Noel and Twitter | Syracusefan.com

Noel and Twitter

cusegodz44

Walk On
Are UK or Gtown fans doing the same, or is it just us?

Theoretically yes, especially if some of these people tweeting him are SU donors, patrons, etc. Really tough for the schools to protect against this though, as it's just too open of a forum.

Who's to say these people are who they say they are...

Could the program get in any trouble with all the fans tweeting Noel to come to Syracuse? Or with involving current players in tweeting Noel?

Just curious, because Noel just retweeted a video of a little kid telling Nerelens to come to Syracuse.

I don't think the NCAA rules that work in a world with Twitter have been written yet.

The NCAA is really going to have to figure out what's permissible and what's not with how open social media is. Think of how pissed off some AD would be if an ignorant fan broke a rule he/she didn't even know existed. How fair is that? Add in that season ticket holders are technically patrons and donors to Syracuse (and some "donate" quite a bit to maintain a block of season tickets).

The NCAA is really going to have to figure out what's permissible and what's not with how open social media is. Think of how pissed off some AD would be if an ignorant fan broke a rule he/she didn't even know existed. How fair is that? Add in that season ticket holders are technically patrons and donors to Syracuse (and some "donate" quite a bit to maintain a block of season tickets).

I think that the idea that the NCAA could control communications with a recruit that are "made on behalf of a University" is a thing of the past.

With all that is alleged to go on to give recruits and players various inducements, it really makes me wonder how soft the various professional sports salary caps are??

Could the program get in any trouble with all the fans tweeting Noel to come to Syracuse? Or with involving current players in tweeting Noel?

Just curious, because Noel just retweeted a video of a little kid telling Nerelens to come to Syracuse.

Here is the retweet with video:

Andy @MottzThoughts

@NerlensNoel3 Haha did you see the video of the little kid to you ?http://yfrog.com/jtyahz
Retweeted by Nerlens Noel

"Representatives of a university" aren't supposed to directly contact a recruit. Million dollar question is whether the NCAA takes the position that posters tweeting to Noel are Representatives of a university. I wouldn't be surprised if the NCAA takes that position.

UK fans tweet him all the time. I'm sure Georgetown fans would too, if they existed.

I have not tweeted with Nerlens. However if he were to committ to syracuse that could very well change.

Yes the could but no they probably wouldn't but someone is going to be made an example of. The NCAA does have rules that do apply to social media and SU frequently reminds donors of those rules.

Wait until he signs please

Unless you're a celebrity with a verified twitter handle, there is no way to prove who tweeted who. I can create a twitter name UKsuperDonor and on my page say I'm Bubba Jenkins the million dollar UK donor (who might exist) and then tweet all recruits I want. NCAA has no way to verify identity online.

I have not tweeted with Nerlens. However if he were to committ to syracuse that could very well change.

so in a game of one on one..what would be the vegas line between yourself and Noel?