Not to be critical of coach, but... | Syracusefan.com

Not to be critical of coach, but...

OttoinGrotto

2023-24 Iggy Award Most 3 Pointers Made
Why not put the guys in at the dead ball with 6 seconds left on the shot clock and less than a minute of game time?

At least that way one of them would have been able to crank up a shot. Otherwise, they played D for one possession and sat on the ball. That's lame.

Why not put the guys in at the dead ball with 6 seconds left on the shot clock and less than a minute of game time?

At least that way one of them would have been able to crank up a shot. Otherwise, they played D for one possession and sat on the ball. That's lame.

better to get them in the game than not at all i suppose. to be honest, probably more of a make sure none of the key guys gets hurt at this point than worrying about the freshmen PT

better to get them in the game than not at all i suppose. to be honest, probably more of a make sure none of the key guys gets hurt at this point than worrying about the freshmen PT
Right, so wouldn't there be more injury risk on a play where you need to inbound and get a shot up quickly?

I'm nitpicking here obviously, just seemed weird to me.

none of the key players get hurt? not!

the one guy we could least afford to lose (raxmas) was still on the court!

Right, so wouldn't there be more injury risk on a play where you need to inbound and get a shot up quickly?

I'm nitpicking here obviously, just seemed weird to me.

Maybe JB wanted the starters to work on getting a shot off the inbounds with the shot clock under 10 seconds?

I've never been "substitution complainer guy" but I was a bit surprised that another Rak minute wasn't bought at the 4:40 time out. Roberson must just not be trusted at all. Of course Rak did get a putback dunk & a play on defense in that minute.

I've never been "substitution complainer guy" but I was a bit surprised that another Rak minute wasn't bought at the 4:40 time out. Roberson must just not be trusted at all. Of course Rak did get a putback dunk & a play on defense in that minute.

Roberson continues to make the freshman mistakes...he was out of his element shooting a three. Dude is talented but has to earn trust by making the right plays.

Roberson continues to make the freshman mistakes...he was out of his element shooting a three. Dude is talented but has to earn trust by making the right plays.

Yah I don't really know the HS scouting report on him. I'm sure he's not Andre Dawkins. But unless he just has a permanent red light from ever taking a 3 (in which case I'm pretty sure he'd have gotten an immediate scolding)...that's about as clean a look as you can get within the flow of an offense.

Yah I don't really know the HS scouting report on him. I'm sure he's not Andre Dawkins. But unless he just has a permanent red light from ever taking a 3 (in which case I'm pretty sure he'd have gotten an immediate scolding)...that's about as clean a look as you can get within the flow of an offense.

I saw him play in person and also followed him closely since I live in NJ. He's not a three point shooter, though he did make some, mostly out of desperation. He did show range out to about 17 feet.

I'd say it's comparable to Grant, who always has open looks for three but does not and should not take them.

Fair enough. Grant is obviously an elite slasher & offensive rebounder though. If TR is the same liability from distance without those other things...ya that's a bit of a problem I guess.

I saw him play in person and also followed him closely since I live in NJ. He's not a three point shooter, though he did make some, mostly out of desperation. He did show range out to about 17 feet.

I'd say it's comparable to Grant, who always has open looks for three but does not and should not take them.
Grant is improving before our eyes. I could see him taking some 3's next year, if there is a next year.

He fell into the trap that Clemson set for him. They gave him room to shoot on purpose, no doubt hoping he would do exactly what he did. One of his shots went up with 26 seconds left on the shot clock. That was the one that got him yanked. JB pointed to Grant before anyone even rebounded the ball. At least it seemed that fast.

none of the key players get hurt? not!

the one guy we could least afford to lose (raxmas) was still on the court!

Actually you need 5 guys to play, so I think we're getting to the point where they are all critical components.

Could be wrong, but it looked like JB ran the subs in at the last second coming out of the time out when he saw that Clemson (I think) pulled their starters.

Actually you need 5 guys to play, so I think we're getting to the point where they are all critical components.
Norman Dale would argue otherwise.

didnt he put the kids in when clemson went to their deeper bench guys?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom