Noone is beating Oregon this year | Syracusefan.com

Noone is beating Oregon this year

they are the loyola marymount of football

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

Yeah impressive job giving up more points to USC than Syracuse did

Well then hopefully it happens so we can make a friendly wager

I agree they are very fast. Definitely the fastest team outside of the SEC and would be right up there in the SEC. I've been hoping for this match-up all season so if anything ruins that I'm going to be very upset.

I agree they are very fast. Definitely the fastest team outside of the SEC and would be right up there in the SEC. I've been hoping for this match-up all season so if anything ruins that I'm going to be very upset.

Well if Kansas State doesnt lose you can forget that idea because Oregon will never jump them.

Alabama cannot keep up with them. It would be a rout.

Auburn did a pretty good job two years ago.

From 2006-2010 an SEC team beat a non-SEC team for the naitonal championship. They averaged giving up 24 points per game less than their opponent normally scored while scoring 16 more than their oppoent typically gave up:

2006 Ohio State scored 36, gave up 10 pergame and lost to Florida 14-41.
2007 Ohio State 32-14, lost 24-38 to LSU.
2008 Oklahoma, (a team that greatly resembled this Oregon team) 54-26, lost 14-24 to Florida.
2009 Texas 41-15, lost 21-37 to Alabama.
2010 Oregon 49-18, lost to Auburn 19-22.

Auburn did a pretty good job two years ago.

Auburn had Cam Newton. Alabama does not.

This Oregon team is head and shoulders better than the team 2 years ago.

Don't underestimate how good Bama's defense is. It's hard to generate any type of offense with the defensive line pushing into the backfield on every play.

Auburn had Cam Newton. Alabama does not.

This Oregon team is head and shoulders better than the team 2 years ago.

He didn't play defense.

He didn't play defense.

The team speed on this years squad is off the charts. Their qb is head and shoulders better than what they had 2 years ago. I honestly don't see how Alabama...if they fall behind...could even begin to keep up. Barkley did everything he could and still got beat by double digits despite putting up 50+.

The team speed on this years squad is off the charts. Their qb is head and shoulders better than what they had 2 years ago. I honestly don't see how Alabama...if they fall behind...could even begin to keep up. Barkley did everything he could and still got beat by double digits despite putting up 50+.

Their problem against Auburn wasn't that the quarterback stunk. The problem was they couldn't get Nick Fairly blocked.

Hopefully we'll get a chance to find out what would happen this year. I think that's the most interesitng match-up. Of course Alabama and Oregon face conference title games and Kansas State and Notre Dame do not.

I think we'll get a read on how good Bama's defense is when they play A&M. A&M is not at Oregons level but they are pretty darn good.

Plus, Bama ain't no lock yet, if they get by A&M they still have to beat Florida (another horrible offense) or Georgia. Bama like Oregon have had a pretty pedestrian schedule. Now if Bama does lose we could have another stupid ass SEC rematch for the championship if the rest of the undefeated teams lose as well.

Their problem against Auburn wasn't that the quarterback stunk. The problem was they couldn't get Nick Fairly blocked.

Hopefully we'll get a chance to find out what would happen this year. I think that's the most interesitng match-up. Of course Alabama and Oregon face conference title games and Kansas State and Notre Dame do not.

It really will be a moot point because I dont see Kansas State losing and therefore they will be in the title game. ND will get squeaked out as welll (I also think ND loses to USC so that will also be a moot point).

It really will be a moot point because I dont see Kansas State losing and therefore they will be in the title game. ND will get squeaked out as welll (I also think ND loses to USC so that will also be a moot point).

I'm the opposite Marsh, I see there being 1 undefeated team tops at the end of the conference championships and this includes Bama.

I think we'll get a read on how good Bama's defense is when they play A&M. A&M is not at Oregons level but they are pretty darn good.

Plus, Bama ain't no lock yet, if they get by A&M they still have to beat Florida (another horrible offense) or Georgia. Bama like Oregon have had a pretty pedestrian schedule. Now if Bama does lose we could have another stupid ass SEC rematch for the championship if the rest of the undefeated teams lose as well.

Just wanted to bump this cause watching the chosen one lose made me very happy. It really shows us how the experts look at things when a guy like Kirk Herbstreet says now we have to really look at who the best teams are, shouldn't they always be doing that?

Damn, I shouldn't have removed my $1000 bet from here.

1st time they see a team that's heard of defense and they lose.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom