No Boeheim vs. Boeheim? Ivy League decision puts Syracuse game against Cornell in doubt | Syracusefan.com

No Boeheim vs. Boeheim? Ivy League decision puts Syracuse game against Cornell in doubt

Could Jimmy transfer to Syracuse at this point? I wonder what implications that would have? I assume he'd have to walk on but if he doesn't play basketball this year is this remotely possible?

Could Jimmy transfer to Syracuse at this point? I wonder what implications that would have? I assume he'd have to walk on but if he doesn't play basketball this year is this remotely possible?
Throw away a Cornell degree for a Syracuse degree?

Jimmy has repeatedly said he feels great loyalty to Cornell for believing in him, and for that reason, will not consider transferring elsewhere.

If you know anything about the Boeheim family, they value loyalty greatly. Winter sports are not being cancelled in the Ivy League. If college basketball is played this year, Cornell will play. Odds are, they will just play a conference schedule.

Jimmy has repeatedly said he feels great loyalty to Cornell for believing in him, and for that reason, will not consider transferring elsewhere.

If you know anything about the Boeheim family, they value loyalty greatly. Winter sports are not being cancelled in the Ivy League. If college basketball is played this year, Cornell will play. Odds are, they will just play a conference schedule.
My prediction is that if there’s college basketball at all this season, it will be conference-only and then the tournament.

I wonder if Syracuse will replace Cornell or actually schedule Cornell in the spring. If the Ivy allows them to play one non league game in the 2ud term

My prediction is that if there’s college basketball at all this season, it will be conference-only and then the tournament.
Agreed. The timing of winter sports and the expected winter spike in COVID cases is not good. I think it will take a minor miracle to get a full season in. I do not expect fans in the stands period.

Hoping for the best.

I wonder if Syracuse will replace Cornell or actually schedule Cornell in the spring. If the Ivy allows them to play one non league game in the 2ud term
The ACC has 15 teams for basketball. That means one team cannot play the last weekend of the regular season. Given the long relationship Syracuse and Cornell have had in basketball, and the unique situation the series has with the Boeheim family, I wonder if it might make sense to work a game in then?

I have to believe Cornell wants to play it badly too. Pretty sure the revenue from this game is a big deal for the Cornell AD budget.

This would never happen for an OOC opponent not named Cornell. But given the special circumstances, they just might try and make this work.

The ACC has 15 teams for basketball. That means one team cannot play the last weekend of the regular season. Given the long relationship Syracuse and Cornell have had in basketball, and the unique situation the series has with the Boeheim family, I wonder if it might make sense to work a game in then?

I have to believe Cornell wants to play it badly too. Pretty sure the revenue from this game is a big deal for the Cornell AD budget.

This would never happen for an OOC opponent not named Cornell. But given the special circumstances, they just might try and make this work.
I seriously doubt that Cornell would make an exception because of this.

This is just the first of many adjustments that are going to end up being made. It probably doesn't pay for SU to try to react to a single opponent's announcement at this point. I have the feeling we are going to see many more changes between now and the end of the summer.

Jimmy earned his scholarship, he's not giving it up!
Oh, wait that was Buddy.

We're heading to a conference-games only CBB season. Hopefully the situation in January makes that possible.

Can the virus take away a year's worth of sports activities? Seems like its getting closer every day.

This would be fantastic but i suspect the ivy league may cancel their sports for the entire calendar year. They aren't under any pressure to hold these events due to their unique academic standing. That's why i posed the Jimmy transfer question. If the hope is to play as much as possible, why wouldn't he consider it?

These are impossible questions to answer but if we are gonna message board i'm particularly interested for sure since we have a unique situation of various boeheims coaching and playing in CNY

This would be fantastic but i suspect the ivy league may cancel their sports for the entire calendar year. They aren't under any pressure to hold these events due to their unique academic standing. That's why i posed the Jimmy transfer question. If the hope is to play as much as possible, why wouldn't he consider it?

These are impossible questions to answer but if we are gonna message board i'm particularly interested for sure since we have a unique situation of various boeheims coaching and playing in CNY
I guess anything in possible in the wake of a pandemic. But Jimmy feels great loyalty to Cornell. I would guess that if Cornell decided to cancel all sports for this coming year, everyone would get another year of eligibility (even though the Ivies normally do not do this) and Jimmy would elect to stay and finish his eligibility at Cornell the following year.

I think he knows he is not a P5 level player. SU has Marek and Quincy at PF, and probably Robert Braswell too. Griff and Kadary will also play minutes at forward. There is no path for Jimmy to get playing time. It just doesn't make any sense to me.

I guess anything in possible in the wake of a pandemic. But Jimmy feels great loyalty to Cornell. I would guess that if Cornell decided to cancel all sports for this coming year, everyone would get another year of eligibility (even though the Ivies normally do not do this) and Jimmy would elect to stay and finish his eligibility at Cornell the following year.

I think he knows he is not a P5 level player. SU has Marek and Quincy at PF, and probably Robert Braswell too. Griff and Kadary will also play minutes at forward. There is no path for Jimmy to get playing time. It just doesn't make any sense to me.
Jimmy on Boeheim's Army next summer.

Jimmy on Boeheim's Army next summer.
It would be fun to watch the Boeheim brothers playing together in that setting some day. Hope it happens after Buddy is done at SU.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom