No such thing as bad press... | Syracusefan.com

No such thing as bad press...

texascpa

Living Legend
I think that's the saying.

We can bitch and moan all we want about Marrone not taking Nassib, making him look bad or whatever, but when is the last time SU got so much press during the draft? McNabb? And I don't care if there was hem and hawing Thursday/Friday morning, we were being talked about. Hell, I can't remember the last time SU was being talked about on the Mike and Mike morning show. Can you?

- SU got a lot of media attention Thursday through Saturday. A LOT.

- Extensive coverage of Nassib after he was selected, the debate between Dilfer and Jaws on his throwing motion

- an ESPN production only for certain individuals, one of which was Nassib (the one where they show him in the faux locker room)

- ESPN showed Pugh's in-home reaction today and made mention about the spontaneity and "real" reaction.

- He and Pugh are going to the largest media market in the world that will give them and SU greater exposure

- SU's exposure comes in a key recruiting area

- The exposure was around, arguably, the most key position in football - QB. We are no longer a wasteland school for good QB play and draftable QBs.

So, let the media overplay Buffalo picking over Nassib. I for one was ecstatic every time I turned on the draft the experts inevitably mentioned Syracuse.

Very good post. Having our guys go to the Giants is huge. With Sham going to Pitt that also helps. We did get great exposure and it will only help

I think that's the saying.

We can bitch and moan all we want about Marrone not taking Nassib, making him look bad or whatever, but when is the last time SU got so much press during the draft? McNabb? And I don't care if there was hem and hawing Thursday/Friday morning, we were being talked about. Hell, I can't remember the last time SU was being talked about on the Mike and Mike morning show. Can you?

- SU got a lot of media attention Thursday through Saturday. A LOT.

- Extensive coverage of Nassib after he was selected, the debate between Dilfer and Jaws on his throwing motion

- an ESPN production only for certain individuals, one of which was Nassib (the one where they show him in the faux locker room)

- ESPN showed Pugh's in-home reaction today and made mention about the spontaneity and "real" reaction.

- He and Pugh are going to the largest media market in the world that will give them and SU greater exposure

- SU's exposure comes in a key recruiting area

- The exposure was around, arguably, the most key position in football - QB. We are no longer a wasteland school for good QB play and draftable QBs.

So, let the media overplay Buffalo picking over Nassib. I for one was ecstatic every time I turned on the draft the experts inevitably mentioned Syracuse.
Also, chances of success are are better at NYG and Pitt. Buffalo, well they give a coach 3 years and then get a new one, not a great model for player development.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom