NIT Bubble | Syracusefan.com

NIT Bubble

adk(roc)CUSE

All Conference
We'll at least make that, right? Every game will be tough. It will be interesting to see if we respond Saturday or lay down again.

Last edited:
I'm not sure you can pencil in any definite wins. The kids played tonight like they knew the season is over. For me, the rest of the schedule tells me more about JBs motivational skills than anything else. How invested will we be

The weakness of the ACC is really masking how bad this team really is... CBI here we come...

The weakness of the ACC is really masking how bad this team really is... CBI here we come...

I'm not sure we would mess with the CBI if it came to it.

IF we don’t even make the NIT then I would hope that we turn down something like the CBI. Playing in that tournament would be nothing but a joke.

IF we don’t even make the NIT then I would hope that we turn down something like the CBI. Playing in that tournament would be nothing but a joke.

Agreed. I will not like being in the NIT but I will watch and hope to win it. I just could not stomach watching the CBI. Even if it is our beloved Orange playing. I just couldn't.

This goes here now.
53E5D0E7-D002-4696-81EA-EEC60712B577.jpeg

the Dome isn't going to be available, which makes us that much less attractive to the NIT people, but I assume we will get an invite if we get to maybe 18 wins. the NIT is actually pickier than they used to be, and they now have that rule that a regular season champion from a smaller conference who gets booted in their conference tourney is automatically given a bid. So, an NIT snub is feasible if we end up say 17-15. Before last night, I would say this team has a lot of heart, seemed like they waved the flag last evening. Frankly, it's the least talented SU team I have seen in 35 years of following them.

With a team this young, I would be OK going to the CBI. It would be some extra practice and playing time for the team. However, whether he's going pro or not, I'd let Hughes sit it out.

the Dome isn't going to be available, which makes us that much less attractive to the NIT people, but I assume we will get an invite if we get to maybe 18 wins. the NIT is actually pickier than they used to be, and they now have that rule that a regular season champion from a smaller conference who gets booted in their conference tourney is automatically given a bid. So, an NIT snub is feasible if we end up say 17-15. Before last night, I would say this team has a lot of heart, seemed like they waved the flag last evening. Frankly, it's the least talented SU team I have seen in 35 years of following them.
SU usually travel well. The NIT will cling to that and invite them. This teamcould test that theory.

With a team this young, I would be OK going to the CBI. It would be some extra practice and playing time for the team. However, whether he's going pro or not, I'd let Hughes sit it out.

agree, they need all the extra gametime experience that they can get

Can't argue that would be a benefit. I have never just skipped watching a game in my life so I would watch (assuming it's on somewhere). Can't say it would be the highlight of my fandom or on the edge of my seat though.

It's unfortunate we couldn't play an NIT home game in Manley any more or someplace like the War Memorial. Would kind of be cool to see Cuse in a different kind of home setting. I'm sure the 5-6 thousand seats would sell out with die hards and it would be kinda neat to be one of them.

Do we have young players? Yes, but I’m not buying we’re so young. How many teams start a front line of 2 juniors and a redshirt junior? Washington has also been here three years. Our depth is young, but they don’t play anyway.

Do we have young players? Yes, but I’m not buying we’re so young. How many teams start a front line of 2 juniors and a redshirt junior? Washington has also been here three years. Our depth is young, but they don’t play anyway.
Fair, but I'd argue that every player but Elijah and maybe Marek would benefit from a few extra games.

Completely agree with this. And, one of those starters saw significant minutes last year coming off the bench in MD, and Sibibe also saw his share of minutes last season as well as Chuku was often in foul trouble too. Additionally, Buddy also saw considerable minutes his frosh season. So, in regards to our starting rotation, being "young" is purely an excuse IMO. What we have is a talent problem, not a youth problem.

What's the major difference between the NIT and CBI? They're both leftover tournaments.

What's the major difference between the NIT and CBI? They're both leftover tournaments.

The NIT bid certainly has more prestige -- still has some history to it, has the top leftovers, and has the finals at MSG which is attractive. The NIT bid is far from a gimme, because as noted above, more spots are now taken by lower conference teams.

I would still take the CBI bid for experience, but it seems most P5 choose not to. So I don't think Syracuse would take it. I only see one P5 school played in the CBI the last 4 years (West Virginia in 2019). Before that there was 2 or 3 P5 teams per year, so the trend seems to be for P5 schools to ignore the CBI.

It's unfortunate we couldn't play an NIT home game in Manley any more or someplace like the War Memorial. Would kind of be cool to see Cuse in a different kind of home setting. I'm sure the 5-6 thousand seats would sell out with die hards and it would be kinda neat to be one of them.
How about the SRC Arena if it's available?

How about the SRC Arena if it's available?

Is that where they did the TBT Tournament? How many does it hold? Did anyone who went to one of those games have a critique on the venue? Would it work?

The 2002 NIT run seemed to go well for the young players. Could be a good thing. Rather see that than a play in game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom