Not What I Expected | Syracusefan.com

Not What I Expected

Ish88888

All American
I expected our defense to struggle, but they looked great. Excellent coverage all night and crisp tackling. The concerns are all offensive:
1. The oline got blown up by a smaller dline most of the night. No running game minus moe's run and ED had alot of pressure.

2. We were inept on offense in the red zone. Lack of aggressiveness and not throwing the ball to the sticks. Instead, lateral 30 yd throws to the sideline yielding 3-5 yards.

3. This offense obviously neglects the middle of the field. Plenty of yards to be had between the hashs.

4. ED ran way to much against a team of this caliber. Much a result of the online play.

5. Yes, we are lean and in shape on the oline for the pace, but i question our ability to move people on the los.

Hopefully, Dino didnt want to show much tonight for the ville, but alot of questionable play calling and the tempo slowed considerably after an impressive first Drive.

3 of their front 4 are some of the best in 1A, they sold out to stop the run, and did a job mixing up how many they where sending from the same base formation. They have a damn good defense and gave our offense some good things to learn this week.

BooThisMan.gif

This is what you call an internet troll at it's best...

Attachments

• troll.jpg
    troll.jpg
    217.2 KB · Views: 48
wait, you were a shafer supporter weren't you?

Loved shaf, but am 100% in on dino. Love him. His lack of aggression inside the 30 and the lateral passes and not attacking the goal line , was just surprising. The oline i worry about against acc dlines . Lastly ED shouldn't have to run like that against an fcs defence.

Louisville will torch the defence, the question is can we get away with it.

Remember, Colgate had about 7 plays where the receivers had spaghetti arms. Also wasn't a fan of the third down play calling, those screens are not working against Louisville as well.

Dino was right. We played OK. Need to be better next week. First game I expected some errors.

Easy fellas, i like the win and love the offense, but if you cant see a few of my concerns for yourselves, you just care about the score and not HOW it happened.

554 yards on 81 plays is the definition of efficient. That's 6.8 yards per play. And the short yardage throws are literally what this offense is all about.

Let's see!

2 tds were a long pass and a long run, the other td was ED scrambling for jis life and hitting erv. Other than that, 4 fgs in the red zone.

- We upset someone out of nowhere

- We lose to someone we shouldn't

My predictions. Very brave Ik ;)

man, some folks can't ever be pleased. about anything. I suppose this team should be slaying it on all levels given that they've had their new coach since November. That's enough time isn't it? :noidea:

I was pleased to see bubble screens to moving receivers with two blockers out in front of them rather than stationary receivers with one blocker.

Inefficient use of 500 yards is better than inefficient use of 300 yards.