Not for nothing, but if Frank | Syracusefan.com

Not for nothing, but if Frank

Capt. Tuttle

Living Legend
( who was ranked in the top 75 as a Jr.) was an incoming freshman with Benny, most of us would be ecstatic and figure that we had replaced our starting forwards with 2 highly rated freshman along with 2 proven and experienced D-1 forwards.

Personally, both the forwards had enough negatives (AG -inconsistent, apathetic and selfish play: Q - frequent injury, very undersized as a PF, inconsistent shooting) that their replacements overall production may exceed that of the departed.

Whether that happens remains to be seen, but with the right leadership, there are many ways to succeed.

( who was ranked in the top 75 as a Jr.) was an incoming freshman with Benny, most of us would be ecstatic and figure that we had replaced our starting forwards with 2 highly rated freshman along with 2 proven and experienced D-1 forwards.

Personally, both the forwards had enough negatives (AG -inconsistent, apathetic and selfish play: Q - frequent injury, very undersized as a PF, inconsistent shooting) that their replacements overall production may exceed that of the departed.

Whether that happens remains to be seen, but with the right leadership, there are many ways to succeed.
Except Frank might still leave.

Frank and Benny are the only kids left that have True NBA talent. Buddy might make a roster because of his shooting but other than Frank and Benny we have some nice players but lack elite athleticism.

As to next year i actually like the team. Im a fan of Cole, Symir, and Jimmy. I actually think Jimmy is going to have a great year.
Big strong lefty. Has some Marty Byrne in him. Cole can shoot better than anyone on the team other than Buddy and hes 6'9. Symir boy i hope he starts. His handle and passing in HS were very good. Hes 6'3 6'4 and can get to the hole. So we have some nice pieces. Through in Joe Sid if he can walk and Jes and its a nice balanced roster. Would love to add a slasher at wing. We will be ok. Should finish upper half of ACC and land a 8 9 10 seed.

Frank and Benny are the only kids left that have True NBA talent. Buddy might make a roster because of his shooting but other than Frank and Benny we have some nice players but lack elite athleticism.

As to next year i actually like the team. Im a fan of Cole, Symir, and Jimmy. I actually think Jimmy is going to have a great year.
Big strong lefty. Has some Marty Byrne in him. Cole can shoot better than anyone on the team other than Buddy and hes 6'9. Symir boy i hope he starts. His handle and passing in HS were very good. Hes 6'3 6'4 and can get to the hole. So we have some nice pieces. Through in Joe Sid if he can walk and Jes and its a nice balanced roster. Would love to add a slasher at wing. We will be ok. Should finish upper half of ACC and land a 8 9 10 seed.

Cole can play in the league as a bigger stronger Novak. Jesse has pro potential if he finishes developing his offense. Frank will have to develop as well like Jesse to play in the NBA. The only can't miss is Benny but there is talent/potential in others.

Well if Buddy makes a roster then he has true NBA talent doesn’t he?

Last edited:
Why are people seemingly trying to will Frank into being a forward lately? Am I missing something? Did he practice at forward last year or something?
JB mentioned it early last year (about both Frank and JBA) and also it seems he has the athletic ability to do it

May have been a few years but JB has shown a willingness to play two bigs if one of them has any semblance of a post game or are very good rebounders

With the seeming lack of rebounding of the rest of our 3 forwards, potentially JB wants one guy who can help there

Because Rick Jackson did it 11 years ago!!
In fairness we just did it with Trob more recently than that (playing a forward with limited offensive ability in order to get defense and rebounding on the court)

JB mentioned it early last year (about both Frank and JBA) and also it seems he has the athletic ability to do it

May have been a few years but JB has shown a willingness to play two bigs if one of them has any semblance of a post game or are very good rebounders

With the seeming lack of rebounding of the rest of our 3 forwards, potentially JB wants one guy who can help there

It would be fascinating if he actually did it. We saw so little of Frank it's hard to see him in that role yet.

Leave for where? A school where he could get less PT at?

Is there less PT than zero?

He'd likely get more PT at almost ANY other program.
(assuming CDB can play)

It would be fascinating if he actually did it. We saw so little of Frank it's hard to see him in that role yet.
And yet he still has more time here than any of the incoming forwards

Well if Buddy makes a roster than he has true NBA talent doesn’t he?
Yes. He is an excellent shooter which is a talent. He lacks athleticism.

And yet he still has more time here than any of the incoming forwards

Yeah- his film from HS has him playing Free Safety on D and doing nothing but dunking and posting up deep into the paint is all I was getting at. Have never seen him play with another big. So I mean is it possible? Absolutely just no evidence yet he would be a fit and get JBs trust there.

Yeah- his film from HS has him playing Free Safety on D and doing nothing but dunking and posting up deep into the paint is all I was getting at. Have never seen him play with another big. So I mean is it possible? Absolutely just no evidence yet he would be a fit and get JBs trust there.
Oh I agree with that, I am more influenced by watching JB play some PFs with limited offense ability if they had very good defense/rebounding contributions (trob would fit that mold) particularly if the small forward was not very good at those things

Why are people seemingly trying to will Frank into being a forward lately? Am I missing something? Did he practice at forward last year or something?
It’s the same thing when a thin forward comes in and everyone screams guard. People were saying that about Jeremi Grant.

It’s hard to see him in any role yet, TBH.

Where is there a better situation than here? Sidibe has bad knees. Edwards has talent but didn't play much last year. Frank was hurt last year. He has a chance for major minutes This year.
I agree with this. Also, both Sidibe and Edwards are foul prone. So if he’s healthy, Anselem could see some time when and if the other centers get into foul trouble. Of course, if he’s healthy, he might beat one or both out for PT, too.

Sidibe in his career averages 7.8 fouls per 40 minutes in ACC play... And he has developed chronic injuries likely to affect his mobility since earning those numbers.

Edwards is even worse at 8 fouls per 40.

There is playing time available for a third center even if everybody is healthy, and I'm expecting Sidibe won't be, even though I'm rooting for him.