rumors until there is concrete evidence and all we have are rumors now. Trimboli is a senior too so why isn’t he in the portal if he is involved in all this? Not going to give in to pessimism just yet.

I think it is perfectly fine to rank us as if everyone is playing because as far as we know now that is the case. No news is good news and that is all we have heard since Rehfuss entering the portal dropped. I won’t believe any rumors until there is concrete evidence and all we have are rumors now. Trimboli is a senior too so why isn’t he in the portal if he is involved in all this? Not going to give in to pessimism just yet.

The process is still playing out at this time. Unfortunately more players beyond Rehfuss are involved, that's all I can say.

Are there more players in the portal?

Not that I know of.

Rehfuss is in the portal because he's a senior, and this is his last year of eligibility. So if it ends up that he can't play at Syracuse, he wants to give himself the option to play his final season somewhere else.

I believe the majority of the other players in the same appeals process are NOT seniors (or, at least, still have eligibility remaining thanks to Covid), meaning they are likely to return to Syracuse next year even if they can't play this spring.

The process is still playing out at this time. Unfortunately more players beyond Rehfuss are involved, that's all I can say.

Can you say how many players are involved?

I don't really understand the argument for Penn State at #4. Losing Ament has to be worth at least a couple more spots in the rankings.

I would also put UNC ahead of UVA, but I guess that's nit-picking. UNC returns pretty much everyone from last year and adds McCarthy to the midfield. UVA, which didn't look all that terrific in 2020 to begin with, loses Aitken and Kraus. The transfer from Merrimack will help but may not be a 1-for-1 replacement for Kraus. They're top 10, but 5 is a stretch for me. Based on their 2020 season and the personnel they have I don't think UNC has done anything to warrant being outside the top 5. They're #2 in the ACC, and #1 in the event the Cuse suspensions hold up.
Agree re: PSU

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom