Nolan Cooney is not returning | Syracusefan.com

Nolan Cooney is not returning

kick it 35 yds every time , dont drop snaps and thats all you ask for a punter. if you get more than that, sometimes its too much

Nah, we need a good punter to make up for our other deficiencies.
Nah we need to get better where we're deficient.

Punter solves the wrong problem.

A good punter can be worth 50 to 100 yards a game.
Yeah it inflates the yardage totals for the other team because they have more field to work with.

Very good punter. Better person. Everything you want to see in a Syracuse athlete. He will be successful in whatever field he chooses to pursue. I wish him great success.

I believe he was also our holder for PATs and FGs and our kickoff guy. Did really well at all 3 things.

James will probably be asked to replace him in all 3 areas. They like to have the holder be a punter since the special teams guys practice on their own a lot.

I am sure there will be a couple of strong walk on punters competing for the job as well. Our track record here has to be attractive to top notch HS punters.

Thanks for all you have done for the SU football program Nolan (and for being willing to talk about getting cancer so young/serving as a role model for kids with cancer).

Babers has his excuses for next year. How many teams lost their special teams coordinator, a guy who may or may not have gotten playing time as a RB or WR, and a punter? ;)

Don’t we have a “5*” punter/kicker waiting in the wings?

This guy

Cooney did an excellent job for us, but it’s not like we don’t have a replacement for him, who may be even better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom