North Carolina Game Thread... | Syracusefan.com

North Carolina Game Thread...

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
Syracuse at North Carolina [ACCT 1st Rd]
Thursday, April 25 | UNC Lacrosse Stadium | 6 p.m.
WatchESPN: #7 North Carolina vs. Syracuse (First Round) (ACC Men's Lacrosse Championship)
Listen: Cuse.com | TK 99/ 105

Orange and Tar Heels Meet in ACC Opener on Thursday - Syracuse University Athletics

D49IaPWW4AAigQP.jpg

Is tonight’s game considered a road game per the RPI?
Just curious as it seems the lax committee seeds very closely with the RPI and a road game is better than a neutral site game.

We're only considered the home team because we are the higher seed.

As to how the RPI considers it, I am not 100% sure. But I believe it is considered a road game. And if we win, the UVa game is a neutral-site game. I'll see if I can find something.

Interested to see how the turnover/penalty situation breaks down. UNC has struggled with both all year and had 18 against us in the first game although SU had 17 itself. UNC committed I think close to a half dozen penalties against ND, have to think that could favor us as SU has been a pretty good team with penalties since the UVA debacle. Interested to see if UNC is getting any "home cooking" today from the refs. When a great team plays a good team for the second time it usually has a couple of players who were relatively quiet in the 1st game make a bigger impact in the 2nd. Guys like Trimbo and Cook and to a lesser extent Curry are three to keep an eye on.

This feels like the type of game where one team comes out early and goes on a big run. Really hope its us or we can keep things at a standstill ala the Navy game before going on a run late in the 1st half. This team has shown that extra edge we haven't seen the last couple of years (the constant 1 goal wins and crazy comebacks) so it would be great to see this team take care of business and cement themselves as a final 4 contender.

Anyone else kind of like the “your event is about to begin” music on espn app?