Notre Dame violated NCAA recruiting contact rules | Syracusefan.com

Notre Dame violated NCAA recruiting contact rules

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt

• One year of probation.
  • A $5,000 fine.
  • A six-month show-cause order for the former assistant football coach, including a one-game suspension at any employing member school.
  • Reduced football official visits for the 2020-21 academic year by one.
  • Reduced football unofficial visits by 14 days for the 2020-21 academic year.
  • A seven-day off-campus recruiting ban for the entire football staff during the 2020-21 academic year.
  • The university ended the recruitment of the prospect.
  • The university will not recruit any prospects from the high school in Seattle from the 2019-20 through 2021-22 academic years.

NCAA to ND

giphy.gif

And the NCAA is still not allowing on or off campus visits because of Covid. Kind of worthless sanctions at this point.

Should make the entire team wear a scarlet letter “C” for cheaters for the entire season.

A whole $5000.00 bucks, huh?

Brian Kelly reaches for the leftover lunch money in his wallet...

A whole $5000.00 bucks, huh?

Brian Kelly reaches for the leftover lunch money in his wallet...
Emmert needed some cash to see a private viewing of Hamilton... Chose ND to stick it to this time to throw the non-powerhouse programs off the scent.

sure if they want to pay $75,000 before aid.
Well, yeah. I was operating off the assumption that they could back door it somehow.

But like, come on. If you were going to walk on at Notre Dame, your parents could probably afford it anyway.

Well, yeah. I was operating off the assumption that they could back door it somehow.

But like, come on. If you were going to walk on at Notre Dame, your parents could probably afford it anyway.

that really wasn't the point and you're the one who suggested a kid can still walk on. not me.

The last two bullets are not penalizing ND in my opinion. They are preventing future kids from that HS attending ND. ND should have lost a scholarship if they illegally recruited a kid. Not the other way around.

Last edited:
that really wasn't the point and you're the one who suggested a kid can still walk on. not me.

The last two bullets are not penalizing ND in my opinion. They are preventing future kids from attending ND. ND should have lost a scholarship if they illegally recruited a kid. Not the other way around.
Okay? I was initially suggesting was that by definition, a kid is not a recruit - whether scholarship or PWO - if they show up to campus in the summer and are accepted to practice / play with the team without being initially contacted by the staff, especially if the kid was a Notre Dame-caliber prospect.

But I should have picked up by our various interactions lately that you don't like hypotheticals, so I will leave it be.

Its pretty minor all around. Several other schools got hit with the same "penalties" for the same "violations".

Apparently, Washington's head coached turned in several programs (Florida, Texas A&M, ND) over contacts with a Seattle area recruit.

Florida and A&M were already "penalized" for this.

Somehow, only Notre Dame is being prominently mentioned. Go figure.

Do you guys recall similar headlines and stories when Florida and A&M were penalized? I don't.

https://theathletic.com/2279826/2020/12/...-texas-am/

Its pretty minor all around. Several other schools got hit with the same "penalties" for the same "violations".

Apparently, Washington's head coached turned in several programs (Florida, Texas A&M, ND) over contacts with a Seattle area recruit.

Florida and A&M were already "penalized" for this.

Somehow, only Notre Dame is being prominently mentioned. Go figure.

Do you guys recall similar headlines and stories when Florida and A&M were penalized? I don't.

https://theathletic.com/2279826/2020/12/...-texas-am/

Must not have looked too hard. We had a whole thread about Florida and simple google search showed several articles about it.

How do unofficial visits work? The kid already pays his own way, so how do they get restricted? Is it simply that the kid can't have contact with football staff, if he comes to campus?

I guess not. If I did see it, it must not have made any impression on me.

If it had, I would have shrugged it off as nothing.

This is a bit of a goalpost move from your victim post above.

But yeah, 5 thousand dollars easily goes unnoticed. It's like the Austin Powers moment.

I just feel bad for any other talented kids at that high school who did nothing wrong and have their pool shrunk a bit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom