NIL | Syracusefan.com

NIL

6E3A63BD-B8D9-45DB-BB0A-57F8056F6A17.jpeg

Son i understand that Nebraska has a car dealer willing to pay you 250k a year but think of the education you will get at Syracuse and the chance to play in front of 33k fans.

Son i understand that Nebraska has a car dealer willing to pay you 250k a year but think of the education you will get at Syracuse and the chance to play in front of 33k fans.
Also son, the endorsement opportunities in the scrap metal industry might amaze you.

So asking for a friend. Is it now legit for a local car dealer to slip $50 in a Xmas card as long as the player did some advertising.

Syracuse basketball players are going to make bank. They are the local pro team. NIL gives us a huge leg up on other northeast programs that have to share their market with pro teams.

wanna go to BC? Good luck getting the local car dealership gig. Syracuse? Each player gets their own.

it’s literally built for big programs in mid sized cities.

Syracuse basketball players are going to make bank. They are the local pro team. NIL gives us a huge leg up on other northeast programs that have to share their market with pro teams.

wanna go to BC? Good luck getting the local car dealership gig. Syracuse? Each player gets their own.

Would agree.

Mid-major programs in those types of markets will also see boons, however I am curious what happens to the corporate sponsorship money that help some of these programs operate.

I think SU will be fine, as their Learfield arrangement I'm sure has parameters that cannot be met by a single individual. And it's more about signage than it is about who is hawking what product. But it has the potential to completely change college athletics.

Yeah, this could play out as a classic big fish small pond scenario.

Great news for our recruiting pipeline in Philly/Baltimore/DC

so the school is a nike school and the players get deals with adidas.. how does that work? same for coke/pepsi or what ever.

and will this be like the big sports. where guys can advertise but not with pro gear on without giving the team/sport a cut..

you cant just sell syracuse gear a player cant just wear his stuff and sell it either.

Direct fan compensation to the players. Specifically if a player sets up a social media site that allows fans to pay them for any digital content. It could be something as simple as a personal greeting or a signed clip of them in action or access to a daily blog. Virtually anything. In that case it isnt about endorsement deals its about clicks or about direct payments. Look how powerful our group was in getting our recruit rated the top player in PA. Well imagine if a kid from any school asked the fans to pay $1.00 for something. Now imagine the power of that with large fan bases. That is my concern. Not so much the pizza or car deal.

Direct fan compensation to the players. Specifically if a player sets up a social media site that allows fans to pay them for any digital content. It could be something as simple as a personal greeting or a signed clip of them in action or access to a daily blog. Virtually anything. In that case it isnt about endorsement deals its about clicks or about direct payments. Look how powerful our group was in getting our recruit rated the top player in PA. Well imagine if a kid from any school asked the fans to pay $1.00 for something. Now imagine the power of that with large fan bases. That is my concern. Not so much the pizza or car deal.
It shouldn't concern you. That's a good thing for the kid.

It shouldn't concern you. That's a good thing for the kid.
It is good for the kid but specifically its not good for SU or other schools that have a smaller fan base which will create a large

we don’t have a small fan base
we do relative to the state schools. From a basketball perspective i think we will be fine its football im concerned about.

This will help athletes once they decide to come here.
It won’t help us recruit kids to come and play here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom