Notre Dame Pregame Articles and Videos | Syracusefan.com

Notre Dame Pregame Articles and Videos

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
Syracuse at Notre Dame
Saturday, April 1, 2017 | 12:00 pm
ESPNU

You can also watch online on ESPN3 through Watch ESPN or by using the Watch ESPN app for tablets and mobile devices.

You can also listen to the game on TK99 (99.5 FM) in Syracuse, or WAER (88.3 FM).

C8Gt6mgXwAkkcFM.jpg

Last edited:
Matthew Gutierrez‏ @MatthewGut21
Spoke with Notre Dame lacrosse head coach Kevin Corrigan. His top-ranked Fighting Irish host No. 4 Syracuse on Saturday at noon.

Corrigan: It's a doggy-dog world out there. There's not huge margins. (UND and SU have played a combined nine one-goal games this year.)

Corrigan said UND working to improve substitution, transition D. Notre Dame has the eighth-ranked defense.

Offensively, he said UND playing well without the ball, working for shots. "The grease to our offense." Can improve on finishing.

On defending Syracuse's balanced offense: You can't spend your time worrying about one guy. We've got to defend them all.

When is the last time we won on the road wearing blue jerseys? I can't remember. Blue has been the kiss of death over the last several years. What's wrong with orange over orange over orange. The equipment managers are out of control.

Yikes. I don't ever remember us wearing this combo before. Nothing about it says "Syracuse". I really wish we'd just stick to all Orange on the road. Hey, maybe a weekly "uniform thread" would get some of the football board to join us over here ;)

When is the last time we won on the road wearing blue jerseys? I can't remember. Blue has been the kiss of death over the last several years. What's wrong with orange over orange over orange. The equipment managers are out of control.
Didn't we wear blue at Domewood earlier this year????

Let me come clean. I have three reasons for rejecting the blue road jerseys: 1) aesthetic: I don't think blue uniforms represent "the Orange" well. The all-Orange uniforms are--I think--one of the most distinctive looks in all of college lacrosse. 2) pragmatic: Imagine Salcido coming off a roll dodge near the crease as the defense collapses on him. He has milliseconds to pick up the cutter and make an accurate pass. The extra millisecond it takes his brain to process an odd color combination--say, like white over blue--may make all the difference. 3) finally, superstition: I seriously do not remember Syracuse winning an away game wearing the blue jerseys. I think they first wore them against Cornell in Ithaca three or four years ago. They got thumped. What is more, the worst pasting the 'Cuse took last year was against Notre Dame while wearing an exotic combination, silver over white over blue. Their best performance in the last two years has been in the ACC tournament wearing--you guessed it--all orange.

I really really dislike the blue uni's. ND wears blue, we are the Orange.

Coach Desko looks a little Hitleresque with that "Play" button on his upper lip.

big opportunity to set up a one or two seed this weekend.

That was a rough day. The basketball loss to UNC was that night in the final four. Football had the spring game that day as well...where our defense was exposed (you could say we saw a bit of Dino's offense).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom