Notre Dame Psych Up/Trash Talk Thread | Syracusefan.com

Notre Dame Psych Up/Trash Talk Thread

ECE '76

Scout Team
OK, 24 hour rule. Time to put Clemson in in the rear view mirror.

Let's start talking up how we will get back to winning in the Dome and obliterate the always-overrated ND. We have a lot of grievances to settle with that program, including the 1987 Heisman trophy, those terrible Yankees uniforms, and Ishaq Williams.

You know the IRISH flag is ORANGE too!

OK, let's get the ball rolling with the 1961 game at South Bend - before my time. The referees interpreted the rules incorrectly on a roughing the holder call after Notre Dame missed a 56 (!) yard FG on the last play of the game with Syracuse leading 15-14. ND was incorrectly given another FG try, now at 41 yards away. The second attempt was good.

The controversy continued into the next year about which team really won. BTW, no visiting team had ever won in their first visit to South Bend.

"Notre Dame president Theodore Hesburgh said his school would stand with whatever the NCAA ruled.

'Everybody knows Notre Dame doesn't want to win a game if it really didn't. If the rules committee determines that we didn't, we'll act accordingly.' "

"the NCAA ruled that Notre Dame had beaten Syracuse on "an illegal play"

"... despite what their President had said earlier, [Notre Dame] refused to do so."

The NCAA was screwing SU even back then...

"After a couple weeks of deliberation, the NCAA admitted that the officials erred on the play and that Notre Dame should not have been given an extra down. However, the score was not changed and Notre Dame’s victory stood up with apologies to Syracuse."

I’ve been there
The grotto meh
The Golden Dome, you can see at 50 state capitols meh
The campus meh SUs is much more scenic.
TD Jesus is big that’s all .
The ND fight song nauseating
Brown was better then Hornung ( by a million miles)
McPherson was better then Brown ( By a hundred miles )

Last edited:
OK, let's get the ball rolling with the 1961 game at South Bend - before my time. The referees interpreted the rules incorrectly on a roughing the holder call after Notre Dame missed a 56 (!) yard FG on the last play of the game with Syracuse leading 15-14. ND was incorrectly given another FG try, now at 41 yards away. The second attempt was good.

The controversy continued into the next year about which team really won. BTW, no visiting team had ever won in their first visit to South Bend.

"Notre Dame president Theodore Hesburgh said his school would stand with whatever the NCAA ruled.

'Everybody knows Notre Dame doesn't want to win a game if it really didn't. If the rules committee determines that we didn't, we'll act accordingly.' "

"the NCAA ruled that Notre Dame had beaten Syracuse on "an illegal play"

"... despite what their President had said earlier, [Notre Dame] refused to do so."

The NCAA was screwing SU even back then...

"After a couple weeks of deliberation, the NCAA admitted that the officials erred on the play and that Notre Dame should not have been given an extra down. However, the score was not changed and Notre Dame’s victory stood up with apologies to Syracuse."
And that is why I don't like Notre Dame, when the head of a college is a liar I have no respect for them.
They should have forfeited the game and didn't.

I’ve been there
The grotto meh
The Golden Dome, you can see at 50 state capitols meh
The campus meh SUs is much more scenic.
TD Jesus is big that’s all .
The ND fight song nauseating
Brown was better then Hornung ( by a million miles)
McPherson was better then Brown ( By a hundred miles )
Freaking Hornung, players don’t win the award without playing for a contender for the most part, he wins it on a 2-8 team. He should have given the damn thing to Jim. Loser. Tim Brown won it because the morons allowed voters to cast their ballots in July(exaggeration, I think it was Mid-October but whatever). ND can rot in hell

Freaking Hornung, players don’t win the award without playing for a contender for the most part, he wins it on a 2-8 team. He should have given the damn thing to Jim. Loser. Tim Brown won it because the morons allowed voters to cast their ballots in July(exaggeration, I think it was Mid-October but whatever). ND can rot in hell
The problem was allowing someone who wasn't playing major college football on the ballot. There is no way someone at Holy Cross should have been getting votes for the trophy.

The problem was allowing someone who wasn't playing major college football on the ballot. There is no way someone at Holy Cross should have been getting votes for the trophy.
I didn't have a problem with that as much as allowing voters to cast votes as early as they did, it was stupid, halfway through the season basically

They’re only a notch below the scumbag program of Ped state. And the only reason they’re not on equal footing is they only killed one kid and decided it was okay. Ped state impacted significant amount of lives. But they’re close in scum factor.

A4600639-B044-4325-912F-34CEC743CF82.jpeg

There will be two types of people wearing green in the dome Saturday. True Irish fans who traveled from south bend or went to school there and fake CNY fans who somehow don’t have the heart to actually root for the town they were raised in. The latter folks make me sick and it will take all my will to bite my tongue as they walk by me in the concourse.

How funny is it that Stumblin-Rumblin Greg Robinson (aka Gerg Robisore), who couldn't win his way out of paper bag (10-37 record, and then 5 of those wins were vacated by the NCAA!), went into South Bend and beat Notre Dame? SU went 3-9 that year and the UND game was bookended with crushing losses to Rutgers, UConn and Cincinnati.

Robinson's teams never played so well until the week it was announced that he was being let go.

How funny is it that Stumblin-Rumblin Greg Robinson (aka Gerg Robisore), who couldn't win his way out of paper bag (10-37 record, and then 5 of those wins were vacated by the NCAA!), went into South Bend and beat Notre Dame? SU went 3-9 that year and the UND game was bookended with crushing losses to Rutgers, UConn and Cincinnati.

Robinson's teams never played so well until the week it was announced that he was being let go.
If Weis didn’t have such a schematic advantage we would have blown them out

I’ve been lurking some of their boards and many of them think the Dome won’t be rocking as much because it’s a noon game.. lol. They don’t know what’s going to hit them.

ND's PR director changed the pronunciation of Joe Theesman's name to rhyme with Heisman. But, it's ok, because LT and all Cuse/Giants fans got the last laugh. My apologies if that's too morbid for some folks.

Syracuse reporter wants to talk to local ND fans. Hopefully she’ll title her piece “Losers with no soul”