No ACC network for Southern Tier TW/Spectrum subscribers | Syracusefan.com

No ACC network for Southern Tier TW/Spectrum subscribers

storange

2023 Cali Award Rushing Touchdowns
Contract dispute.....Trying to decide if I should wait it out or unplug. Would miss about half of SU football and basketball games right now as it stands. That isn't going to happen !

Still plenty of time before accn launches next august, if your talking about fox my network dispute with them it will be on .cw6 this weekend with olympics

Still plenty of time before accn launches next august, if your talking about fox my network dispute with them it will be on .cw6 this weekend with olympics

The OP lives in Binghamton, not Syracuse.

The Wake game is carried on a My Network station down there.

Denied by Rectum Cable. :(

The OP lives in Binghamton, not Syracuse.

The Wake game is carried on a My Network station down there.

Denied by Rectum Cable. :(

I'd put the blame more on the owner of the channels than spectrum, who asks for 75% increase after in a similar despite with Verizon dios only got 10%

Contract dispute...Trying to decide if I should wait it out or unplug. Would miss about half of SU football and basketball games right now as it stands. That isn't going to happen !

Haven;t had the issue yet as the only ACCN games have been home games. Blacked out on WatchESPN?

Haven;t had the issue yet as the only ACCN games have been home games. Blacked out on WatchESPN?
channel 8 WBPN on Spectrum was where I recieved most ACC football and basketball, Some on YES as well. Part of the dispute and lifted from spectrum's lineup

channel 8 WBPN on Spectrum was where I recieved most ACC football and basketball, Some on YES as well. Part of the dispute and lifted from spectrum's lineup

Right I saw that. Just wondered if they were blacked out on the app because a local station had broadcast rights.

Right I saw that. Just wondered if they were blacked out on the app because a local station had broadcast rights.
I have found down here if a game is playing on a designated local channel it is usually blacked out for me on WatchESPN/ACCNetwork

I'm in the Albany area, the only reason I haven't shut Spectrum down is because I can't mentally deal with gearing up for a game, logging into watchESPN and finding out it's blacked out.

Anyone else in the Albany area that can give me some insight into whether I would lose football games if I cut the cord? I'm pretty sure I would. Fios isn't an option, Fios doesn't even realize where I live is on a map.

If it’s a local channel then there’s always the option to watch old school via antenna.

Last edited:
I'm in the Albany area, the only reason I haven't shut Spectrum down is because I can't mentally deal with gearing up for a game, logging into watchESPN and finding out it's blacked out.

Anyone else in the Albany area that can give me some insight into whether I would lose football games if I cut the cord? I'm pretty sure I would. Fios isn't an option, Fios doesn't even realize where I live is on a map.
How about Satellite?

If it’s a local channel then there’s always the option to watch old school via antenna.
One more thing... These types of disputes are common in the industry. They impact all service providers from time to time and eventually all of them get resolved.

For the remaining hoops games either: 1) hook up an antenna to one of your TVs; 2) watch it at a friend’s house; 3) visit an SU-friendly eating/drinking establishment that’s showing the game; or, 4) try out a VPN service that has a connection in a market that allows streaming so that you can watch it on a computer or mobile device.

I’m sure it will be resolved before football season kicks off.

For those in Albany, Rochester and Buffalo...try a two week free trial for YouTube TV.

You get locals (the Big 4) and qualify for Watchespn.

$35 a month if you stay. Works on Roku now

For those wanting to get smart...this thread has a ton of info comparing providers

An Analysis of TV OTT Platforms

They best get their act together ...

Daytona is in 9 days.

For the three remaining road games:

Miami on CBS
Duke on ESPN/ESPN2
Boston College on Regional Sports Network (YES?)

3 of the 4 home games are on the ACC Network but I'll be in the Dome for those and I think the entire ACC Tournament is on ESPN channels - right?

For those in Albany, Rochester and Buffalo...try a two week free trial for YouTube TV.

For those wanting to get smart...this thread has a ton of info comparing providers

First I have heard of Youtube TV...I have Playstation Vue and love it. I will have to check it out to see what the differences are.

First I have heard of Youtube TV...I have Playstation Vue and love it. I will have to check it out to see what the differences are.
Go to this link...it will compare it for you

YouTube TV just added locals for Albany, Buffalo and Rochester. Syracuse should be in the next round.

Go to this link...it will compare it for you

YouTube TV just added locals for Albany, Buffalo and Rochester. Syracuse should be in the next round.

I just checked...not available in Syracuse yet. As soon as it is I will test it out to see if I like it as much as Playstation Vue. Its $10 cheaper per month and carries locals...might be the way to go.

Biggest question for me, how do I ditch Spectrum and not get blocked from half the Syracuse football games?

Just this year there were 2 - 3 games I didn't think were going to be on Spectrum. I log in to WatchESPN and find out the games are blacked out, log back out and end up finding them on Spectrum.

Biggest question for me, how do I ditch Spectrum and not get blocked from half the Syracuse football games?

Just this year there were 2 - 3 games I didn't think were going to be on Spectrum. I log in to WatchESPN and find out the games are blacked out, log back out and end up finding them on Spectrum.

Why do you need Spectrum? Playstation Vue, Youtube Tv, or Sling Tv does the same thing at a fraction of the cost.

Why do you need Spectrum? Playstation Vue, Youtube Tv, or Sling Tv does the same thing at a fraction of the cost.

I wrote a couple times, in the Albany area Spectrum broadcasts the games that would normally be blacked out on WatchESPN. I don’t want to ditch cable and be blacked out from multiple games a season

Spectrum has exclusive rights to SU games in Albany? I’m pretty sure you don’t need spectrum to watch the SU games. I know I don’t and I have never had an issue. Maybe it’s an Albany thing.

Spectrum has exclusive rights to SU games in Albany? I’m pretty sure you don’t need spectrum to watch the SU games. I know I don’t and I have never had an issue. Maybe it’s an Albany thing.

I’m not saying spectrum has exclusive rights. Spectrum/TW, in my experience always picks up SU football games that without spectrum service would be blacked out using watchESPN. So if I get rid of spectrum, all the games that end up being blacked out on watchESPN, which there were quite a few this year, I have no way to get those games. Spectrum picks up the rights to those games and throws them on a spectrum channel, SNY, YES, ESPN CFB channel I don’t normally pay for.

So my question is if any in the Albany area has ditched spectrum/TW and found a way to get the 3-5 games a year that would be blacked out if I didn’t have spectrum.

Yes. You get all of those same channels as Spectrum on YouTube Tv or PlayStation Vue. That is what we are trying to say. Unless the Albany market is different then The rest of the country then YouTube tv, PlayStation Vue, sling tv, etc. are all great replacements for spectrum for a fraction of the cost.

Your only options these days aren’t Spectrum/Fios. Lots of other players now that provide the same channels, better service, for a lower price.