No Head, minimal Heart...and lots of HUMILITY | Syracusefan.com

No Head, minimal Heart...and lots of HUMILITY

RoofBeam

2nd String
I don't think SU has the talent to get to the Final Four this year, especially with Mellen gone for the season, the loss of experienced depth due to injuries and Evans just not producing like a 22. But this team has more than a talent deficiency as evidenced by the interviews after this putrid win against a below average team. Starting with the head coach, everyone seemed thankful for the result, emphasizing the "grit" and "determination" the team showed to come away with another one goal victory against a team they should have steam rolled. In addition to the sheer stupidity they displayed play after play they have lost the expectations of excellence. For years now this program has typically been unable to sustain effort for entire games with very few players who exhibit the swagger when it counts. Player development has been uneven and there are a number of athletes who haven't significantly improved during the course of their careers. I think it is time for a major overhaul, beginning with Desko, and we desperately need another Hal Luther to create a higher level of fitness and teach mind's overcoming of matter.

Sign me up for Lars Tiffany. But I'm not sure thats gonna happen now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom