No guarantees in life, but | Syracusefan.com

No guarantees in life, but

SU94

Starter
AD Wildhack + $500,000 buyout from Minnesota > AD Coyle.

Who knows how it will all end up, but at present, this appears to be a good transaction for SU.

And this is not meant as a slight on Coyle, who I was quite buoyant about for those 11 months. He's talented, and he made a decision for family reasons. I was bummed at the time, but kudos to Kent, who is the real rock star in the SU equation right now.

SU94 said:
AD Wildhack + $500,000 buyout from Minnesota > AD Coyle. Who knows how it will all end up, but at present, this appears to be a good transaction for SU. And this is not meant as a slight on Coyle, who I was quite buoyant about for those 11 months. He's talented, and he made a decision for family reasons. I was bummed at the time, but kudos to Kent, who is the real rock star in the SU equation right now.

Wildhack >>> Coyle, straight up.

Much better hire. Agree on Kent. He's steering a very big ship in a great direction.

"No guarantees in life, but ..."

Death and taxes. I once asked a former Marine about his service in Iraq and he told me "It is what it is". Not trying to rain on your parade however. Your new AD is a home run for you guys. It is simply amazing ("God bless America") that the last one left in under 12 months - that is almost unheard of. You don't do that for whatever reasons. The quote from SU HC Babers at the ACC meeting "Are you serious? No comment" is still the best response.