NLI signing day Feb 3rd, where do things stand? | Syracusefan.com

NLI signing day Feb 3rd, where do things stand?

Cusefan69

All American
So regular signing day quickly approaches. Any chatter on players leaning our way? I believe CL indicated that we may be looking to bring in two more oline. Any names our insiders are able to share as strong possibilities? Any possible surprises? Love this time of year. Inputs always welcome and appreciated.

From what CL and OX have been posting, it looks like the staff is focusing on JUCO and transfers. Feels like we're done with high school seniors for this cycle. (No inside knowledge here.)

Right now the count is 59 returning, 19 signed, 1 transfer and 1 unsigned expected to sign 2/3. If Moss signs that will be 21 initial counters for the class. Then Shrader makes the total number of scholarships 80. Potentially could take a few more underclassmen or just load up on grad transfers.

corrected ...bad counting.

Last edited:
Right now the count is 59 returning, 19 signed, 1 Grad transfer and 1 unsigned expected to sign 2/3. If Moss signs that will be 20 initial counters for the class. Then Shrader makes the total number of scholarships 80. Potentially could take a few more underclassmen or just load up on grad transfers.
Completely forgot about Moss. Good refresh, thx.

Right now the count is 59 returning, 19 signed, 1 Grad transfer and 1 unsigned expected to sign 2/3. If Moss signs that will be 20 initial counters for the class. Then Shrader makes the total number of scholarships 80. Potentially could take a few more underclassmen or just load up on grad transfers.

So we could take 5 more kids ?

So regular signing day quickly approaches. Any chatter on players leaning our way? I believe CL indicated that we may be looking to bring in two more oline. Any names our insiders are able to share as strong possibilities? Any possible surprises? Love this time of year. Inputs always welcome and appreciated.

The one known HS kid we're maybe still actively recruiting is athlete Calvin Johnson out of Mississippi. Not sure if we've tailed off or not but we were definitely on him for awhile.

Potentially. But the count doesn't include Howard or Adams if they should return or a scholarship for a PWO.

And they could leave a few empty to use for back dates next year.
I recall Money mentioning that Howard could actually be returning which was a surprise, a good surprise to be sure. Is that a situation that is 100% confirmed at this point or is that still open?

Potentially. But the count doesn't include Howard or Adams if they should return or a scholarship for a PWO.

And they could leave a few empty to use for back dates next year.
I'd figure 1 scholie for Howard. The PWO scholies usually get awarded during summer camp, right?

And since Shrader is only a transfer, not a grad transfer, only 4 spots left.

I counted him. 59 + 19 + Moss/Schrader = 80. So at least 1 of the remaining 5 openings would have to be Grad Transfer, correct?

Huge disappointment if they don’t add at least one dt that can help immediately
They got a QB in Shrader. Now From the offers it seems that OL is the next priority. Then it maybe it will be the best of what is out there.

I counted him. 59 + 19 + Moss/Schrader = 80. So at least 1 of the remaining 5 openings would have to be Grad Transfer, correct?
I was thinking Shrader was a grad transfer but he isn't. So 19 signed, Moss and Shrader make 21 for the class. Four spots left in the class.

And I corrected my original post.

And yes some would have to be grad transfers not to go over the 85 total scholarships.

Bump...any potential surprise names out there? Is Moss still a go do we think? Any possibilities from the portal at this stage? Thx

Bump...any potential surprise names out there? Is Moss still a go do we think? Any possibilities from the portal at this stage? Thx
Not sure about surprises but both Bradford and Simmons are announcing on NLI.

Huge disappointment if they don’t add at least one dt that can help immediately

Think McDougle hasn't decided yet and I would think they'd hold a spot for a DT that looks to transfer after Spring Ball

There will probably be more transfers after spring ball that will open up additional scholarships. Guys will see where they stand and decide to move on.