Noon Wednesday vs Wake | Syracusefan.com

Noon Wednesday vs Wake

I dont think you could ask for a better first 2 games.

Nope. Plus even though Wake may have been holding back a little- we are a bad matchup for them just like we are for NCS.

Nope. Plus even though Wake may have been holding back a little- we are a bad matchup for them just like we are for NCS.
And even worse for Miami, Duke will be massive roadblock but this could be the first run to the semis we see.

seems like we are do a decent shooting game at some point.. even today had we shot 3s just decent or made Fts it would never been in doubt the 2nd half..

Wake shot poorly from 3 but we shot really poorly. Chris and joe 2-13 and mostly really open looks.

Thing that worries me is playing the same team after just beating them.

I worry the same.. then again outside of Jesse and moments from Judah we were pretty meh. Wake is basically NC State light in that they lack anyone like Burns.

I also worry less in that our post season starts Wednesday anyway. Nothing points to us in the NIT...

Elizabeth Banks Game Shows GIF by ABC Network

shows us the lack of depth of the ACC that this team , that couldnt shoot, couldnt rebound, and couldnt stop the 3 the end of the season finish 8th..

We could have easily found those 4 wins to be 14-6/21-10 and still be wanting to get to the ncaas

shows us the lack of depth of the ACC that this team , that couldnt shoot, couldnt rebound, and couldnt stop the 3 the end of the season finish 8th..

We could have easily found those 4 wins to be 14-6/21-10 and still be wanting to get to the ncaas

Will be an interesting tourney this year. Could very easily end up an SEC/BIG 12 challenge or the biggest busted bracket in tourney history...

I think playing lights out and coming back and doing it again when you are not an elite team is hard.. Playing just avg and coming back and winning is easier.. We had guys with nice games but really the easiest guy the on the floor do duplicate a nice game is a center making layups. Unless of course Wake goes off and hits 40% from 3 shooting 40.. But even that we ight still have won today..

I think playing lights out and coming back and doing it again when you are not an elite team is hard.. Playing just avg and coming back and winning is easier.. We had guys with nice games but really the easiest guy the on the floor do duplicate a nice game is a center making layups. Unless of course Wake goes off and hits 40% from 3 shooting 40.. But even that we ight still have won today..

Plus Wake is just a bad defensive team not much better than us statistically.

Those first two matchups are extremely winnable if Jesse comes to play. Obviously others need to play well but we’re only going on a run if he dominates Wake and Miami.

It’s doable. Brand new season let’s have some fun.

I worry the same.. then again outside of Jesse and moments from Judah we were pretty meh. Wake is basically NC State light in that they lack anyone like Burns.

I also worry less in that our post season starts Wednesday anyway. Nothing points to us in the NIT...
I think a run to the ACC tournament championship gives us a good shot at getting in the NIT tournament.

Thing that worries me is playing the same team after just beating them.
I don't know. I guess we will see what kind of a coach Steve Forbes is.

Their bigs were in foul trouble and they didn't have much depth. Our zone was very active-11 steals in the first half. Should be a good first round game.

If we get to Duke….they will be a problem.

I'm just happy we are avoiding UVA. I have zero confidence in our ability to beat them but Miami really doesn't intimidate me at all.
Well hopefully we get to play Miami. And I wouldn't underestimate Miami at all. Even though we matchup pretty good with them, they still won the conference and had some pretty good wins including by over 20 vs Duke.

We just need to play smart vs Wake and not be afraid to pound the lane. And, of course, be very active on defense.

Is Monsanto out for the rest of the year? Wake is a much better team when he’s playing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom