Not a talent issue, I've been told... | Syracusefan.com

Not a talent issue, I've been told...

Griffin is terrible.

Girard is worse.

Guerrier is extremely limited and has been exposed.

Dolezaj is a decent player but as a senior, should be much better. And has played out of position for three years.

Richmond gives me hope for one player being ACC caliber. Boeheim is an ACC-level shooter and not much else.

We have no center that plays.

It really is incredible.

Don’t worry...we have JBA backing...I mean don’t worry..we have the other big guy...wait not him either. Wait...do we even use centers? No, no we don’t. Never mind.

But we can use a 6’10 170 pounder as a center. That’ll work.
I hear we’re looking.

The difference in back court quickness was startling

Yeah center is an issue, but you need more than 3 guards on the roster

need to recruit some quickness to complement the trio

scheme is another issue, their unconscious shooting made it impossible to defend

Bilas commenting, boy thats alot to ask of the Center to have to get out to the corner to cover the 3 (which then leaves the paint totaly unguarded for 2nd chance points)

Back to the talent issue

We have 1 player committed for 21. Benny W hes a 5 star but he's not correcting the flaws that we saw tonight in backcourt quickness and the requisite size needed at 4 and 5

Well Jimmy just said tonight we have 3 guys on the bench and none of them are ready to play. One of two things, why were they recruited then or/and why are they not developing. College basketball is rarely recruiting for a 4 year player. They should be expected to contribute before there junior year or that’s just a major miss or terrible job of developing. Totally unprepared this year (only talking about this year).

The backcourt wasn't the reason we lost.
They also were not a reason we won. Because we didn't win.

So what's your point?

They were a part of a losing team. The two of them have been the starting backcourt for 18-14 (10-10) and 13-7 (7-6) teams. They are 31-21 overall and 17-16 in ACC play.

Need better players everywhere on the court. Not one position is top-of-the-line ACC caliber. Or even top half ACC caliber.

They also were not a reason we won.

So what's your point?

They were a part of a losing team. The two of them have been the starting backcourt for 18-14 (10-10) and 13-7 (7-6) teams. They are 31-21 overall and 17-16 in ACC play.

Need better players everywhere on the court. Not one position is top-of-the-line ACC caliber. Or even top half ACC caliber.
We can win a lot of games with Kadary and Buddy starting. TBH we could have had Waiters and Triche out there tonight and still been destroyed.

It boils down to recruiting and how far we have dropped in the last 6-7 years. I'm excited about Benny coming in and that is a recruiting win but why would a 4-5 star guy want to play for SU as you might be the next QG and get chewed out for every mistake you make on the floor. If your a guard especially a shooting guard you are not seeing the court. Coach won't even change his D when they are getting lit up from 3 game after game. We are not a basketball destination anymore.

We can win a lot of games with Kadary and Buddy starting. TBH we could have had Waiters and Triche out there tonight and still been destroyed.
I am not sure that you can be a top 4 ACC team with those two starting. You need much, much better players at all three positions to make up for Boeheim's lack of athleticism. Kadary is good and shows promise but he has a long way to go to become a top-level ACC player too IMO.

I am not sure that you can be a top 4 ACC team with those two starting. You need much, much better players at all three positions to make up for Boeheim's lack of athleticism. Kadary is good and shows promise but he has a long way to go to become a top-level ACC player too IMO.

I certainly think we can with a legit center and Benny. The center may never happen though so we won’t know.

I don’t think Kadary is far away. We need a third guard, I don’t think Joe is even close to being that third guard. Outside of shooting he adds zero, he literally needs to go off in a game from 3 to make a positive impact.

I disagree wholeheartedly and I cannot type this fast enough.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom