Noel | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Noel

On Camby, do we know when he was first recruited by UMass? Maybe he was recruiting him when he was a 3 star, for all we know.

I don't think Joey Dorsey was that highly rated of a recruit, he made the league.

Anyway, now Cal really doesn't need to do that. He can get mcdonalds AA anytime he wants to. Why shouldn't he?

I think with all the services out there the identification of the cream of the crop does not look difficult. The A Davis and N Noels of the world are pretty common knowledge. And you don't turn your nose up at them because they might not fit in your system. You adapt your system to fit them, and I think JB does a great job of that.

Recruiting the 4 year players, the ones who will not start right away, is an undervalued skill. Extrapolating the growth, attitude, and maturation of a player is tough to do, but can pay big dividends if done correctly. In these instances I think judging how they fit may come into play. And this fit is as much mental as physical. These players are going to have to work and perfect their skills to fit the role in front of them. It's great to see these players evolve.

I think I wrote this wrong because people seem to not understand what I meant. Boeheim was talking about being able to be in the running for his targeted guys...not an evaluation but the top guys that he wanted. For example getting one of the top 5 recruits in the country like Owens, Coleman, Melo, and Noel. I understand what the services say and rank I am just talking about Boeheim and the fact that he wanted to be a guy that can select who he wants and having 3 or 4 star guys wanting to come here and waiting for a scholarship offer is someone at the selector stage.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom