No complaints except... | Syracusefan.com

No complaints except...

OrlandoCuse

Living Legend
Younger guys should have gotten more run. Up 20 with 5 minutes to go and half of your front court in foul trouble is more than enough reason to put in the frosh for some PT vs. a quality opponent.

Good thing half the ACC stinks so they will get some playing time over the course of the year.

Coaches choice, he knows whats best.

Ennis with 17,8assists,7rebounds and 4steals. Next highest in rebounds was Fair with 4.
More fouls then minutes in the game 42.

I said the same thing. Don't necessarily empty the bench, but put one in and see what happens. If we maintain the lead, put another one in with 3 to go.

Would have been nice if JB had put in Patterson with 3-4 minutes left. We were up 18-20. It would have meant a lot to Patterson after the way Crean screwed him out of a scholie.

Younger guys should have gotten more run. Up 20 with 5 minutes to go and half of your front court in foul trouble is more than enough reason to put in the frosh for some PT vs. a quality opponent.

Good thing half the ACC stinks so they will get some playing time over the course of the year.

Couldn't agree more - especially with the Patterson situation.

And then sending the guys to the scorer's table with 2:11, not calling timeout, having them come in at :54 on a dead ball, and finally making them run out the clock without getting off a shot?

Not cool.

It had to be done:

I have a Tanner Boyle throwback jersey. First movie was great, an all time classic. Breaking Training was a guilty pleasure, plus I saw it in the movies! I prefer to believe the other BNB movies don't even exist.

Couldn't agree more - especially with the Patterson situation.

And then sending the guys to the scorer's table with 2:11, not calling timeout, having them come in at :54 on a dead ball, and finally making them run out the clock without getting off a shot?

Not cool.

Yeah, I would like to have seen Patterson get some run.

I think if IU wasn't pressing maybe we would have seen them earlier - who knows though. JB has some odd tendencies when it comes to clearing the bench.

I see what you're saying..but let's face it..these are 8 regardless. Whether we're playing VaTech in February or in the Elite 8, JB has made it clear who his 8 players are. Giving Roberson or BJ PT right now in garbage doesn't really do anything for anyone. I love the potential of our freshman, but if any of them are playing meaningful PT it's because we're in serious trouble

I see what you're saying..but let's face it..these are 8 regardless. Whether we're playing VaTech in February or in the Elite 8, JB has made it clear who his 8 players are. Giving Roberson or BJ PT right now in garbage doesn't really do anything for anyone. I love the potential of our freshman, but if any of them are playing meaningful PT it's because we're in serious trouble

Good job of hitting the nail on its head - this was not meaningful PT, therefore give Patterson (espeically because of the IU background) and Roberson some run with 3 or 4 minutes left and up 20. It could have been 3-4 minutes earlier, but JB was giving Silent G some experience in a 3 guard set. The problem for me is that JB almost never uses this type of opportunity to develop the deep bench.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom