Noon Wednesday vs Wake | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Noon Wednesday vs Wake

Yep. That's a game you need Joe and Bell to get hot from the outside. Need an unexpected career game from one or more. If we get there..
We need a break and need them to get knocked off.

Or we need to somehow play out if our minds and pull off a “2006 BET UConn game” to knock them off.

Well hopefully we get to play Miami. And I wouldn't underestimate Miami at all. Even though we matchup pretty good with them, they still won the conference and had some pretty good wins including by over 20 vs Duke.

We just need to play smart vs Wake and not be afraid to pound the lane. And, of course, be very active on defense.
No doubt. I think the Wake game should be more or less a coin flip.

Another factor that could come into play if fouls get called on Jesse. I thought we got the benefit of a couple non calls on Jesse yesterday that could have easily had him with 4 fouls which would definitely change his game. WF was the team with big man foul trouble yetserday but that could easily go the other way.
LGO

If we get to Duke….they will be a problem.
I'd be fine with that scenario. That'd be semi-finals which SU hasn't advanced to yet in the ACC. Even back in the Big East days I considered it a success to make it to the most fun day of that tourney, the Friday night semis. Anything after that is gravy.

I expect Wake to change up their defense and double Jesse.
It will be interesting to see how this plays out. If we beat Wake it will likely be because Jesse dominates again. I think this is a good match up for SU, all things considered. Especially with Monsanto out. I will be surprised if Wake does not try to double Jesse. Hopefully, we are game planning for that.

IF we beat Wake, I like the match up with Miami (relatively speaking) for the same reason. Miami will put up a ton of points against us.

Duke has more talent, size, and depth at all 5 spots than anyone in the ACC. I will be very surprised if they don't win the ACCT.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out. If we beat Wake it will likely be because Jesse dominates again. I think this is a good match up for SU, all things considered. Especially with Monsanto out. I will be surprised if Wake does not try to double Jesse. Hopefully, we are game planning for that.

IF we beat Wake, I like the match up with Miami (relatively speaking) for the same reason. Miami will put up a ton of points against us.

Duke has more talent, size, and depth at all 5 spots than anyone in the ACC. I will be very surprised if they don't win the ACCT.
I don’t think we play Duke. We’ll play Pitt. You heard it here first!!

I don’t know how anyone could be surprised by Duke not winning, it’s not like they dominated the league.

Elizabeth Banks Game Shows GIF by ABC Network
Anything with Elizabeth Banks gets a like from me.

Last edited:
It seems when Jesse plays well Cuse plays well. Wake and Miami don't have (as JB says) physical centers. Like those first two potential matchups. After that, we will see how cards fall. One game at a time. Need to take care of Wake first. Anything is possible! Cuse baby

It seems when Jesse plays well Cuse plays well. Wake and Miami don't have (as JB says) physical centers. Like those first two potential matchups. After that, we will see how cards fall. One game at a time. Need to take care of Wake first. Anything is possible! Cuse baby
Maybe Jesse's parents are staying stateside to attend the ACCT?
Worked last game.

Kenpom predictions for likelyhood of reaching each round of ACC tourney

Kenpom predictions for likelyhood of reaching each round of ACC tourney

38% to beat wake?!! Kenpom losing all credibility unless I’m missing something. Vegas will have it a pickem

I hate the back to back games with Wake. Both teams were horrible from 3 but Wake took a lot of bad shots - I know that is how Appleby plays but yikes. My worry is he has a much better shooting day and they double Jesse and shadow Joe and we can't get 3's. Bell and or Benny is going to get looks from deep.

Considering driving out for the game tomorrow. With all the news I figured I should go see them one more time.

Do we know what bench Syracuse will sit on?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom