Notre Dame Game Thread... | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Notre Dame Game Thread...

Desko should shake things up. I'd bench the whole first squad for the first quarter against Hobart. The back ups can't play a worse first quarter that we saw today. Time to find out who wants to play before halftime.

Desko should shake things up. I'd bench the whole first squad for the first quarter against Hobart. The back ups can't play a worse first quarter that we saw today. Time to find out who wants to play before halftime.

Need to come out with more emotion. That’s part on Desko and part on the players.

Will we even make the playoffs?

Probably make the tourney unless we implode down the stretch. Pretty sure a 7-5 regular season and a win in the ACC tourney would do the job.

Need to at least split the the next two (Hobart and Cornell) and win at Navy. Imagine the game at Carolina will be a tossup.

Need to come out with more emotion. That’s part on Desko and part on the players.
the Head, Heart and Hustle left this program when Mariano, Salcido, and Williams graduated. :confused:

the Head, Heart and Hustle left this program when Mariano, Salcido, and Williams graduated. :confused:

Fell short today but you dont have these comebacks without HHH. Problem is why they start so slow. Is their pregame warmups too much, are they tired coming out?

Fell short today but you dont have these comebacks without HHH. Problem is why they start so slow. Is their pregame warmups too much, are they tired coming out?
if they had the head, the heart, and the hustle then they would be playing a full 60 minutes of brilliant lacrosse

I think a lot of today falls on the players, Desko isn't the one dropping basic passes. He's not the one on defense not communicating and sliding.

BUT, given the way this team has started some of these games, its definitely eye opening. Desko has to consider a shake up. The offense is very limited IMO and rely on a lot of midfield scoring. Some players seem tenative (Cook). They dodge with no purpose

He needs to never see the field. That kid has played quite a bit over his career and he doesnt have a point. Not one. Terrible.

I dont mind changing things up at attack as that unit is clearly the weak link on the offense. That said why in the hell would you put him in with 5 min to go in the 4th trying to make a comeback, its unexplainable. Also as you noted we tried this experiment last year with him and it didn't work. Try Berkman or that other smaller attackmen who flashed in the preseason. Seebold still hasnt registered a point. Time to look elsewhere, team needs attack help desperately and that's being kind.

Last edited:
Replsayed it in slow mo. Appears K had dropped low n shoulder to shoulder. Gonna make that call regardless because Gleason out on his feet

Saw another view and Jeremy right about contact to facemark. K lowered and made initial contact with left shoulder to right shoulder but right arm got facemark following through. Right call by refs

He needs to never see the field. That kid has played quite a bit over his career and he doesnt have a point. Not one. Terrible.

Agree - I have no idea what all the hype is about - he’s done absolutely nothing at SU

I dont mind changing things up at attack as that unit is clearly the weak link on the offense. That said why in the hell would you out him in with 5 min to go in the 4th trying to make a comeback, its unexplainable. Also as you noted we tried this experiment last year with him and it didn't work. Try Berkman or that other smaller attackmen who flashes in the preseason. Seebold still hasnt registered a point. Time to look elsewhere, team needs attack help desperately and that's being kind.
I just dont know . Seebold in tough spot, really hard to gain traction in such short minutes. If you had an attackman out for game and he did nothing the whole game as replacement then I might think differently but glimpses of play are just too short for me to draw any conclusions

Nelson was productive in auditions and does have experience and pedigree. Small and slender but quick hands and good vision. Agree about putting Seebold in with 5 to go in 4th. Does seem odd.

I think Seebold went in Voigt may have been hurt and they had already moved Solomon to midfield. I think it was just for one shift.

I think Seebold went in Voigt may have been hurt and they had already moved Solomon to midfield. I think it was just for one shift.

I thought they put in Cook for him. I'd rather give Nelson some run at this point, attack unit continues to struggle and needs some new blood

On the plus side, from what little you could see, Phaup dominated. I wish he exited better but he was huge.

Strang was solid and sparked the team. A little competition should be good for Porter.

On the negative, just about everyone else. Terrible job with turnovers and clears. Lackidasical passing and catching at key times. Terrible job dodging for attack. Middies take too many low angle or pointless shots. Defense in the first half was atrocious. Too many penalties, especially at 11-9 when Cuse had all the momentum.

Offense is close but is missing an upper level attackmen. Wisnauskas or Staats on this team and it's a totally different offense

Problem is those guys aren’t coming. Attack recruits for next also don’t look overly impressive, especially with Zawada gone. Rhefuss to me is the most frustrating, understand the early season struggles but at this point he’s out of excuses. Solomon has been the same player for four years. Has definite bright spots but disappears for games at a time and will make mind numbing mistakes like his behind the back pass today. Voigt has been having a good season and I give him a lot of credit for really improving in the offseason (see summer spent in box). But obviously his game is limited and he’d probably put up much better numbers if his surrounding teammates were better.

Where do we go from here? Not just this season but next as well? We have been in complete rut at the attack position for the last few years. And please don’t tell me Jake Nelson the two time transfer is the answer.

Need to hit the transfer market again. Try to make a big splash. Jack Wood looks like the best incoming attack. X guy, which is what both Rehfuss and Cook appear to be. Sean Donnelly from IMG is a pretty intriguing crease guy. Zawada gone sucks Maher gone sucks. Really screwed themselves with not keeping in touch with these guys.

Problem is those guys aren’t coming. Attack recruits for next also don’t look overly impressive, especially with Zawada gone. Rhefuss to me is the most frustrating, understand the early season struggles but at this point he’s out of excuses. Solomon has been the same player for four years. Has definite bright spots but disappears for games at a time and will make mind numbing mistakes like his behind the back pass today. Voigt has been having a good season and I give him a lot of credit for really improving in the offseason (see summer spent in box). But obviously his game is limited and he’d probably put up much better numbers if his surrounding teammates were better.

Where do we go from here? Not just this season but next as well? We have been in complete rut at the attack position for the last few years. And please don’t tell me Jake Nelson the two time transfer is the answer.

Yup, Wisnauskas and Gaudet arent coming back. Getting Wood late was a nice coup but losing Zawada hurt a lot, thought he could play right away. I expect Desko to move a middie (probably Curry) to attack next year and hit the transfer market or Juco for an attack guy. Maybe Berkman can give us something after a RS year. As you noted no elites guy appears on the horizon unless if the 2020 guys blows up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom