NIT @ MSG question | Syracusefan.com

NIT @ MSG question

longislandcuse

Living Legend
Sorry if this has been answered but does anyone know what time Syracuse plays on TGE or has it not been decided yet?

My assumption is that SU will be the late game at 9:30. I can't remember a time where SU has been in an MSG doubleheader (not including the BET) and was the early game.

Thanks. Im hoping for that. Managing a restaurant night before Thanksgiving would make it pretty difficult for me to get to a 7pm tip :-/. 930 would be beautiful.

My assumption is that SU will be the late game at 9:30. I can't remember a time where SU has been in an MSG doubleheader (not including the BET) and was the early game.

Jimmy V Classic vs. Ok. State in 2006 comes to mind.

Yeah, the Cal game in 2009 was early, too. Michigan State last year and Oklahoma State in 2004 were late; don't recall Ohio State in 2007 - I've managed to block out most details of that one.

they have to win tonight and tomorrow for us to worry about this

Last year they played the late game of a double header vs. MSU. Have to imagine they'll be late again.

they have to win tonight and tomorrow for us to worry about this

No they don't. They can hypothetically lose both games and they still play at MSG.

According to this it appears that SU has to win two games to get to MSG. There's nothing in the document that says that SU-VT-Stanford-Ok State are automatically advancing.

EDIT:

The official NCAA Basketball Rules for the year shall govern all Tournament play. The parties agree that the NIT shall have sole authority to determine the pairings of all Tournament participants for each round as well as the sites for all Tournament contests. Each Institution shall be scheduled to play four (4) games. At each site, the two winners from each of the first round games shall play one another with the winner of that second round game advancing to the semi-finals for further competition in the Tournament. The three teams at each site that do not advance to the semi-finals will participate in third and fourth round games.

These games will be played on the home campus sites of the three highest remaining seeds.
Participating teams will not play any team twice and third and fourth rounds will be assigned to the most geographically compatible site possible.

There are some tournaments (coaches vs cancer I believe) that don't really have the brackets. I'm not sure what the deal with the NIT is.

According to this it appears that SU has to win two games to get to MSG. There's nothing in the document that says that SU-VT-Stanford-Ok State are automatically advancing.

EDIT:

The official NCAA Basketball Rules for the year shall govern all Tournament play. The parties agree that the NIT shall have sole authority to determine the pairings of all Tournament participants for each round as well as the sites for all Tournament contests. Each Institution shall be scheduled to play four (4) games. At each site, the two winners from each of the first round games shall play one another with the winner of that second round game advancing to the semi-finals for further competition in the Tournament. The three teams at each site that do not advance to the semi-finals will participate in third and fourth round games.

These games will be played on the home campus sites of the three highest remaining seeds.
Participating teams will not play any team twice and third and fourth rounds will be assigned to the most geographically compatible site possible.

So if we lose tonight or tomorrow, when do tickets go on sale for our consolation bracket? Will those games be on TV? ;)

So if we lose tonight or tomorrow, when do tickets go on sale for our consolation bracket? Will those games be on TV? ;)

I cant remember the pre-season NIT ever having some no name upset team in it. Has there never been an upset before?

I cant remember the pre-season NIT ever having some no name upset team in it. Has there never been an upset before?
I think just last year VCU was at MSG as an upset

I forget which tourney it was, but the first upset in the early rounds of one of these MSG tourneys (that I can remember) is when Gardner-Webb beat Kentucky. A lot of UK fans came to the games at MSG anyway because they had already booked their travel and hotel in NYC, and had bought game tix.

I guess it's kind of hard to promote one of these tournaments when Gardner-Webb is among your final four.

shitty tourney, 5pm finals time What and on a friday
Gotta play around football windows to get on TV. Day after Thanksgiving, if you're working you need a new job. ;)

Yea this tourney sucks. Game before and after Thanksgiving?? Daytime Friday games. Weak.

And could they have picked less attractive ACC and Big XII opponents?

Probably wanted to set it up so that the final four is all BCS-level conference teams but SU still has a great chance to win and sells a lot of tix.
Although, I think in recent years SU is 0-2 vs. Okie State at MSG.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom