Noel to 2012 | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Noel to 2012

Why? Would he rather sit on the bench and waste a year and get out of college once he gets his degree?

The question is why would we keep him around another year the way we are recruiting. Just saying its rare that JB red-shirts guys that aren't injured. That may change a bit if we keep recruiting the way we have and run into another Cooney situation. Was Gorman the last guy since Cooney to red-shirt without being injured?

I know I am dreaming on this because there is no way that Noels comes here unless Fab bolts to the NBA, but......

Fab (C)
Noels (PF)
DC2 (SF)
Triche (SG)
MCW (PG)

This equals National Championship. If Dion (highly unlikely) came back, we would go undefeated!

Now back to reality.

I think Noel is a silent verbal. Why else did Mookie mysteriously leave the team? I think the coaches knew he was interested and told Mookie it was time to move on.

Noel will make it public after his official visit this weekend. I can feel it.

And you're never wrong? :rolleyes:

Why? Would he rather sit on the bench and waste a year and get out of college once he gets his degree?
Not Boeheim's MO and you never know when you're going to need depth.

Because a 23 year old Keita should be significantly better than a 21 year old Keita.

The question is why would we keep him around another year the way we are recruiting. Just saying its rare that JB red-shirts guys that aren't injured. That may change a bit if we keep recruiting the way we have and run into another Cooney situation. Was Gorman the last guy since Cooney to red-shirt without being injured?
You kind of answered your own question. This is probably the best JB has ever recruited and we've gotten to a point where we have more players than minutes to give. Think about those mid 2000's teams where we struggled to play 7, that's why JB never non-medical redshirted anyone.

Also, all our big guys (sans BMK) look like they won't be here 4 years, so there will be a time that we need BMK later down the line. Noel is 1 year, Fab is 1 more year at the most, Rak is probably 1-2 more years, Coleman is probably 1-2 years. We could go into 2012 with all 4 and then go into 2014 with none of them. BMK would be a redshirted senior at that point.

Not Boeheim's MO and you never know when you're going to need depth.

JB just did it with Cooney. And if SU has either Fab or Noel, plus DC2 and Rak, that's 3 bigs. Red shirting BMK would make a lot of sense. BMK would be better with more time. And BMK looks to be a 4 year guy, might as well use those years in his role as backup center, not as the third or fourth center. With Fab/Noel, and DC2, along Rak, next year would seem like a year in which BMK would hardly be used.

I would like to see the rise in recruiting being used to the advantage long term also. Extending the 4 year guys time by redshirting does that. I think we will see benefits of that with Cooney. And I would like to see it done with BMK.

If both Fab and Noel are not with SU next year then we should roll with BMK at his backup center position next year. One of the plusses of getting Fab or Noel would be getting to extend the use of BMK via redshirt.

JB just did it with Cooney. And if SU has either Fab or Noel, plus DC2 and Rak, that's 3 bigs. Red shirting BMK would make a lot of sense. BMK would be better with more time. And BMK looks to be a 4 year guy, might as well use those years in his role as backup center, not as the third or fourth center. With Fab/Noel, and DC2, along Rak, next year would seem like a year in which BMK would hardly be used.

I would like to see the rise in recruiting being used to the advantage long term also. Extending the 4 year guys time by redshirting does that. I think we will see benefits of that with Cooney. And I would like to see it done with BMK.

If both Fab and Noel are not with SU next year then we should roll with BMK at his backup center position next year. One of the plusses of getting Fab or Noel would be getting to extend the use of BMK via redshirt.

Cooney is/was a freshman guard who was never going to play. BMK is going to be a Jr. next season with 2 years of experience in the system. You're talking two totally different circumstances.(When Scoop redshirted after his freshman year it was because of an injury.)

(When Scoop redshirted after his freshman year it was because of an injury.)

It was? I always thought that was the "reason" given but not the real reason...

I don't see anyway bmk redshirts.

As difficult as it is to realize, BMK is getting recruited over. That is what good teams do. There is nothing a shirt is going to do for him at this point (theoretically we will just keep recruiting over him...like Mookie).

It was? I always thought that was the "reason" given but not the real reason...

He did have a legit stress fracture that he played the end of the prior season with and that would have healed n time to play a good portion of his soph season but we had Jonny, Devo, Andy and Paul if needed to play the gard spots that season. So he redshirted because of injury but I think also to an some degree because he wasn't going to play as much that season as he did as a freshman.

Cooney is/was a freshman guard who was never going to play. BMK is going to be a Jr. next season with 2 years of experience in the system. You're talking two totally different circumstances.(When Scoop redshirted after his freshman year it was because of an injury.)

Yes, but before Cooney did it, I don't think a top 150 healthy player ever redshirted at SU. So, new things are being employed during this new improved recruiting spree.

If Noel, DC2, and Rak are here next year, BMK would be a luxury. Similar to Cooney being a luxury since Scoop came back. It would be a smart long term benefit if SU were able to hold off a year for BMK. BMK is and will be a very serviceable backup center, an extra year will only make him better. It would be kind of a waste of a year to use him as the 3rd or 4th center.

It's a great side benefit to be able to extend the years of the good players while sprinkling in the one or two and doners.

Yes, but before Cooney did it, I don't think a top 150 healthy player ever redshirted at SU. So, new things are being employed during this new improved recruiting spree.

If Noel, DC2, and Rak are here next year, BMK would be a luxury. Similar to Cooney being a luxury since Scoop came back. It would be a smart long term benefit if SU were able to hold off a year for BMK. BMK is and will be a very serviceable backup center, an extra year will only make him better. It would be kind of a waste of a year to use him as the 3rd or 4th center.

It's a great side benefit to be able to extend the years of the good players while sprinkling in the one or two and doners.
Baye also could stand to put on some weight. He could if he hung around with me.

someone correct me if I am wrong but I am 99.9% sure that unless you are a freshmen you CANNOT take a non-medical redshirt

someone correct me if I am wrong but I am 99.9% sure that unless you are a freshmen you CANNOT take a non-medical redshirt

You can RS whenever

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was confusing myself, what I was thinking of is that only freshmen can play in exhibition games and still redshirt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom