Notre Dame intel | Syracusefan.com

Notre Dame intel

M

Manleymen

Why is Notre Dame good? I know they have a lot of experience, saw them knock down 3’s vs Wake. I have not followed them closely. It does not appear they are blowing teams out. I really believe Cuse is going to give them a very tough game tomorrow. Do their guards defend the 3 well? Atkinson looks like trouble inside.

They are textbook medicore and go exactly to the point people like Cusefan0307 said.

We shouldn’t be where we are. Notre Dame isn’t good and they are in second place.

If we had last year’s team we should be second ourselves.

ND is going to be a 8-9 NCAAT seed I will bet against.

Feel like the game will be won on the glass and defensively. If we have a half-arsed effort on boards like vs GT we get killed. Also, cant have the lazy zone which gives the opposition warm-up shots from 3. They’ll make us pay. If we show up, no reason this doesn’t come down to the wire.

Feel like the game will be won on the glass and defensively. If we have a half-arsed effort on boards like vs GT we get killed. Also, cant have the lazy zone which gives the opposition warm-up shots from 3. They’ll make us pay. If we show up, no reason this doesn’t come down to the wire.
Hopefully Frank doesn't need to get benched a couple times. Fortunately BS played well and Frank did as well in the 2nd half. But we shouldn’t let GT outrebound us and same against ND.

I like seeing that out disinformation campaign to make ND think the game is Thursday is well underway.

I am all in for Cuse, but I hate to say this. We just went overtime and ND has had 5 days rest , we will only have 1. It's not fair, we need the bench to give the team a rest. We are going to need it tommorrow

I am all in for Cuse, but I hate to say this. We just went overtime and ND has had 5 days rest , we will only have 1. It's not fair, we need the bench to give the team a rest. We are going to need it tommorrow

I have been told by a very highly-placed source within SU Hoops that
they are college kids. they don't get tired. ;)

Seemed like exhaustion was already setting in yesterday, even in the first half. I don’t see this game going well.

I think the chance we shoot that poorly 2 games in a row are low.

I would normally agree, but we are also pulling up on dead legs season, especially so for a team with zero bench that just played an overtime game 1 day ago.

ND plays 7 which causes their guys to have dead legs and go on long score less streaks in the 2H of games. From what I've seen usually they let a sizable lead dwindle to single digits or they outright lose the game. By my count they've had 10 double digit leads end up being single digit wins or losses.

ND plays 7 which causes their guys to have dead legs and go on long score less streaks in the 2H of games. From what I've seen usually they let a sizable lead dwindle to single digits or they outright lose the game. By my count they've had 10 double digit leads end up being single digit wins or losses.
Yes they play a very short bench too.

Anyone remember that after the epic 6OT game we played another OT game a night later, and won. Anyone? Heart and adrenaline got it done.

And athleticism out the ying yang.
And skill.
And a proper PG to run the show.

And athleticism out the ying yang.
And skill.
And a proper PG to run the show.
Good athleticism in the backcourt--Flynn, Devendorf, Harris, and Rautins (somewhat). Frontcourt of Onuaku, Jackson, and Ongenaet, not so much.

Tired legs equates to poor shooting. Fortunately, they are college kids and they do not need rest.
i really would like someone to review the shots and tell me how many were short, verse just off.. tired legs lead to flat shots not short shots. joe shot 3-11.. but if he shoots 4-11 thats actually a good day thats like going 6-11 from 2 and no would be upset with over 50% going in.

I dont tired had anything to do with bad shooting. we have had many bad shooting nights are we tired half our games? 2 games at home why would they be tired.

how do those AAU kids do it playing 3-4-5 games in a day are they in that much better shape and some of those teams play with 6-7 kids on the whole roster.

i really would like someone to review the shots and tell me how many were short, verse just off.. tired legs lead to flat shots not short shots. joe shot 3-11.. but if he shoots 4-11 thats actually a good day thats like going 6-11 from 2 and no would be upset with over 50% going in.

I dont tired had anything to do with bad shooting. we have had many bad shooting nights are we tired half our games? 2 games at home why would they be tired.

how do those AAU kids do it playing 3-4-5 games in a day are they in that much better shape and some of those teams play with 6-7 kids on the whole roster.
Those AAU games don’t have any intensity. Might as well be open gym runs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom