No more excuses | Syracusefan.com

No more excuses

CT I am concerned about the locker room and team chemistry especially after Dino’s on field meeting after the game. I certainly would never ask/want you to say anything that is proprietary but if you have any vague insight to that part of the equation I would love to get your vague thoughts ;)

WMU is not a roll over MAC team. We have no choice but to adapt. Lynch needs to call like his jobs in jeopardy. It very well may be.

Yep and they can score. Their defense is bad however so Lynch and the team need to come out like their heads are on fire

I know Servais dropped some weight in anticipation of playing tackle instead of center for quickness at the tackle position. He dropped quite a bit of weight in fact. Last night #44 for Clemson was lined up at nose guard and he was literally twice as big as Servais. #44 destroyed Servais last night. Heckel is smaller than Servais and quite frankly, that big Lithuanian from Liberty was destroying him while he was in there. Even with Heckel coming back, which I don't think he will anytime soon, the offense line for Syracuse University will still be a work in progress that isn't working.

HCDB is involved in the play calling
But again hard to do things without the big elephants performing let’s see now if we can settle in

That actually makes me more worried now. I assumed he was involved in some way, he clearly likes things done his way but the playcalling this season has not been good.

That actually makes me more worried now. I assumed he was involved in some way, he clearly likes things done his way but the playcalling this season has not been good.
Agreed What. So bad. I even started a post about this very thing. Then I saw another post which said same as mine so I ain’t only one thinking this. Don’t get it.

CT I am concerned about the locker room and team chemistry especially after Dino’s on field meeting after the game. I certainly would never ask/want you to say anything that is proprietary but if you have any vague insight to that part of the equation I would love to get your vague thoughts ;)
This team is tight , tighter than last year and I got that straight from 2 coaches !
Need to block end of story

I know Servais dropped some weight in anticipation of playing tackle instead of center for quickness at the tackle position. He dropped quite a bit of weight in fact. Last night #44 for Clemson was lined up at nose guard and he was literally twice as big as Servais. #44 destroyed Servais last night. Heckel is smaller than Servais and quite frankly, that big Lithuanian from Liberty was destroying him while he was in there. Even with Heckel coming back, which I don't think he will anytime soon, the offense line for Syracuse University will still be a work in progress that isn't working.
I wonder if the Sampson kid would have been our answer ?

Didn’t Sampson have some problems? I wasn’t around during his commitment.

I wonder if the Sampson kid would have been our answer ?
I think he would have helped lots. Unfortunately something that we will never know what, happened and he was no longer coming to Syracuse. That's on Sampson though. Sometimes I wonder about the recruiting this staff does. They went out and recruited Sampson who was a center. Since then, almost two years later, they are still trying to fit square pegs in round holes. They want to put Servais at tackle, but have no true center to switch him. Here's a hint, Go find one. You did it once, go do it again. Just not one with issues. I feel very sorry for Tommy. He needs the offensive line to give him more than 1.5 seconds. I have confidence in him that he will lead this team to a successful season . Go Orange!!!!

I think he would have helped lots. Unfortunately something that we will never know what, happened and he was no longer coming to Syracuse. That's on Sampson though. Sometimes I wonder about the recruiting this staff does. They went out and recruited Sampson who was a center. Since then, almost two years later, they are still trying to fit square pegs in round holes. They want to put Servais at tackle, but have no true center to switch him. Here's a hint, Go find one. You did it once, go do it again. Just not one with issues. I feel very sorry for Tommy. He needs the offensive line to give him more than 1.5 seconds. I have confidence in him that he will lead this team to a successful season . Go Orange!!!!
If recruiting was that easy Georgia wouldn’t have 100 interns pouring over film and every time wouldn’t have any holes in their teams.
I’m sure the team has tired to find centers. We have two hurt right now. Can’t really blame this on recruiting.

If recruiting was that easy Georgia wouldn’t have 100 interns pouring over film and every time wouldn’t have any holes in their teams.
I’m sure the team has tired to find centers. We have two hurt right now. Can’t really blame this on recruiting.
To the best of my knowledge, none of the offensive lineman on that team were recruited as centers. None, Sampson would have been the first one.

Can you elaborate on the on field meeting after the game? This is the first I’ve heard about this? We’re fans still In the stands?

Can you elaborate on the on field meeting after the game? This is the first I’ve heard about this? We’re fans still In the stands?

What was Dino’s on field meeting after the game?

For me, I am disappointed with the loss and our lack of offense, but I remain hopeful that over the next 4 weeks (up to the NC State game) Dino the staff, and the team can iron all these issues out and get the arrow pointed North. The first step up begins Saturday against WMU, and we'll know for sure what we have when the gun sounds at the end of the NC State game.

This team is tight , tighter than last year and I got that straight from 2 coaches !
Need to block end of story

I believe that.

I do suspect that the individual accountability has dropped though. I don’t smell the player leadership we’ve had the past two years from the senior class.

I believe that.

I do suspect that the individual accountability has dropped though. I don’t smell the player leadership we’ve had the past two years from the senior class.
I can’t comment on everything but trust me what people think from last year is far from the truth I’m gonna leave it at that . Let’s blocj , tackle and make good descions and we will be alright

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom