Noel and Georgetown | Syracusefan.com

Noel and Georgetown

masc23

Walk On
All someone needs to do is show a video to Noel of the game at Georgetown a few years ago where their arena was overrun by orange fans. That is all that needs to be said about why he would be crazy to pick them over us.

Georgetown's glory days ended when big John left and he is not coming back.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

All someone needs to do is show a video to Noel of the game at Georgetown a few years ago where their arena was overrun by orange fans. That is all that needs to be said about why he would be crazy to pick them over us.

Georgetown's glory days ended when big John left and he is not coming back.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

actually, the last few years of big john were not very glorious either.

however, if noel does not wear orange, i would rather see him at GT than kentucky.
Calamari and Kentucky represent everything wrong with college basketball. GT plays by the rules. Plus, even Noel will not help bring a championship to Georgetown.

Can someone list a reason Noel would go to Georgetown?

Big man legacy, great academics, DC is an awesome city, and let us not forget they were top 10-15 most of the year so it's not like they are miles beneath us in terms of recent success. They are behind us, yes, but not as far as some like to think.

Big man legacy, great academics, DC is an awesome city, and let us not forget they were top 10-15 most of the year so it's not like they are miles beneath us in terms of recent success. They are behind us, yes, but not as far as some like to think.
Big man legacy of GTown is about the most overrated thing on the planet. Ewing and Mourning were great coming in, they weren't developed. Noel is one and done so academics is a minor concern at most, DC is a crime infested dump that reelected a coke snorting crook as mayor, and their best players from their first round losing team will be gone, Noel would be carrying them. He's good enough to have them in the top 15-25 by himself. But he's have a REAL NC shot here (or UK to be fair, although I think our team without Noel is better than UK's without Noel).

I apologize in advance for the flaming here Jekelish, feel free the flame back, but it's how I really feel, brother.
Big man legacy, Soryry I don't get this. Sweet, they had 3 GREAT centers in the 1980s, before NN was even born. and JT3 never even coached them. great academics, He's a 1 and done. Last thing on his mind is graduating from a prestigious national university. If anything he should consider what school would be easiest so he can remain eligible (Fab) and focus 100% on basketball. This favors UK IMO. DC is an awesome city, He's gonna spend 98% of his time on campus and in the gym. Yes DC is 10x better than downtown Syracuse, but it's not like the Hill is a one bar village in the middle of hicktown. Just ask the guys on the team now they seem to have a blast at Chucks, Harry's Faegans etc. and let us not forget they were top 10-15 most of the year so it's not like they are miles beneath us in terms of recent success. They are behind us, yes, but not as far as some like to think. Syracuse with Noel is preseason #1 IMO, Georgetown with Noel is preseason #15 IMO. yes I think there is a significant difference in talent outside of Noel.

I never said there's not a talent gap. But I think Georgetown is still better overall than many want to believe. And he has mentioned academics, as it relates to his mom, so yes, I think they do play a role. Also, they had three great centers, yes, but JT3 has coached two of the top young big men in the NBA (Monroe and Hibbert).

As far as bars, etc, you don't need to tell me about the virtues of bars on the hill. Lord knows I spent more than my share of time in them when I was at SU (RIP, Darwin's). But I think DC is a terrific city, for more reasons than the bars. The culture there is top notch.

At the end of the day it will probably be a business decision. What's best for his long term basketball career? He can say the quality of school is important, but that could also be PR. What's he supposed to say?

Reporter: "Nerlens, does the quality of the institution matter in your decision?"
NN: "Nah, I don't care."

That said, I still like our chances :noidea:

We can't neglect how NN may feel about JT III. We may not like or appreciate JT III, but the Noel family
might. I would love to have him here, but if not, I hope he is happy wherever he goes.

At the end of the day it will probably be a business decision. What's best for his long term basketball career? He can say the quality of school is important, but that could also be PR. What's he supposed to say?

Reporter: "Nerlens, does the quality of the institution matter in your decision?"
NN: "Nah, I don't care."

That said, I still like our chances :noidea:

Thats RIGHT EC. Let's just be optimistic until we hear otherwise on Wednesday. No use beating ourselves up, before we even know what the answer is...

There are several legitimate reasons for going to all three schools. This board, however, wants to immediately dismiss ones that don't involve coming to SU.

There are several legitimate reasons for going to all three schools. This board, however, wants to immediately dismiss ones that don't involve coming to SU.
I acknowledge that, but I think some of these reasons are just made up to make conversation

NN's mom liked the Thompsons. They are probably very good at assuring they will take good care of her son. Don't underestimate the power of a mom to influence the decision.

I never said there's not a talent gap. But I think Georgetown is still better overall than many want to believe. And he has mentioned academics, as it relates to his mom, so yes, I think they do play a role. Also, they had three great centers, yes, but JT3 has coached two of the top young big men in the NBA (Monroe and Hibbert).

As far as bars, etc, you don't need to tell me about the virtues of bars on the hill. Lord knows I spent more than my share of time in them when I was at SU (RIP, Darwin's). But I think DC is a terrific city, for more reasons than the bars. The culture there is top notch.

Coming from someone who has lived in both cities, Syracuse can't hold a candle to Washington. I would think that this disparity is felt even more by someone who is a minority.

Noel was only 9 years old when we won our National Championship...so although we like to think of ourselves as having a more recent history of success than Gtown, both theirs and ours may be ancient history to a 17 year old. Georgetown has been to a Final Four more recently than Syracuse, making it there in 2007.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom