NIL at work? | Syracusefan.com

NIL at work?

Hopefully.

There was a recent podcast where Lendale White was talking about his time at USC

Downtown LA condo while he went there. Lexus to drive around in. Bag of $150k (*in cash) left behind in his condo.

So, that was almost twenty years ago - hoping we have the juice to play the game too

Just saw a commercial for Nye Chevrolet featuring G Schrader. In it he says how much he loves his new Chevy pick up truck. Awesome
Hopefully it’s not just for the camera and they actually gave him one.

Hopefully.

There was a recent podcast where Lendale White was talking about his time at USC

Downtown LA condo while he went there. Lexus to drive around in. Bag of $150k (*in cash) left behind in his condo.

So, that was almost twenty years ago - hoping we have the juice to play the game too
The difference is that White’s stuff was being funded by boosters, while Nye Chevy sees potential benefit for themselves in using Shrader as a spokesman.

You think he would lie about it?

I mean…. it’s a commercial for a car dealership. Maybe he’s driving around on dealer plates and he switches vehicles every few thousand miles. Which is actually kind of nice. One thing I mess about being in the car business. Oh yeah, double my current paycheck was nice too.

I’m no lawyer, but IIRC, it’s best practice for a celebrity endorser to actually use the product because false advertising can be brought to court.

Yeah one of my buddies is good friends with a former NHL goalie. He did some commercials for a local Range Rover dealership and was given a car to drive around in as part of his compensation.

They probably did give him a new truck because he was driving around in a beater. Good NIL opportunity. I don’t think he would lie, wouldn’t even think that for a second.

They probably did give him a new truck because he was driving around in a beater. Good NIL opportunity. I don’t think he would lie, wouldn’t even think that for a second.
Hey, even if it's a lease, it's still technically true.

Hopefully.

Kinda. It's more like a room at the Sheraton downtown, free Uber rides, and a gift certificate to Cheesecake factory.

I mean…. it’s a commercial for a car dealership. Maybe he’s driving around on dealer plates and he switches vehicles every few thousand miles. Which is actually kind of nice. One thing I mess about being in the car business. Oh yeah, double my current paycheck was nice too.

Yah but I bet you don’t miss the 50+ hours a week and working every single Saturday

Yah but I bet you don’t miss the 50+ hours a week and working every single Saturday

2/3 last places I worked; I was working Sundays 3/4 weeks of the month too. Saturdays and coming in on your day off sucked enough but when I was working 18 days in a row with no day off……

True story. When SU beat Notre Dame during Grob, I missed the game and I knew I was making a good decision leaving “the business”.

2/3 last places I worked; I was working Sundays 3/4 weeks of the month too. Saturdays and coming in on your day off sucked enough but when I was working 18 days in a row with no day off……

True story. When SU beat Notre Dame during Grob, I missed the game and I knew I was making a good decision leaving “the business”.

First thing I did when I left the business was buy season tickets to cuse

That’s when I knew I made the right decision.

First thing I did when I left the business was buy season tickets to cuse

That’s when I knew I made the right decision.

LOL, we did too. Think that was to start the Shafer years.

He seems like the kind of dude that likes driving an old truck/SUV. With 500,000 miles it sounds like it would be a diesel. Guys down here love those. Still, if offered a new truck you take a new truck.

He seems like the kind of dude that likes driving an old truck/SUV. With 500,000 miles it sounds like it would be a diesel. Guys down here love those. Still, if offered a new truck you take a new truck.

Yeah and I'm sure he didn't get rid of the old SUV if that's the case.

Yeah. Now he's got his daily driver and one he can jack up to to put 40's on.

And - he can loan whichever one he’s not driving to his teammates.

Which is a nice way for him to “share the wealth” with his boys.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom