Noel says he had to talk his mom into UK.. | Syracusefan.com

Noel says he had to talk his mom into UK..

His mother must of really hated us. Screw you Nerlens, screw you.

Wow. Would rather have been GTown than us in the 2nd for sure, that would suck to hear that.

Makes me believe his "wanting to be his own person thing" was bs...

Should change his name to: Nerlens Lebron Davis-Noel

Makes me believe his "wanting to be his own person thing" was bs...

Should change his name to: Nerlens Lebron Davis-Noel
Can't hate on the kid for his decision. UK probably made the most sense whether we like it or not.

Good for him. Glad he got what he wanted rather than succumb to mom's will. Probably what he meant by "Shock the World".

Can't hate on the kid for his decision. UK probably made the most sense whether we like it or not.

Don't hate him...just lost some respect for him. He said he wanted to be his own person and not be compared to Anthony Davis...however what will happen at UK? Also, during his "announcement" he used the phrase "I am going to take my talents to..."...Sound familiar? UK is probably the best place for him, no PT competition and legit shot at NC. Just don't like his actions which were opposite of some of the things he had been saying.

If you read the link to the ESPN article it reveals how several recruits were undecided very late in the process, or actually changed their minds at the very end, like Kyle Anderson. In other words, no different from the NN situation, except the absence of illegal payment allegations.

Don't hate him...just lost some respect for him. He said he wanted to be his own person and not be compared to Anthony Davis...however what will happen at UK? Also, during his "announcement" he used the phrase "I am going to take my talents to..."...Sound familiar? UK is probably the best place for him, no PT competition and legit shot at NC. Just don't like his actions which were opposite of some of the things he had been saying.

Yeah, I'm surprised that wasn't played up more.

As for the statements about not being another Anthony Davis, this could be viewed as being in line with Brandon Ashley's comments about players getting bored with the recruiting process and wanting to mix things up for shits n' giggles.

Noel made it quite clear that he wanted to play a lot and have a shot at an NC. He was not going to play as much here as GTown or UK. He was not going to have a shot at an NC at GTown. He will have the opportunity to have both at UK. It's really pretty easy to see why he made the decision he did.
Mom likely thought JTIII was nicer than Calamari.

Hate to burst peeps bubbles or delusions. Kentucky will have no where near the run they did this year. Lightning in a bottle and Noel isnt Davis

Lost a ton of respect for the kid. I guess most of us might go for the cash too. Most of these high level elite dudes are nothing more than mercenaries.

Why lose respect for the kid? He made his choice and will be interesting to see how it works out. He's certainly got big shoes to fill but perhaps he can pull it off.

From an offensive standpoint, NN is not as good as Davis. "Experts" say he is a better shot blocker than Davis. UK won't be as good as this year, but they will be a force to reckon with. Main thing is that NN gets all the floor time he wants. NC is a wild card at best as we know from experience.

Why lose respect for the kid? He made his choice and will be interesting to see how it works out. He's certainly got big shoes to fill but perhaps he can pull it off.
I'm with you. The kid had three viable options and no doubt he and his family had to weigh many factors in making the decision. None of us will ever know the whole story behind his choice. Only one fanbase was going to be happy with the result, and it wasn't us this time. Being angry with the kid or his family, or losing respect for him or hoping he falls on his face at Kentucky seems pretty ridiculous.

I'm with you. The kid had three viable options and no doubt he and his family had to weigh many factors in making the decision. None of us will ever know the whole story behind his choice. Only one fanbase was going to be happy with the result, and it wasn't us this time. Being angry with the kid or his family, or losing respect for him or hoping he falls on his face at Kentucky seems pretty ridiculous.
Really? Is it because Kentucky is such a credible institution? I would lose respect for my Mother if she went to work at the Bunny Ranch...Its the same thing

Really? Is it because Kentucky is such a credible institution? I would lose respect for my Mother if she went to work at the Bunny Ranch...Its the same thing
No, it's because I see things in shades of gray. But if you want to demonize every recruit that chooses a school other than SU, go for it.

ESPNINsider just did a question to recruits on who was the close second. Interestingly NN said GT but the reason really bothers me was it was reported that NN liked 'Cuse because of family atmosphere, MCW was here, respect for JB..and yet he says the following?

"The school that came in second for me was … “Georgetown. My mom really liked them a lot. She was sold on them. She loved how family-oriented they were and, like I said in my blog, my mom’s opinion was what mattered most to me. We had to sit down and talk and I had to really get her to take a longer look at Kentucky. Then when she did she started to like them a lot, too. But it was pretty close, man. It was pretty close.”

All of a sudden its GT with a family atmosphere that mom really liked...what family atmosphere...JT3 and JT2...10,000 areana...why not be truthful and say it like a man...GT had no SCANDLES and all the playing time I wanted was there...doesnt appear 'CUSE was in the running for a long time.

Hate to burst peeps bubbles or delusions. Kentucky will have no where near the run they did this year. Lightning in a bottle and Noel isnt Davis

Lost a ton of respect for the kid. I guess most of us might go for the cash too. Most of these high level elite dudes are nothing more than mercenaries.

I'm not surprised and haven't lost respect for him...

Look at it this way... Cuse has another McD's AA coming in at Center in Coleman, a soph McD's center in Christmas and an improved/viable and experienced backup at center in Keita...

Where would NN get the least playing time of the three schools?

It's likely as simple as that... and you can't blame a kid for that... it is what it is.

The only reason we were on the list is we are who we are and MCW gave him some good armtwisting...

At the end of the day, we are the least likely fit for a player that wants a shot at a NC and get the most playing time possible in a one-and-done season.

Kentuckee was the perfect fit or what he wants.

Is what it is.

The taking my talents line was pretty stupid. I almost wonder if ESPN put him up to it.

She was easily convinced once he showed her how much was in the duffel bag.

She was easily convinced once he showed her how much was in the duffel bag.
Yup. His mother wanted Gtown, yet Noels CONVINCES her to like UK...which she change to like a lot. Hmm

If my Mother likes something and I change her mind..did I really care about her opinion to begin with? lol Cash money, 4 #1 classes in a row. This didn't happen before Slime bag, you draw the conclusions

if you want to hate on someone, hate on melo... yes, I believe the UK NC helped push UK over the top...

Personally if I was on the outside and I was comparing a school getting tons of press all year long, tons of love for each player on the team, and tons of media attention on how those players were going to probably win the NC and go to the NBA ...... VS...... a school that was getting nothing but negative press, child abuse, weird sex stories of past players banging a stiff of a wife, strange drug violations, and then suspending your own player a 2nd time... all while being #2 all year and not really getting any positive attention for the hard work put in by the players... well, my decision would be easy.

Pretty much everything he said leading up to his decision was a lie. Have no more respect for the kid.

I posted this a few days ago and I really think my buddy was spot on

According to my buddy this is his take he could be wrong but I thought it was interesting
Noel –it was his AAU coach that wanted him to go to Syracuse just like he did with Carter-Williams. Noel apparently was goning to go to UK or G’Town the whole time and always had UK on top. Sounds like G’Twon and Cuse were basically a pipedream , the mother wanted G'Town an AAU coach wanted SU and He wanted something different.