Not deterred by our slow start... | Syracusefan.com

Not deterred by our slow start...

Only team that concerns me is USC and I really don't care anymore what happens. Is what it is
only thing i care about is not listening to the meatheads that throw up their hands and say, this is why we need an offensive system that slaps people in the face with chuck roasts, it's the only way we'll have coaching continuity. if babers goes to florida state, take that as a clue that maybe he was doing something right and keep doing that

These things always crack me up. No way he's going to FSU IMHO.

Agree with IB, it is what it is.

I'm in the camp Dino is sticking around, but honestly, not a clue anymore. As facilities get upgraded and recruiting can begin to improve, I think Dino knows he can win here. Just needs another few years. He can make a pretty penny living in one of the lowest costs of living areas in the country (outside of property taxes). My tip to him to early on would've been to avoid buying a big house with the way RE taxes are in this state. Other than that, everything else is cheap and you can sock away a boatload of assets.

Here's to him being here 10+ years...

only thing i care about is not listening to the meatheads that throw up their hands and say, this is why we need an offensive system that slaps people in the face with chuck roasts, it's the only way we'll have coaching continuity. if babers goes to florida state, take that as a clue that maybe he was doing something right and keep doing that

Yep all you can do. Proven offensive coach with aggressive scheme and hopefully a solid track record as a HC at a smaller program. No Chicago beef guys with polyester coaching slacks and A1 sauce seeping out of their pores

These things always crack me up. No way he's going to FSU IMHO.

Agree with IB, it is what it is.

I'm in the camp Dino is sticking around, but honestly, not a clue anymore. As facilities get upgraded and recruiting can begin to improve, I think Dino knows he can win here. Just needs another few years. He can make a pretty penny living in one of the lowest costs of living areas in the country (outside of property taxes). My tip to him to early on would've been to avoid buying a big house with the way RE taxes are in this state. Other than that, everything else is cheap and you can sock away a boatload of assets.

Here's to him being here 10+ years...
i am not the guy who will post anyone's address but i am the guy that checks public real estate info. his house is modest for a guy with his income

Yep all you can do. Proven offensive coach with aggressive scheme and hopefully a solid track record as a HC at a smaller program. No Chicago beef guys with polyester coaching slacks and A1 sauce seeping out of their pours.
i hear a faint whisper in the distance LLLLLL what is that I hear LLLLEEE i can hear it clearer LEEEEEEAAA getting louder

I don’t see Dino taking a job in the South. I also don’t see Michigan realistically interested in someone without a considerable pro backround

These things are always worth a good laugh. Let's assume for a minute this team continues with a sort of up and down season and finishes 7-5. Does anyone really think FSU or Michigan is hiring Dino Babers coming off a 7-5 season especially a team in conference in the same division? Clueless.

These things are always worth a good laugh. Let's assume for a minute this team continues with a sort of up and down season and finishes 7-5. Does anyone really think FSU or Michigan is hiring Dino Babers coming off a 7-5 season especially a team in conference in the same division? Clueless.

Even USC, most would be unhappy doesn't mean it won't happen but agree with your point

i hear a faint whisper in the distance LLLLLL what is that I hear LLLLEEE i can hear it clearer LEEEEEEAAA getting louder

Dude is only getting more entertaining with age as well. find a direct flight to Key West and a scooter and you may be onto something

Even USC, most would be unhappy.

These fanbases and boosters are looking for huge names or guys with ridiculous win/loss records. If Dino gets this team rolling again and finishes 9-3 OK then maybe but right now this looks like a team that could finish somewhere between 5 and 8 wins, thats not moving the needle at FSU less Michigan and USC. There would be a riot at these places.

the fact that Urban stated over the weekend that he would start thinking about coaching next year at the beginning of next year tells me that Urban is interested in coming back, and USC would be most likely all over him.

Dino to FSU?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

(catches breath)

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!

Why would he want to be Willie Taggart 2.0?

Cuse fanbase is energized, The DOME renos are underway, and we just got a $25M gift.
FSU fanbase is now MIA, and the expectations there are always insanely high.

Dino to FSU?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

(catches breath)

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Why would he want to be Willie Taggart 2.0?

Cuse fanbase is energized, The DOME renos are underway, and we just got a $25M gift.
FSU fanbase is now MIA, and the expectations there are always insanely high.

Their stadium was 1/2 empty versus Louisville and that may be generous

IF Dino were to leave in the near term, it will be because of the lack of fan support that he relishes. Support in the stands, local talk shows, social media, etc.

IF Dino were to leave in the near term, it will be because of the lack of fan support that he relishes. Support in the stands, local talk shows, social media, etc.

Well he had it at Clemson but unfortunately we lost by 40+ to a mediocore Maryland team and couldn't score a redzone TD despite 20 chances against Clemson. I like Dino but if he thinks there is unlimited fan support at some other school he might want to watch the USC and FSU games from this past weekend.

Well he had it at Clemson but unfortunately we lost by 40+ to a mediocore Maryland team and couldn't score a redzone TD despite 20 chances against Clemson. I like Dino but if he thinks there is unlimited fan support at some other school he might want to watch the USC and FSU games from this past weekend.

Doesn’t have to be 49500 every game. And support isn’t just in the stands. It is what it is.

Exactly. I am growing a bit tired of this angle. Hey how about not getting beat by 40 versus a middle of the road team right before the biggest game in the dome in 20 something years. There isn't an unlimited supply of fan support anywhere these days. There are bigger programs but mediocre results produce mediocre support. Good results produce good support, not rocket science. Win the next two and I would imagine the Pitt game on a Friday night will be very well attended. A half empty stadium is a half empty stadium

Doesn’t have to be 49500 every game. And support isn’t just in the stands. It is what it is.

Its Syracuse, as you noted it is what it is. I am not sure what he's looking for. I mean if he wants 50K for a spring game he's at the wrong place as that is never happening here. Social media is ususally pretty positive I mean SU fans inundate recruits and other pro SU stuff all the time. As for local talk shows do we even have any at this point? Its 2019 not 1999, local talk shows haven't had sway here since Adam Schein left, he should be thrilled there isn't one. Look Babers is going to do what he feels is best but if he leaves because of some of those reasons he is out of his mind. He may not have some of the diehard fan support that Bama Auburn Neb and others get but he also doesn't get the scrutiny either. Lose by 40 to Maryland at Michigan and mention " we didn't have tape" and see how well that goes over.

I don’t know that this utopia will be found in Tallahassee or LA. He could take the upcoming opening in Columbia, SC though. Those people come out in full force during 1 win seasons.

I don’t know that this utopia will be found in Tallahassee or LA. He could take the upcoming opening in Columbia, SC though. Those people come out in full force during 1 win seasons.
Not sure Dino wants to go someplace where the expectation and history is that the police cover up your players' crimes. Too much Cult for me, and hopefully for him as well.

(Referencing the FSU angle)

Its Syracuse, as you noted it is what it is. I am not sure what he's looking for. I mean if he wants 50K for a spring game he's at the wrong place as that is never happening here. Social media is ususally pretty positive I mean SU fans inundate recruits and other pro SU stuff all the time. As for local talk shows do we even have any at this point? Its 2019 not 1999, local talk shows haven't had sway here since Adam Schein left, he should be thrilled there isn't one. Look Babers is going to do what he feels is best but if he leaves because of some of those reasons he is out of his mind. He may not have some of the diehard fan support that Bama Auburn Neb and others get but he also doesn't get the scrutiny either. Lose by 40 to Maryland at Michigan and mention " we didn't have tape" and see how well that goes over.

I’m just saying what will happen. Whether it’s warranted or not is anyone’s opinion. But it won’t be because of $$$, it won’t be because of facilities. It’ll be fan support. Define fan support as you want.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom