Northern Illinois to the Orange Bowl | Syracusefan.com

Northern Illinois to the Orange Bowl

Does that have an impact on us? I'm lost now with all of the different postings.

Hell no. I am just glad that I can now watch an actual BCS game with interest as opposed to no interest.

Our bowl game sucks now, the fact the BE would allow Pitt to go ahead of a co-champion is reason enough for me to tell TGD never schedule a Big East Catholic school outside of St. John's or Georgetown EVER again.

Huge impact on us. Pushes all big 12 teams down a notch ensuring Pitt wvu pinstripe...and us to compass.

we will see if that actually happened nothing announced or tweeted

If Thamel says Northern Illinois is a BCS bowl they are in. We are screwed because the Pinstripe Bowl are screwing a better team and a co-champion of a partner to rely on Pitt fans actually showing up. The crowd will be 20k WVU fans no matter the opponent, go to the WVU board and say Marvin Graves and see what they say. I want to send a Polaroid of my middle finger to Arseco now. That Cincy game officiating is the difference between NOLA in the Sugar Bowl and the fracking Compass Bowl against Eli Manning U.

Huge impact on us. Pushes all big 12 teams down a notch ensuring Pitt wvu pinstripe...and us to compass.

Yep.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Our bowl game sucks now, the fact the BE would allow Pitt to go ahead of a co-champion is reason enough for me to tell TGD never schedule a Big East Catholic school outside of St. John's or Georgetown EVER again.

The BE is not pushing the buttons here. And why should they go out of their way to help SU?

If Thamel says Northern Illinois is a BCS bowl they are in. We are screwed because the Pinstripe Bowl are screwing a better team and a co-champion of a partner to rely on Pitt fans actually showing up. The crowd will be 20k WVU fans no matter the opponent, go to the WVU board and say Marvin Graves and see what they say. I want to send a Polaroid of my middle finger to Arseco now. That Cincy game officiating is the difference between NOLA in the Sugar Bowl and the fracking Compass Bowl against Eli Manning U.

Three dropped TD's are the difference as well. SU was there two years ago, Bowls are in the business of making money, it's an exhibition.

The BE is not pushing the buttons here. And why should they go out of their way to help SU?
I know the BE is pushing buttons I went to the damn ACC game last nite and the fracking Belk Bowl people said the BE works in conjunction with the Bowl and tells them whom to take. The BE have some say where their teams go, and they aren't helping us so I say F playing Providence College ever again. The conference should be pushing the teams into the fair spots the B1G and SEC pushed the losers of the conference title games into the Capital One Bowl when the Capital One people wanted Texas A&M the conference pushed the teams into their fair spots.

Enough with the officiating crap, we took the lead after the last bad call.

Make an interception and TAINT, go up by 10, game over.

Our execution (mostly early season games) is the difference in where we are going, not the refs or the BE commish.

The BE wasn't going to do us any favors. But when it comes to the Belk, that is pretty much an ACC bowl. Us not going there is on the ACC and TGD.

Yanks can kiss my ass too.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Three dropped TD's are the difference as well. SU was there two years ago, Bowls are in the business of making money, it's an exhibition.
You really like Devil's Advocating all of my posts don't you. How about the fact SU will send more fans to than Pitt to this Pinstripe Bowl. WVU fans are going to the bowl no matter what and the fact Pinstripe Bowl thinks the attendance will be higher with Pitt is a joke. If Pitt brings more than 5k I will shocked. SU will bring 10-15k to the Pinstripe and MAYBE 2-3k to Birmingham. If you want to see our reputation for traveling improve then sending the team to Birmingham most definitely will accomplish that.

I swear to God if the ACC doesn't win this bowl game they should disband the league.

Of course I'm almost certainly rooting against FSU. Screw them and their wanna-be Big 12 dipsh!t fans.

Will Doeren be coaching this game? Recent precedence would indicate "no". Hopefully NC State will let them do the right thing.

You really like Devil's Advocating all of my posts don't you. How about the fact SU will send more fans to than Pitt to this Pinstripe Bowl. WVU fans are going to the bowl no matter what and the fact Pinstripe Bowl thinks the attendance will be higher with Pitt is a joke. If Pitt brings more than 5k I will shocked. SU will bring 10-15k to the Pinstripe and MAYBE 2-3k to Birmingham. If you want to see our reputation for traveling improve then sending the team to Birmingham most definitely will accomplish that.

I guess you were wrong, again.

I guess you were wrong, again.
LOL, I am glad I bother you as it seems like its easy, and I was not wrong about the fact SU will bring more to NYC than Pitt. If SU wants to get a better travel reputation they need to get friendly bowl destinations if you honestly believe we would have traveled better to to Birmingham than NYC then your not being honest. BTW, good job just taking portions of what I say and ignore other parts that don't fit your arguments. If we were obvious for the Pinstripe Bowl then most bowl projections up till today were wrong. Obviously something happened to our benefit as our bowl invitation was announced a couple hours after Rutgers and Cincinnati were announced. I am glad I am under your skin enough you have to make these passive aggressive messages. WTH have I been wrong about? Realignment isn't close to be finished with yet their are a lot of dominos that still have to fall. I have been analyzing the conference realignment from the position that we are weak if more realignment takes place we aren't a fit for the B1G and the ACC is the most vulnerable conference right now and the fact I think we could end up in a weaker conference than we thought isn't untrue. I call out the facts that others don't do when discussing a potential ACC network, but I obviously bothered you with these positions and guess what I won't drink the kool-aid that everything will be lovey dovey I love SU just as much as you and will continue to do so, and I believe we will be okay, but we have rocky times ahead of us. If you don't like what I have to say I suggest you ignore me and I won't be offended and in fact you and I would probably prefer it to these unnecessary messages back and forth.

LOL, I am glad I bother you as it seems like its easy, and I was not wrong about the fact SU will bring more to NYC than Pitt. If SU wants to get a better travel reputation they need to get friendly bowl destinations if you honestly believe we would have traveled better to to Birmingham than NYC then your not being honest. BTW, good job just taking portions of what I say and ignore other parts that don't fit your arguments. If we were obvious for the Pinstripe Bowl then most bowl projections up till today were wrong. Obviously something happened to our benefit as our bowl invitation was announced a couple hours after Rutgers and Cincinnati were announced. I am glad I am under your skin enough you have to make these passive aggressive messages. WTH have I been wrong about? Realignment isn't close to be finished with yet their are a lot of dominos that still have to fall. I have been analyzing the conference realignment from the position that we are weak if more realignment takes place we aren't a fit for the B1G and the ACC is the most vulnerable conference right now and the fact I think we could end up in a weaker conference than we thought isn't untrue. I call out the facts that others don't do when discussing a potential ACC network, but I obviously bothered you with these positions and guess what I won't drink the kool-aid that everything will be lovey dovey I love SU just as much as you and will continue to do so, and I believe we will be okay, but we have rocky times ahead of us. If you don't like what I have to say I suggest you ignore me and I won't be offended and in fact you and I would probably prefer it to these unnecessary messages back and forth.

If there was this huge conspiracy against SU, how did they end up in NYC?

I never said anything about how many people would go to either bowl.

If there was this huge conspiracy against SU, how did they end up in NYC?

I never said anything about how many people would go to either bowl.
I never said there was a huge conspiracy against SU I said I was sick of Big East conference leadership taking out there frustrations of SU leadership to leave the conference out on our kids who had nothing to do with the move to the ACC. Again, I said I was at the ACC game last night and was told by one of the Belk Bowl people that the bowl picks who the conference offices tell them to take unless North Carolina or Clemson are available from the ACC then they angle to get those schools as the ACC school, but from the Big East the bowl game takes who the Big East tells them too. The Belk Bowl rep told me that is how they got stuck with Pitt and South Florida two years when the ACC schools were North Carolina and Clemson which helped the game sell tickets. I believe you know how I feel about certain games we played this year and the crap we put up so no need to rash that crap, but the Big East office wasn't doing anything to reward a team that was co-champion, and most every projection this morning and last evening had us falling to the Compass Bowl even though we were one of the top four teams in the Big East and didn't deserve to fall below that. I am glad things worked out and we are going to one of the top four games. Our fans will turnout in greater numbers to the Pinstripe Bowl than the Compass Bowl by atleast 3 to 1.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom